Waterfront Pattaya Bay

thaiman

so it looks like another condo developement this time in pattaya bay. It is trully amazing how many developments have popped up in recent years in bkk and pattaya. This new one to be built, Waterfront, is just plain bizarre. I mean there going to put a luxury condo over looking a harbor which is so noisy. I wouldn't stay there if it was for free. Granted the view is nice, but that wouldn't outway the incredible noise from the boat landing which seems to pollute throughout the day Starting in the early morning, and you've got that road nearby where huge tour buses drive by. Wake up in the morning to noise and sit on your balcony in the day and listen to more noise, only to retire at night looking forward to another day of noise pollution. Just seems like more madness to crazy Pattaya.

• Like 1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.waterfrontpattaya.com/

If you view the website it looks like it will be built right in front of that really expensive "PATTAYA BAY" sign..............

TiT

Is it just me or does their logo look like a shark's fin.

If you put your mouse over the "register here" bit the shark swims up and down the words. :o

I wonder where the patch of greenery and clean beach is that they show in the shockwave show? It is not any place I can recognise in Pattaya.

A friend owns an expensive condo in Northshore Condos (Soi 5 Beach). We enjoy taking in the view from his sea view balcony. Sadly, the noise is unbearable from the 16th floor. I wouldn't live there if it were free. Central Pattaya or bust.

A friend owns an expensive condo in Northshore Condos (Soi 5 Beach). We enjoy taking in the view from his sea view balcony. Sadly, the noise is unbearable from the 16th floor.

That's unfortunately the problem anywhere and everywhere in Thailand. The incredible noise pollution at all hours of the day and nite. I would be quite leary of buying anything anywhere, house or condo, because even if it might be somewhat quiet when you buy...the next week a karaoke bar or boom-box disco opens up on your block and there goes your pricey peace and quiet. At least if you rent, you always have the option of moving when it gets too bad.

And if that isn't enough to put you off just look at the per m2 prices they're asking for it!!!!!!

Wait a year or two and IF they ever get the funding to build it, and mugs initially buy at their ridiculous prices, I bet you would easily be able to buy units in the secondary market for a lot less, when people are unable or unwilling to continue the stage payments for their units. But then you will have to shoulder the risk of the developer failing to complete it.

I wouldn't buy off anyone who didn't have a track record for completing developments, or who wasn't well-funded right now.

And if that isn't enough to put you off just look at the per m2 prices they're asking for it!!!!!!

Wait a year or two and IF they ever get the funding to build it, and mugs initially buy at their ridiculous prices, I bet you would easily be able to buy units in the secondary market for a lot less, when people are unable or unwilling to continue the stage payments for their units. But then you will have to shoulder the risk of the developer failing to complete it.

I wouldn't buy off anyone who didn't have a track record for completing developments, or who wasn't well-funded right now.

There are serious unresolved issues regarding distance from Median Sea Level. I wouldn't go near this project with a barge pole until those issues are decided in Administrative Court. That goes for other unbuilt projects close to the sea.

There are serious unresolved issues regarding distance from Median Sea Level. I wouldn't go near this project with a barge pole until those issues are decided in Administrative Court. That goes for other unbuilt projects close to the sea.

A: No problem... (she replay in the office)

A: from 95.000 thb pr. m2 op to 145.000 thb pr m2 (she replay in the office)

Start: 2Q 2008

Finish sometime in 2010...

Community Fee: 60 thb pr. m2 --- today... (she replay in the office)

She talk in the office about a garenti, bank or company. I know there is no Garenti in Thailand but if it is a big international company ther can give you a garenti becorse they whant money before house finish.

20% upon signing contract

15% upon start af piling

50% upon start of main structure (spread over 30 Months construction period with 10 Quarterly payments)

15% Upon Completion

20% sold already... (she replay in the office)

Seem to bee sold fast... (perhaps sold before the start selling)

I think house look nice compare to a lot of others, but to expensive to mee without finance. Can bee a good investment if the house finish without problem. If you want to by look company op that is bilding the house.

Moshe Tzur International LTD (that the name they right on the prospekt to house)

Blackadder

She talk in the office about a garenti, bank or company. I know there is no Garenti in Thailand but if it is a big international company ther can give you a garenti becorse they whant money before house finish.

15% upon start af piling

50% upon start of main structure (spread over 30 Months construction period with 10 Quarterly payments)

15% Upon Completion

I think house look nice compare to a lot of others, but to expensive to mee without finance. Can bee a good investment if the house finish without problem. If you want to by look company op that is bilding the house.

Moshe Tzur International LTD (that the name they right on the prospekt to house)

Blackadder

Blackadder - are you saying the Israeli company doing the building is also acting as guarantor of the buyer's payments? That presents two problems -

1. In all likelihood (unless they ringfence buyers funds, which, here in the Wild West, is hardly likely when they are not legally obliged to do so, especially when they need these funds for actually building). So if they go bust, you should assume they go bust for the building and for the guarantees.

