Satellite Radio

cloudhopper

For those out there who tend to use the mass media more for information rather than entertainment, check out WorldSpace Radio website. Subscription is $60US for audio feeds of CNN, BBC, Bloomberg and WRN (which features a variety of PBS feeds from stations around the world like NPR) and a wide variety of music as well. They sell a nifty little receiver/antenna package that runs on batteries or mains and even has a built in FM stereo transmitter (a la Ipods to connect to home stereo system - audio quality is excellent) for ~ $80US. The Thai customs duty is 380 Baht. I like it!

For those out there who tend to use the mass media more for information rather than entertainment, check out WorldSpace Radio website. Subscription is $60US for audio feeds of CNN, BBC, Bloomberg and WRN (which features a variety of PBS feeds from stations around the world like NPR) and a wide variety of music as well. They sell a nifty little receiver/antenna package that runs on batteries or mains and even has a built in FM stereo transmitter (a la Ipods to connect to home stereo system - audio quality is excellent) for ~ $80US. The Thai customs duty is 380 Baht. I like it!

Wow, this is really cool. I am going to send away for it. But I need to call the Singapore number first because i can not fit my address in the limited boxes provided on the website. Thanks for this.