Waterfront Pattaya Bay

thaiman

I enquired a while ago and it might interest those to know that the boat yard lease on the land at bali hai pier area ends in 1 years time and is not going to be renewed. City Hall has stated that there are plans afoot to re-develop that area into pavement cafe style carry on, nice shops etc.

As I see it, this building isn't going to obstruct anyone's views or cause unnecessary traffic problems but instead would enhance what is currently a shitty area. So then, apart from personal preferences and choice and the fact that a large amount of folks (including me also) can't afford to buy in this development, what's actually wrong with it?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend owns an expensive condo in Northshore Condos (Soi 5 Beach). We enjoy taking in the view from his sea view balcony. Sadly, the noise is unbearable from the 16th floor. I wouldn't live there if it were free. Central Pattaya or bust.

How hot are they with the floor to ceiling glass ? Aircon expensive ?

Naka.

• 2 months later...
JESUS CHRIST, this thread amazes me. Lots of bloggers who don't know anything, just want to puke their bad opinion. Please do that in the beer bar where it is appropriate. In this forum I think you should hold on to facts, spiced up with some personal opinion.

Don't ANYONE understand this project will become a landmark, a Pattaya icon and one of the best investments ever in this area.

It will help Pattaya become an even more high end community together with all the other brand names allready built and soon to become. Be happy this fantastic building is built in our city.

If you need some true and real information about this project, I have it but I will not discuss this matter with a born pessimist and possibly anarcist.

Just learned that Pattaya have been voted #1 Sin City in the world. Project like this will get Pattaya rated much lower in the future and I, for one, desire that progress.

As you say - Pattaya #1 sin city in the world, full of dumb bar bloggers like me, so why are you here? I guess you're one of the jews behind this project hence your "JESUS CHRIST" cussing - - DO NOT USE OUR LORDS NAME IN VAIN!

As you can see from the majority of posts on this subject not so dumb as they can see through this charade.

I noticed the big Waterfront sign had/has? Paragon Real Estate Agents phone number for enquiries, funny how this project doesnt feature in their website anywhere, if it was such a hot deal, surley the nice men at Paragon would be all full of it - http://www.thai-realestate.net/projects.php can anyone expalin that? :o

This is so funny. A few days ago I took a stroll in the Bali Hai area and thought that it would be impossible to build a condo in there. :o Of course I was thinking about all the greenery on the hill surrounding the Pattaya City sign.

On the plus side, it looks like this will be a building with all the rooms complete before the owners move-in. Which is great. Something I will never understand is why they sell condo shells in large buildings as all it does is cause noise pollution for the residents for the next X amount of years. Not to hijack, but there is a new complex in Jomtien going up with 600 units! I bet if I look at them 10 years later construction will still be going on.

TheWalkingMan

I enquired a while ago and it might interest those to know that the boat yard lease on the land at bali hai pier area ends in 1 years time and is not going to be renewed. City Hall has stated that there are plans afoot to re-develop that area into pavement cafe style carry on, nice shops etc.

As I see it, this building isn't going to obstruct anyone's views or cause unnecessary traffic problems but instead would enhance what is currently a shitty area. So then, apart from personal preferences and choice and the fact that a large amount of folks (including me also) can't afford to buy in this development, what's actually wrong with it?

There's a pink pig just flew past my window.......

This building is hardly a beautiful landmark, it's an ugly monument to developers greed and defaces a beautiful landscape which is the national park, one of the few parts of Pattaya where you can see the coast line with out high buildings. It doesn't belong here, it is too high, I wonder if its higher than the Kings statue? If so could be scuppered when it has to get approval from the palace?

post-65230-1216861301_thumb.jpg

I wonder if its higher than the Kings statue? If so could be scuppered when it has to get approval from the palace?

Strange comment as they have already given approval for a 97 (ish) storey condo in Jomtien. Don't believe all your read in your Lonely Planet 'guide'.

I wonder if its higher than the Kings statue? If so could be scuppered when it has to get approval from the palace?

Strange comment as they have already given approval for a 97 (ish) storey condo in Jomtien. Don't believe all your read in your Lonely Planet 'guide'.

I don't read Lonely Planet?