2. In all likelihood, the guarantee arrangement will not be recognised in Thai law, unless you do some clever legal drafting with them to specifically make it enforceable in the event of the developer going bankrupt (bankruptcy law will override their obligations as guarantors, unless they have actually put your money to one side in a specifically identifiable bank account). If not, don't even try pursuing an Israeli company in Israel for a guarantee if you have to sue over there! It would never be worth it.

So it is best to assume this guarantee is just worthless marketing, unless you can explain to me where I am going wrong?

Many thanks,

Sharecropper

• 2 weeks later...

15% upon start af piling

15% Upon Completion

Blackadder

Blackadder - are you saying the Israeli company doing the building is also acting as guarantor of the buyer's payments? That presents two problems -

1. In all likelihood (unless they ringfence buyers funds, which, here in the Wild West, is hardly likely when they are not legally obliged to do so, especially when they need these funds for actually building). So if they go bust, you should assume they go bust for the building and for the guarantees.

2. In all likelihood, the guarantee arrangement will not be recognised in Thai law, unless you do some clever legal drafting with them to specifically make it enforceable in the event of the developer going bankrupt (bankruptcy law will override their obligations as guarantors, unless they have actually put your money to one side in a specifically identifiable bank account). If not, don't even try pursuing an Israeli company in Israel for a guarantee if you have to sue over there! It would never be worth it.

So it is best to assume this guarantee is just worthless marketing, unless you can explain to me where I am going wrong?

Many thanks,

Sharecropper

Sory about my late replay.

She told me in the office, there is a bank guarantee if building not finish.

I replay: Bank guarantee?

(she replay in the office) yes, Bank guarantee.

I replay: Thai Bank guarantee my money if house not finish.

(she replay in the office) yes

I replay: Thai bank give me money back if house not finish

(she replay in the office) No, company give money back.

So it is best to assume this guarantee is just worthless marketing?

Yes i think so.

But better to get all that straight before paying – if it is an international company that wants to guarantee, it can do in a country where it have asset and with a low you trust. I think big international companies that want to be trustworthy have no problem in giving a guarantee under that condition.

How many meters is it from MSL? Is this another VT7 or Regatta?

It's just under 100m from MSL so there could be a problem here if the 200m law is to be enforced.

• 1 month later...

· I think someone needs his head checked. “the incredible noise from the boat landing” – WHERE on Earth did you hear it?!? Just stand on the embankment near the spot where they do this “landing” and listen all you want – there is very little sound compared to the endless roar of motorbikes in busy central Pattaya streets. I personally live in a 5-storey building surrounded by 3 VERY BUSY streets. Motorbikes growl all the time, 24/7. I NEVER had a problem of awaking from this. Just use SOUNDPROOF windows, that’s all !! :o

A friend owns an expensive condo in Northshore Condos (Soi 5 Beach). We enjoy taking in the view from his sea view balcony. Sadly, the noise is unbearable from the 16th floor.

That's unfortunately the problem anywhere and everywhere in Thailand. The incredible noise pollution at all hours of the day and nite. I would be quite leary of buying anything anywhere, house or condo, because even if it might be somewhat quiet when you buy...the next week a karaoke bar or boom-box disco opens up on your block and there goes your pricey peace and quiet. At least if you rent, you always have the option of moving when it gets too bad.

I don't recognize this where I live :D:D:o

seems quite cheap to me... in comparison what an aircraft carrier or a B1 bomber costs.

· I Just use SOUNDPROOF windows, that’s all !! :o

You CAN, but sometimes you'd like to sit on your balcony for some fresh air (as fresh as Pattaya air gets anyway), and often you'd like to leave the windows open for a breeze. If you have to have your windows closed all the time, then you have to run your air-conditioner constantly. :D

You CAN, but sometimes you'd like to sit on your balcony for some fresh air (as fresh as Pattaya air gets anyway), and often you'd like to leave the windows open for a breeze. If you have to have your windows closed all the time, then you have to run your air-conditioner constantly. :D

Sounds reasonable. VERY reasonable. However, not so reasonable when you know what I meant. I meant AT NIGHTTIME. Just look above - what another man said "That's unfortunately the problem anywhere and everywhere in Thailand. The incredible noise pollution at all hours of the day and nite." :D

In my post I assumed that I ALREADY GAVE UP noise pollution during the day because to fight it in Thailand is an exercise in futility. I meant that before I had problems staying asleep in one very respectable condominium on the floor 17, once I moved to the place I really liked (though a lot less respectable) on only 5th floor, I NEVER HAD BEEN WOKEN UP by anything else than my alarm-clock !!!! Believe it or not !!!! :o

So, what I am saying, NOTHING IS HOW IT APPEARS in Thailand. :D

My first place: huge condo in a quite semi-suburban, fenced location. Outcome: impossible to sleep. Why? Two reasons: 1) constant renovation work could be heard up to 10 floors 2) Thai people coming for weekends screaming and shouting in corridors starting 6:30 am.

