Two Israelis Arrested With 23,000 Ecstasy Pills

sriracha john

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's all i'm going to say on this topic until some news source comes out and reports what i have already said, yes i know a lot more information but i'm unwilling to post it on a public forum before it even becomes public knowledge and i breach someones trust.

I trust you understand my reasons.

Chloe.

Fair enough. How intriguing. I hope we learn more. Get those mafiosi! While they are at it, could they have a look at the baht bus/taxi mafia in Pattaya?

Hmmm, since you didn't say Israeli mafia, maybe you meant:

Russian mafia?

Rave party mafia?

Backpacker mafia?

The tension thickens.

I myself tried to join the gay mafia but since I don't work out, they turned down my application.

Edited by Jingthing

Mafia is overused in this country.

Gang is probably more appropriate. There have been stories of a mixed Israeli/other nationality gang coming to the Full Moon Party on Hadrin to sell drugs every month. I suspect it will be a much quieter FMP this month :o

Two Israelis arrested in Thailand for possession of 23,000 Ecstasy pills

Two Israelis were arrested Tuesday in Thailand after police found 23,000 Ecstasy pills in their possession, the foreign ministry said Friday. Israeli Consul Hanoch Amadi in Bangkok said he expected the two to be held for a long time for drug-dealing.

The two were arrested during a wide-scale police operation on Kwasan Street * Khao San Road * in Bangkok, where many Israeli tourists tend to congregate. Police also arrested a number of other Israelis at the same time, but some were released on bail and the others were released when it was clear they had no connection to the drug deal.

Amadi, who is in contact with the local authorities, told the foreign ministry that the two arrested are receiving legal aid. The foreign ministry updated the families of the two Israelis about their arrest.

- Haaretz (Israel)

===============================================================================

Two Israelis arrested with 23,000 Ecstasy pills

Two Israelis were arrested in Thailand on Friday after police caught them with 23,000 Ecstasy pills, Army Radio reported.

According to the report, the two Israelis are suspected of selling drugs in the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. They were arrested along with other Israelis in a large police raid in Bangkok. All of the other detainees were later released.

The arrests were made after police in Thailand received intelligence from sources in the US.

The Israeli embassy in Bangkok appointed a lawyer for the suspects, who are now awaiting trial.

- Jerusalem Post

===============================================================================

Thai police nab Israeli drug suspects after US DEA tip

BANGKOK -- Two Israeli nationals have been arrested on charges of trafficking more than 10,000 ''Ecstasy'' pills reportedly destined for the United States, Japan, Australia and New Zealand, Thai authorities announced Thursday.

The Israelis, identified as Alan Macloff and Vladimir Acronik, were arrested by narcotics police in Khao San Road area of Bangkok after they had allegedly brought the drugs from a European country.

The police operated on a tip from the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), which had earlier sought the suspected Israeli drug traffickers.

- MCOT

by the time they are out there will be peace in the middle east. :o

It is actually classed as more harmful/ addictive than cocaine, and in exactly the same league as crack and heroin. If you need to delude yourself to give you a sense of virtuosity then you probably have a bigger problem than you think.

ouch that quote smacks of ignorance.

Also anyone hear of the raid on RCA about a week ago ? the DEA was also involved in that one..

It is actually classed as more harmful/ addictive than cocaine, and in exactly the same league as crack and heroin. If you need to delude yourself to give you a sense of virtuosity then you probably have a bigger problem than you think.

Also anyone hear of the raid on RCA about a week ago ? the DEA was also involved in that one..

Not ignorance but fact. Maybe a bit harsh but in response to someone bragging about taking the stuff, and it being 'softer' than other drugs. I guess the UK government must be ignorant in their classification of e then.

I wonder what type of Thai Visa they qualify for in prison?? How can they stay in the Kingdom if they don't qualify for any of the current Visa categories? I wouldn't mind a stay at the Bangkok Hilton if it meant that I could get a long-stay visa. It seems that it might be easier to stay in Thailand with the special Prison Visa versus the other routes for obtaining visas.

I wonder what type of Thai Visa they qualify for in prison?? How can they stay in the Kingdom if they don't qualify for any of the current Visa categories? I wouldn't mind a stay at the Bangkok Hilton if it meant that I could get a long-stay visa. It seems that it might be easier to stay in Thailand with the special Prison Visa versus the other routes for obtaining visas.

Don't give us any ideas.

I think Chloe might be hinting about a Russian-Jewish mafia group. As she won't say, I will speculate. Such an international group would of course have citizen members mostly in Russia, Israel, France, UK, USA, and Canada. The last names were Russian-Jewish names (common in Israel of course) so I wonder if Chloe really knows something or was pulling our chains.

How many of you have met (or are) a real live mafiosi? OK, I guess you won't admit it if you are one. But I once had dinner (Italian of course) with a relative and her mafiosi, she had married a real live New Jersey-Sicilian mafiosi, complete with tacky Caddie and diamond pinky ring. We didn't talk about his means of support. Retired, he said. 55555. This was pre-Sopranos, but he could have been in the show. Those guys crack me up.

