The Positive Thread. No Negativity!

Jockstar

Since there has been a few too many negative threads on TV lately. As mentioned by others. I thought i'd give others aswell as myself the chance to say something positive thats happened to them today, yesterday or recently. I'll start. My folks have come over to Oz ,Sydney for the first time, my dad has tried some food(sushi) for the first time, he went fishing off the rocks for the first time. We went camping together with my wife for the first time. I have got to spend a good week with my folks for the first time since my wedding in ChiangMai but without the stress. So tell me. What postive has happened to you lately?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there has been a few too many negative threads on TV lately. As mentioned by others. I thought i'd give others aswell as myself the chance to say something positive thats happened to then today, yesterday or recently. I'll start. My folks have come over to Oz ,Sydney for the first time, my dad has tried some food(sushi) for the first time, he went fishing off the rocks for the first time. We went camping together with my wife for the first time. I have got to spend a good week with my folks for the first time since my wedding in ChiangMai but without the stress. So tell me. What postive has happened to you lately?

positives that have happened to me ,i sold a car to a thai and a house ,also rent 2 houses out for the next month ,things are looking up :o

Good. Anymore?

I just got hired to do a job in the Middle East and the salary is 4 times my present salary :o

One of the leading scholars on the planet just agreed to take over as the next editor of my science journal with me in an administrative position at the top.....that means that he will do most of the work and I will get the money......great :D

After thinking I was about to die last month, I discovered, with the help of some fantastic Chinese doctors that my problem can be fixed via regular medical massage :D

Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize. I still think he will run for the presidency and win :D

I'm very fortunate to be able to do the things I really like.

I'm very fortunate and grateful that I can live in Thailand while running a business that has my complete passion.

I'm very fortunate that I have been able to learn an awful lot about life myself and all that involves my business/my passion.

I'm even more fortunate that I've learned to see the ups as well as the downs in my life as a chance to learn more and grow, instead of it becoming an obstruction.

I see the the present and future as one big positive life experience

I'm happy! :o

Nienke

And, no, several years ago I wasn't this positive. I learned this here, in Chiang Mai, with and through the dogs.

I bought a fish tank for 1300 baht yesterday. A big-ish one too with air pump and stuff. Good deal I think.

And they gave me a gold fish with it for free. A big black one. The orange ones just seemed too happy, and I don't like to have life around me that looks happier than I am.

Edited by chanchao

I've just opened, and quaffed, an ice cold Becks beer and am about to open another.

I have talked to my TGF who will return to Oz next year to help through some difficult times.

Today is a good, peaceful day.

(just had a second beer and all is fine with the world)

Edited by Old Croc

My girlfriends career is going very well here in Thailand and looks to be leading up to a very big international position one day, it makes me extremely happy that she is happy. My school is doing well, my acting career is constantly growing and I wait with baited breath for the movie I have my biggest role in to come out in March (even if all you guys criticise me and make fun of me it's still all good!)

Damian

Got alive out of Burma.

Had one of my children to visit for one month :o

Had one of my best friend visiting yesterday (we live in different countries)

Our dog held her p-p until we came home today and then raced outside rather than soiling our floor.

One of my staff just came to tell me that he's received 'Permanent Staff Status', this after my recommendation of a couple of months back.

He's walking around the office with a smile from ear to ear.

Things worked out well there.

I feel good about that.

I went to Samui on Friday to pick up my one year extension. Ran into the guy who does my visa at the Post Office, he offered me a ride to Immigration (I had to talk to the CAT guy so I had to decline). Upon entering the Immigration office, he came over to me, asked for my passport, walked me to his desk, got my paperwork (we chatted) stamped my passport --gave it to the head guy who commented that I got the express service (to which my Immigration officer commented, But she's been coming here for years!) who then stamped it, and I was off. Less than 10 minutes after I walked in.

I then went to Tesco Lotus and paid the Thai price for the taxi -- did some shopping, had a donut, got a motorbike taxi to the Seatrans pier (it rained but thats ok) again for the Thai price, and took the boat back. The waves were not big, it did not flood (last month when I did my extension, the trip was a nightmare).

All in all, a very nice day. I love a good bit of shopping :D

**edit** have to add that I was alone, I did not drag my husband along with me so the shopping was enjoyable indeed. Nothing like listening to the heavy martyred sighs of a man forced to go shopping with a woman :o

I had a bowel movement this morning, first in 2 days... :D

We were all hoping that every thing comes out ok for you. keep up the good work. :o:D :D :D

I was going to say, "I'm sure that was a load off your mind." But I won't say it, for fear of sounding negative.

Today was a beautiful day; I walked through the neighborhood at noon, enjoying the warmth, thinking it was probably a bit cooler in Thompson, Manitoba.

I bought a fish tank for 1300 baht yesterday. A big-ish one too with air pump and stuff. Good deal I think.

And they gave me a gold fish with it for free. A big black one. The orange ones just seemed too happy, and I don't like to have life around me that looks happier than I am.

Funny how even the black ones are called 'gold'.

Ate some lovely fried banana this evening.