My second place: small elite serviced apartments building in one of the busiest streets with motorbikes roaring 24/7. Outcome: I sleep like a dream. Why? 1) Soundproof windows 2) No renovation, units for rent only 3) No Thai tenants in this building, too expensive for them.

As for sitting on a patio during the day – I still do it – little exhaust fumes reach 5 floor and motorbikes are fun to watch. But I hardly have time to do it more than 5 minutes a day. As for the breeze factor, what you say is fair. But it is subjective – I use breeze only in April – June period, now I don't even turn on the fan too often, use aircon only when I have visitors. :D:bah::bah:

· I think someone needs his head checked. “the incredible noise from the boat landing” – WHERE on Earth did you hear it?!? Just stand on the embankment near the spot where they do this “landing” and listen all you want – there is very little sound compared to the endless roar of motorbikes in busy central Pattaya streets. I personally live in a 5-storey building surrounded by 3 VERY BUSY streets. Motorbikes growl all the time, 24/7. I NEVER had a problem of awaking from this. Just use SOUNDPROOF windows, that’s all !! :o

Just take a walk over there and listen. remember the complex will be built upward allowing for even more noise exposure. Maybe noise doesn't bother you as much as me or maybe your're part deaf?

A friend owns an expensive condo in Northshore Condos (Soi 5 Beach). We enjoy taking in the view from his sea view balcony. Sadly, the noise is unbearable from the 16th floor. I wouldn't live there if it were free. Central Pattaya or bust.

I just sold my unit on the 24th floor. The noise was mostly from traffic and motorcycles- luckily no thumping discos nearby. If I closed the patio doors, however, it blocked out almost all noise so it wasn't a problem when sleeping.

Back to the topic at hand, the location of that tower isn't the most desireable apart from the view- that, combined with prices higher than what Southshore will be and an unknown developer with a relatively poor website makes me think it'll be a flop or something worse.

• 3 months later...

JESUS CHRIST, this thread amazes me. Lots of bloggers who don't know anything, just want to puke their bad opinion. Please do that in the beer bar where it is appropriate. In this forum I think you should hold on to facts, spiced up with some personal opinion.

Don't ANYONE understand this project will become a landmark, a Pattaya icon and one of the best investments ever in this area.

It will help Pattaya become an even more high end community together with all the other brand names allready built and soon to become. Be happy this fantastic building is built in our city.

If you need some true and real information about this project, I have it but I will not discuss this matter with a born pessimist and possibly anarcist.

Just learned that Pattaya have been voted #1 Sin City in the world. Project like this will get Pattaya rated much lower in the future and I, for one, desire that progress.

In this forum I think you should hold on to facts, spiced up with some personal opinion.

If you need some true and real information about this project, I have it but I will not discuss this matter with a born pessimist and possibly anarcist.

Fact: extremely noisy from the tractors pulling boats and a foul stench from the exhaust fumes and oil soaked pavement

Opinion: I it is a horrible place to live b/c of the noise pollution

btw, how do you figure one is possible anarchist?

JESUS CHRIST, this thread amazes me. Lots of bloggers who don't know anything, just want to puke their bad opinion. Please do that in the beer bar where it is appropriate. In this forum I think you should hold on to facts, spiced up with some personal opinion.

Don't ANYONE understand this project will become a landmark, a Pattaya icon and one of the best investments ever in this area.

It will help Pattaya become an even more high end community together with all the other brand names allready built and soon to become. Be happy this fantastic building is built in our city.

Just learned that Pattaya have been voted #1 Sin City in the world. Project like this will get Pattaya rated much lower in the future and I, for one, desire that progress.

'Scuse my ignorance, but what is an anarcist?

Cant imagine throwing away 100'S of thousands over the years in dead rent money just to try an avoid noise. If its as bad as you say everywhere then your rental premises will be affected to right? Not like they going to let you sleep in a condo for 3 days before renting. I live smack back in the middle of suhk central and and can only hear my A/C. Why not soundproof? its a very cheap and effective logical option.

Edited by zorro1

... and can only hear my A/C. Why not soundproof? its a very cheap and effective logical option.
Hi,

There is a lot of cheaper option : let de A/C switched-off and open the windows to get fresh air from the local breeze :D

I do not like A/C to sleep but do need a quiet area to be able to open windows... :o

... and can only hear my A/C. Why not soundproof? its a very cheap and effective logical option.
Hi,

There is a lot of cheaper option : let de A/C switched-off and open the windows to get fresh air from the local breeze :D

I do not like A/C to sleep but do need a quiet area to be able to open windows... :o

Ha only Breeze I get here is diesel powered! I don't sleep with air but by bedtime the room is seriously cool so I leave the windows shut and turn on the fan for a reasonably comfortable night.