My Unwanted Influence In The Village

Flummoxed

I can understand your gf telling the truth as to where you two met to her sister, but to others in the village? I would imagine mentioning working in a bar is something most village girls would avoid doing.

Ask her to stop telling everyone where you met or tell her to make something up.

I can understand your gf telling the truth as to where you two met to her sister, but to others in the village? I would imagine mentioning working in a bar is something most village girls would avoid doing.

Ask her to stop telling everyone where you met or tell her to make something up.

It's never been mentioned but these people aren't stupid.

I'm relatively young at 33 and quite handsome.

It would not matter if you was 66 and very ugly, don't flatter yourself mate.

You are a Farang, that's all that counts. :o

JING JING Begs he could have no face well that's kinda pushing it maybe, He is Farang Don't show them your bank statement Bub!!! :D

It is completely understandable the reaction Flum got, and it wouldn't make one difference if she never said another word. The word has been out for a long time, and it happened ZOOM! like a rocket, first through the family, and then, at the first sign of new car, or something else out of the ordinary, through the immediate area, and beyond. It is IMPOSSIBLE to keep secrets in any Thai village I've ever been in because nobody wants to keep quiet, or be left out of the loop, and most everyone wants to gain or keep face, and money, from literally ANY source, can offer a lot in this regard, in my experience

Everyone has dreams. But many feel their options are limited. Some just continue to go with the flow, as Thais seem to do so well (at least better than me!), and some try to fight back to change their life. This where they must make some really tough choices.

In a past time, long ago, I was a Manager in a quite large go-go bar and restaurant for a couple of months, as a favour to the owner, whom I'd met years earlier in other circumstances.

I remember seeing the process the Chao Mai's (New Kids on the block) went through...First night, huddled in a group in a corner, arms and legs crossed, with an aprehensive look on their faces...

But, once they left with a customer the first time, their hearts seemed to change. They now seemed to 'act' like prostitutes, whereas they were sweet young girls only moments before...

I always was stung by this, and after a short time, I quit, because I just didn't have the heart, and nor did I want my heart to change after awhile, like theirs.

I feel education is the answer for many, but not all, especially once they've gotten into working. Then those education dreams just fade away for most, it seems...So sad. I've offered to pay the tuition and books for a few workers over the years, but not one has ever followed through..

That's why I've refocused on supporting kids before they get to the point of making such life choices. I work with schools near orphanges, schools with poor hilltribe kids (Not all hilltribe people or villages are poor, by the way) and I pay for my housekeeper's kids to stay in school, too. I'm greatfull that I have the resources to help now, and I firmly believe, that education and health care should never need to be denied because of lack of money.

Flum, obviously you're just going to have to accept the fact that your situation is the way it is, but that doesn't mean you can't influence it, too. Maybe offering to help with tuition and tools to learn hair styling? Or pay for some other vocational course to help them have more life choices through expanding their education...

Just my 2 kyat...

I'm relatively young at 33 and quite handsome.

Isn't that what they say to all Farangs in the Bars?? Hmmmmmmmmm :D

My mate who is as ugly as sin gets called a handsome man in Thailand.

Flummoxed, its your wallet thats attractive , not you. :o

From another thread.........

QUOTE (IamMaiC @ Sat 2004-08-28, 17:31:23)

What about the threads that pretty much say the same things but have a different name?? what do u think of them?

QUOTE (Begs)

You mean like bargirl threads and threads that slag Thai people off in general?

No, i do not like them. Simple reason being is , there are no Bargirls here to defend themselves when under attack.

And as 99% of the guys in this Forum all met their wives/gfs in a non-bar situation, i wonder where all the experience of the bars comes from.

The words pot, kettle and black spring to mind.

I should have added that it's VERY easy for any adult to go back and get an M6 certificate (high school diploma)

The government has special schools located all over the country (there are 2 within 5 kilometers of my house) that provide classes in the day time, evenings, and weekends.

Basically, you study for a test that allows you to 'graduate' to the next level...Someone who left school with a M3 or P6 (depending on their ages, this often corresponds to the max level of 'free' education offered by the govt at that time.) for example, would probably only need to study for a term, or even less. A friend who went in with P3 (third grade, elementary) studied and tested over 2 terms for her M6. Most any office-job employer will give consideration to an M6, but rarely to even an M3 except for the most menial jobs. Education does have value here if guided well.

Again, it's intended to give more choices in life. It's up to them to make the choices after you've presented everything.

But, if we all are more aware of such relatively easy opportunities for higher education, we can support our friends to help maybe make their own lives better with the information you've presented :o

I too used to see the Thai's as nothing but money grabbers and theives.

Thankfully, I have matured and can now view them in a more understanding light. What a shame there are few who can do so.

did anyone say that?? I was just making a joke lighten up man "Mai Pen Rai" remember your going to be dead one day so enjoy!!!!!

Then we can mention how stupid you are to make a post like this. I think its total BS but if you are sincere then you are a total jackass.

You show up at the village and all of a sudden they start talking about going to work in bars? They did not know about that before huh? The people of your village knew about phuket bars long before you showed up.

On the other hand--if your post is sincere and other girls are really talking about going to find someone like you... it has to be because you are being milked big time.

hahahahah

Then we can mention how stupid you are to make a post like this. I think its total BS but if you are sincere then you are a total jackass.

You show up at the village and all of a sudden they start talking about going to work in bars? They did not know about that before huh? The people of your village knew about phuket bars long before you showed up.

On the other hand--if your post is sincere and other girls are really talking about going to find someone like you... it has to be because you are being milked big time.

hahahahah

Good One Falong I have been reading Private Dancer and the Farang in Love with the Thai Bargirl is being taken for a ride and that's a book!!!! Pete(The main character) said that he didn't care if the Bargirl had a husband or a boyfriend :o as long as she told him the truth. He would still Love her!!!

Does anyone know if this book is true?? I mean did it happen to the author??

hahahahah

So harsh, so harsh.............. :o

Does anyone know if this book is true?? I mean did it happen to the author??

Its about as true as Warren Fellows book about being in Prison in Thailand.

A work of fiction, with a little bit of fact thrown in. It is written to sell, not to tell facts.

Does anyone know if this book is true??  I mean did it happen to the author??

A work of fiction, with a little bit of fact thrown in. It is written to sell, not to tell facts.

Was Warren Fellows the aussie up to neck in shit for being a druggie??

Does anyone know if this book is true??  I mean did it happen to the author??

Was Warren Fellows the aussie up to neck in shit for being a druggie??

Literally... :o