Edited by Jingthing

Mafia is overused in this country.

Gang is probably more appropriate. There have been stories of a mixed Israeli/other nationality gang coming to the Full Moon Party on Hadrin to sell drugs every month. I suspect it will be a much quieter FMP this month :o

Yes, you can tell yourself that the Russian-Israeli Mafia is not operating here in Thailand if you like.

You are only kidding yourself of course.

Chloe.

Info obtained.

So Chloe are you saying the Russian Jews in this group are only based in Israel, seems you are.

I thought you meant an international group of Russian Jews with various citizenships.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to hear of either of those kinds of groups operating here.

Edited by Jingthing

Not ignorance but fact. Maybe a bit harsh but in response to someone bragging about taking the stuff, and it being 'softer' than other drugs. I guess the UK government must be ignorant in their classification of e then.

Have you tried before?

I personally like the idea of making them take the drugs themselves until they go whackazoid. Much more just and fitting the crime. Just kidding, I think they deserve whatever due process happens here and then off to the Hilton.

Edited by Jingthing

Lets not forget that people (mainly young people) have died from using this drug...

And the many, many more people who have died of Thai whisky.

You can ABUSE any drug and more people die of alchohol than any other drug.

Edited by Jingthing

Lets not forget that people (mainly young people) have died from using this drug...

Don't they actually deserve to?

They are actually helping this evil act to exist within the human race!

My say is anyone who is involved with illegal drugs should be tortured to death and shown on TV!

How strange it is that people who smokes in non-smoking areas only get to pay a fine? They should be killed too. I think same logic.

Ok....explain abuse....one young girl here died after taking one tablet, one time....she was not a hardcore user...She just didnt know the effect it would have on her....of course the dealer told her about the dangers...didnt he ???

Ok....explain abuse....one young girl here died after taking one tablet, one time....she was not a hardcore user...She just didnt know the effect it would have on her....of course the dealer told her about the dangers...didnt he ???

One girl. People die of peanuts. Don't exaggerate.

I just don't see the outrage over this one, it seems over the top. They got caught. They are going to do long time, maybe worse. What do you want, to crucify them? Ecstasy is a party drug, not the same as crack or smack. Of course, drug abuse is a scourge. All I am saying is so is drinking and smoking and eating too much. They all kill.

Edited by Jingthing

My say is anyone who is involved with illegal drugs should be tortured to death and shown on TV!

How strange it is that people who smokes in non-smoking areas only get to pay a fine? They should be killed too. I think same logic.

See my reply to Jingthing....

Young girl at a rave party....first time user.....

One girl. People die of peanuts. Don't exaggerate.

I wish it were just one girl....but unfortunately it is not.

Yeah , popped a fair few few pills in my time when I was in my late teens / early twenties. They are not so bad but I think they do have side effects such as memory impairment etc

Most people tend to do them for a few years or so when young and then grow bored of them (possibly due to lack of serotonin). :o

However I did have a friend who took between 50-100 pills every week for about 2 years or so. He is now a manic depressive and has all sorts of mental problems.

However the same example can be given for alcohol. Moderation is the key !

As for those Israeli blokes, live by the gun......................

I support legalization of all drugs. Its called the DARWIN policy. Not for kids though, for adults only.

At least if legal, the drugs could be regulated for purity and dose, and also the government could get tax revenue from it ... same as booze and smokes.

However, as the law is the law, the crims knew it was the law, and must suffer the consequences. But don't act like they are Pol Pot or anything.

Edited by Jingthing

Oi vey.................these 2 are for the high jump!!

They should be so lucky, that would be better for them than this lynch mob tearing them apart limb by limb.

Of course they are Grade A Sleazeballs, but this ain't the crime of the century, its the crime of the day , in Thailand, at best.

Edited by Jingthing

2 weeks ago a young female medical student in HK died when scuba diving. I am sure she knew it could be dangerous too?

2 weeks ago a young female medical student in HK died when scuba diving. I am sure she knew it could be dangerous too?

Meemiathai, what point are you trying to get accross here?

See my reply to Jingthing....

Young girl at a rave party....first time user.....

If the quality of the pill had not been so bad due to its illegality....

If there had been more supervision on the usage of drugs...

If the act of taking drugs had not been made so mysterious by adults or better say the government(whom I bet does not even know a <removed> shit about drugs).....

Yes, of course, the very illegality does add to the danger.

When you buy a street drug, there is no way to know if it is real, pure, poison, etc. Plus the violence among the illegal traders.

When such drugs are made legal, sometimes more people do take them which societies do consider undesirable, so it is always a trade off.

Alcohol again a good example, very legal, very abused, directly responsible for millions of deaths. But usually the drink itself is pure and safe in moderation, the users abuse it and/or get addicted to it and kill themselves.

Edited by Jingthing