Ocean 1 isnt close to a Royal Statue/ Monument or any other kind of Royal site? If you have any experience in the real estate development business here you should know in this country you can have all the paper work you want, but nothing is guaranteed. If the Royal Palace says no thanks what do you think will happen?

This building is hardly a beautiful landmark, it's an ugly monument to developers greed and defaces a beautiful landscape which is the national park, one of the few parts of Pattaya where you can see the coast line with out high buildings. It doesn't belong here, it is too high, I wonder if its higher than the Kings statue? If so could be scuppered when it has to get approval from the palace?

another attempt to gloss over the "turd" otherwise know as pattaya. Pretty gloss on the outside, but still a piece of sh** on the inside. I prefer the old pattaya b/c everyone knew it was sh** and came here b/c of that. Now it's just motley.

I don't read Lonely Planet?

Ocean 1 isnt close to a Royal Statue/ Monument or any other kind of Royal site? If you have any experience in the real estate development business here you should know in this country you can have all the paper work you want, but nothing is guaranteed. If the Royal Palace says no thanks what do you think will happen?

Since when is royal aprovement required for a building licence?

This is so funny. A few days ago I took a stroll in the Bali Hai area and thought that it would be impossible to build a condo in there. :o Of course I was thinking about all the greenery on the hill surrounding the Pattaya City sign.

On the plus side, it looks like this will be a building with all the rooms complete before the owners move-in. Which is great. Something I will never understand is why they sell condo shells in large buildings as all it does is cause noise pollution for the residents for the next X amount of years. Not to hijack, but there is a new complex in Jomtien going up with 600 units! I bet if I look at them 10 years later construction will still be going on.

TheWalkingMan

It's isn't actually going up yet. Has been about to be going up for two years.

another attempt to gloss over the "turd" otherwise know as pattaya. Pretty gloss on the outside, but still a piece of sh** on the inside. I prefer the old pattaya b/c everyone knew it was sh** and came here b/c of that. Now it's just motley.

If you think Pattaya is a turd why are you on the Pattaya forum. Go back you the wonderful place you came from. Pattaya is what it is, take it or leave it. If you dont like it move on. Believe me you wont be missed!

If you think Pattaya is a turd why are you on the Pattaya forum. Go back you the wonderful place you came from. Pattaya is what it is, take it or leave it. If you dont like it move on. Believe me you wont be missed!

I like the turd without the fake gloss trying to be applied. It is what it is, like you said, but I didn't say i didn't like it. I just don't like the gloss. It takes away from that old crude character it once had. If i were to move on, however, I would probably be missed by some.

I like the turd without the fake gloss trying to be applied. It is what it is, like you said, but I didn't say i didn't like it. I just don't like the gloss. It takes away from that old crude character it once had. If i were to move on, however, I would probably be missed by some.

Fair play thaiman, I miss interpreted you there. But like it or not Patts in changing for better or worse youve just got to live with it. I still love the place since I first came here 19 years ago.

I agree with Thaiman, Pattaya's attraction to most expats who've came to live here was because it is was cheap and turdy. But times are changing, the Jews and Russians are here in big numbers, Jews are building Russians buying. Question with Waterfront is are they going to get all the permits and permissions they need to build this ugly monstrosity and will there be enough mug buyers ready to spend way over the odds to live on one of the worst stretches of 'no' beach in Pattaya. The view isn't the yachts of Monti Carlo its turdy old speed boats and turdy old ferries, carting gangs of Korean tourist out to the islands, its noisy and polluting, if you actually study the view its not pleasant at all! If its just a view you want then drive 15k towards Lamchabang, get a beach front bay view for 10% of Waterfronts price.

Pattaya is Pattaya. You either like it or you don't. I certainly wouldn't live anywhere I didn't like. If you don't like it and don't live there, what business is it of yours if people who DO like it live there?

Pattaya is Pattaya. You either like it or you don't. I certainly wouldn't live anywhere I didn't like. If you don't like it and don't live there, what business is it of yours if people who DO like it live there?

Not commenting on Pattaya as a place to live? Read the forum, its about another over priced development using dubious tatics to takie deposits and take advantage of buyers. If they are backed by big investors where's the marketing, their advertising budget is tiny and pathetic, why no photos of the building published in the local media? Compare them to Southpoint which is being built by Raimon Land a prooven and trusted developer, they advertise everywhere even set up a radio station for the project.

