Across From Lek

gavin hawaii

Does anyone have an update on the big construction site on second road across from the Lek Hotel? When I was there in Feb. 2007 I was told that it would have new bars and entertainment venues and be completed by Feb. of 2008.

Seems to be about 80% open. There are shops,restaurants, fitness centre, indoor "market" area with stalls and a cinema.

Can't say i am overly impressed by it. But another place for the Russians to spend their money I guess.

Does anyone have an update on the big construction site on second road across from the Lek Hotel? When I was there in Feb. 2007 I was told that it would have new bars and entertainment venues and be completed by Feb. of 2008.

If you mean "The Avenue" yes the centre is open. Cinemas, banks, Villa supermarket (See threads on Villa), gym (see thread on California WOW), bars and restaurants. Some more restaurants to come. They also have their own parking mafia according to another thread. The hotel(?) next door is still under construction, but it does not impose too much.

There is WiFi at McDonalds and Shenannigans bar.

There is WiFi at McDonalds and Shenannigans bar.

Wowee :o

Sorry but I find it very sad when I see someone in a bar (read place of entertainment) tippety tapping away on their laptop. Some people IMO need to get a life.

In answer to the OP, yes the development is basically complete and open for business.Personally I'd rather watch paint dry than spend my quality time in the place.

PS a bit of a growl I know but it was a heavy session last night. One of those unplanned gatherings that seemed like a good idea at the time.