Bed Bugs!

Pushit

• 1 month later...

I find if you don't pay them they generally leave by their own accord :D

yes, I was going to say much the same :o

Does OP mean dust mites. I don't think you can get rid of them. It's just a case of regularly cleaning, dusting and hoovering, preferably with you out of the room for a couple of hours.

bed bugs are insects that often stay in mattress (dust mights are yet another story) - they bite hard. Heavy spraying the whole house with some industrial insecticide or burning a sulphur in the rooms upstairs (with all windows and doors closed) and every other living creature out for a few hours would kill anything staying in your carpets and mattresses. Sulphur will get rid of black fungus so clear off the source of bad smells

bed bugs are insects that often stay in mattress (dust mights are yet another story) - they bite hard. Heavy spraying the whole house with some industrial insecticide or burning a sulphur in the rooms upstairs (with all windows and doors closed) and every other living creature out for a few hours would kill anything staying in your carpets and mattresses. Sulphur will get rid of black fungus so clear off the source of bad smells

Ah! I stand corrected, thanks for educating me on this one.

You can also buy multipurpose flea bombs at some old fashioned pharmacies and agricultural merchants, that will kill everything but you've got to ask around to find these places. The pharmacies that sell THAI traditional medicines also have cures based on fumigating the whole house with 'stuff'. But as previous posts suggest you've just got to get obsessed with cleaning and keep all animals outside. Tim

Best way is to steam them. I use a Polti steamer.

No chemicals and very easy to use.

These bugs breed in cracks in floor boards under skirting and anywhere where it is damp, dark and humid.

Start by removing all carpets and movable furniture, suction and steam or with whatever means clean the floor and all areas and carpets, (pay attention to underside of carpets) well. Then get a long acting or residual organophosphate insecticide and spray all cracks and corners of floors and floor spaces. Be careful with this stuff, it is extremely toxic. You may re-consider using this when you have toddlers in house, but still try and find a residual insecticide. This will kill the bugs before they can breed.

Fact is, a single fumigation or spray will not eradicate them.

They can be as hard to get rid of as those other species referred to in some posts above!!

Best way is to steam them. I use a Polti steamer.

No chemicals and very easy to use.

These bugs breed in cracks in floor boards under skirting and anywhere where it is damp, dark and humid.

Start by removing all carpets and movable furniture, suction and steam or with whatever means clean the floor and all areas and carpets, (pay attention to underside of carpets) well. Then get a long acting or residual organophosphate insecticide and spray all cracks and corners of floors and floor spaces. Be careful with this stuff, it is extremely toxic. You may re-consider using this when you have toddlers in house, but still try and find a residual insecticide. This will kill the bugs before they can breed.

Fact is, a single fumigation or spray will not eradicate them.

They can be as hard to get rid of as those other species referred to in some posts above!!

Sounds like you've done your homework. I think the best choice is having them professionally exterminated. Signs of bed bugs include blood spots on the bed linens, black spots on the mattress (feces), and occasionally irritations on the body from the bites/feeding. If there are holes in the mattress, it's advisable to discard of the mattress. A suitable, residual pesticide is necessary.... contact poisons such as bombs, etc., will have no effect on the eggs which are found, like you stated, in cracks and crevices around the room... particularly bed frames, picture frames, furniture, etc. Bed bugs are drawn to CO2 (emitted in human exhalation) and body heat. They are nocturnal and are drawn to a sleeping person.

Why is it these types of discussions make a person itch? <LOL>