No Alcohol This Weekend Or Next Bkk

Dudley23

Alcohol is usually banned on the day of elections.

The local elections were on December 9th, and the general election is on 23rd December.

So I expect 23rd Dec to be a 'dry day'.

I can't see any reason why alcohol will be banned on any day other than 23rd December.

Anyone know any better? :o

Elections on the 23th will mean no alcohol will be sold from 18:00 on the 22nd till 24:00 on the 23th.

Practically this means two dry days, although in Pattaya the man in brown tend to be lenient on the election day once it's past 19:00...

My local minimart lady told me she's not selling alcohol on the 13th or 14th (one?both?which?not sure) because of an election.

Well, as I said, out in the sticks the local elections were on 9th.

Maybe in the big city they have them on a different date.

It was reported on Thai TV channel 3 a couple of weeks ago that legislation was passed to halt alcohol sales in the Kingdom from 6:00 PM on the 22nd, the 23rd and the 24th for the election. It makes no sense but that is what they said. I'm sure it will be widely ignored but some places may stick to the letter of the law. The establishments never get the notice from the police until a day or two before Prohibition so you cannot ask them.

In Pattaya as of yesterday the Foodland market has a sign at the entry stating no alcohol will be sold from 18:00 14 Dec. until midnight 16 Dec.

There is also talk of bar closures, but typically official notification will not be delivered until the day before closure dates, if that early.

These closures are said to be because Thais who are not living in their registered "home" voting purposes will be voting a week early and thus this period is subject to the normal ban on alcohol sales.

-redwood

Those of us who have grown up with restrictive alcohol policies know how to stock up.

It isn't that hard, come on, you can do it do.

Yeah, you walk into local mini-mart with a loaded roll of cash,

point it at them and say, "Okay, this is a stock-up!"

I do it every other day... :o

No alcohol, try telling that to my liquor cabinet.

Why not drink beer like a man, not liquor like a woose.

Well stocked beer fridge well, not just for beer; there are more than a few non-many drinks in there as well... unlike at your house probably because I actually have gals over from time to time.

:o

In Pattaya as of yesterday the Foodland market has a sign at the entry stating no alcohol will be sold from 18:00 14 Dec. until midnight 16 Dec.

There is also talk of bar closures, but typically official notification will not be delivered until the day before closure dates, if that early.

i'm feeling suicidal! :o