Indian Pick-up Due To Hit The Market. Do Not Buy

hullmonkey1

Just read the article below

http://www.automotive-business-review.com/...B9-19E67050B1BA

"Bearing the Tata logo, the trucks are to be sold in the range of $12,000 to $15,000, when compared to the current rates of $18,000 to 29,000 in the local market."

Believe me, the old adage that you only get what you pay for is 100% correct in this case. I work in India in the construction line and my company vehicle is a 2 year old Tata pickup and it is a piece of junk. I have had it from new and it has been in and out of the workshop on a regular basis since it was about 3 months old.

The resale value of used cars in Thailand is usually very good but once word gets around about Tata you can forget about selling it on. You will be stuck with a heap of crap :o

Over on the motor forum there's a post that claims that Toyota's Vigo is 'mortally unsafe' after extensive tests conducted in Sweden.

Can't be much worse than that!

Perhaps you aren't familiar with goods from India besides clothes.

Caveat Emptor in the most serious of ways.

Dr. B

Maybe they're improved? :o You wouldn't get one for a family vehicle, but as a farm workhorse.. Can't be worse than a used Mazda Familia cannit? :D

As I said, mine is only 2 years old. I dont use it as a workhorse. It only carries me and my driver to and from site, has never been loaded up and never used for towing but it is ready for the knacker's yard.

Never had a mazda but they cannot be worse than Tata