Nosie and diesel pollution, Israeli developers, Russians neighbors, Thai boat mafia, shoddy construction on an illegal building site. 20% down no refunds. No one mentioning the names to protect the guilty.

Anyone getting into this project deserves what they get

som num nah

A friend owns an expensive condo in Northshore Condos (Soi 5 Beach). We enjoy taking in the view from his sea view balcony. Sadly, the noise is unbearable from the 16th floor. I wouldn't live there if it were free. Central Pattaya or bust.

Just out of interest this joint sat for many,many years unfinished,and had a lot of steel reinforcing exposed rusting in the salt air.

Looks nice finally finished...buy there...never in a lifetime.

Just history for the residents who own now.

Nosie and diesel pollution, Israeli developers, Russians neighbors, Thai boat mafia, shoddy construction on an illegal building site. 20% down no refunds. No one mentioning the names to protect the guilty.

som num nah

No way Thai's are gonna be buying these units? they wont pay those over the top prices, or want the view of Bali Hai Pier, so thats 50% of the building isnt it?

I saw their ad in a magazine 'aspire' it's really cheap looking then a photo which I guess is supposed to be the view, but Bali Hai pier is way off in the distance suggesting the photo was taken from The Royal Cliff Condo - why not show a picture of this 'beautiful landmark" building in the advert or in the press, suggests something is not going according to plan?

som num nah

No way Thai's are gonna be buying these units? they wont pay those over the top prices, or want the view of Bali Hai Pier, so thats 50% of the building isnt it?

I saw their ad in a magazine 'aspire' it's really cheap looking then a photo which I guess is supposed to be the view, but Bali Hai pier is way off in the distance suggesting the photo was taken from The Royal Cliff Condo - why not show a picture of this 'beautiful landmark" building in the advert or in the press, suggests something is not going according to plan?

Not enough seed money raised yet? Ohh, where are the suckers when they need them?

Also agree that the building is a nightmare waiting to happen. Main thing is Thais will never buy a building right on walking street. Bang... half the building unsold. Many foreigners would not buy due to boats, noise, new go-cart track right out side their doors and don't forget the open sewers that run through South Pattaya all meet up only 50 metres from there!! No fun on a hot day. Can't believe they are even atempting it. Really looks like some kind of scam. As stated by Bangkokdam, why no budget to advertise properly and no big release of pictures etc. Very fishy indeed.

I would stick with existing buildings if I was purchasing. I'm sure you could buy units in Royal Cliff or similar cheaper that they want for waterfront with no gamble. I know where my money would be if I had enough to buy 1 of these over priced units.

Also agree that the building is a nightmare waiting to happen. Main thing is Thais will never buy a building right on walking street. Bang... half the building unsold. Many foreigners would not buy due to boats, noise, new go-cart track right out side their doors and don't forget the open sewers that run through South Pattaya all meet up only 50 metres from there!! No fun on a hot day. Can't believe they are even atempting it. Really looks like some kind of scam. As stated by Bangkokdam, why no budget to advertise properly and no big release of pictures etc. Very fishy indeed.

I would stick with existing buildings if I was purchasing. I'm sure you could buy units in Royal Cliff or similar cheaper that they want for waterfront with no gamble. I know where my money would be if I had enough to buy 1 of these over priced units.

Find out what these guys have built before, see the website it's two guys Aviv Baal Taxa and David Arbel couple of jewish lawyers. The Thais as we know are clever,they'll get support and permissions as long as they keep paying as the project gets higher up the chain of authoritiy will get harder, so called Thai friends and protectors will suddenly be harder to reach on the phone and it will start spinning its wheels in the mud, in fact I bet thats where it is now, anyone ask Paragon Real Estate Agents why they got sacked?

• 1 month later...

I don't know where this came from I'm already visit the show suite which finds of interested.

The fixture and finishing give me lots of impressed, the location is very unique.

The payment plan for Thai Ownership is required only 30% payment upfront and 70% on handover.

They already recived EIA and building permit which I recommend your guys to check it out.

I'm very impress with thier products and thier service I will invite my firends from Bangkok to have a look in this project.

Don't be negative I've been lots of project and they have different products please have a look before desire...