Bars This Weekend

tom21

John's Place/Cozy Corner - inside and outside - are closed even though they have their own restauraunt to avoid having to close and his brother is an important policeman.

Seems to me that the Government must be pretty serious! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

I imagine the temporary ban also applies to supermarkets, 7-Eleven, etc.

Yep. Was at Tops this afternoon and all the counters had notices posting no sells during that period. They were already removing all the beer and alcohol from the coolers. They were also announcing it on the loud speakers around 3:30.

Reminds me of how I once watched a report about the evils of french fries and what the hot oil does to some molecule in the potatoes making them carcinogenic. By the time I'd watched the 3 minute news report on all the different lovely golden fries coming out of the hot oil, thinking how I wasn't supposed to eat them, I found myself craving them more than ever. I can easily go a few days or even weeks without a drink...but all this talk of the weekend clampdown is making me thirsty.

Reminds me of how I once watched a report about the evils of french fries and what the hot oil does to some molecule in the potatoes making them carcinogenic. By the time I'd watched the 3 minute news report on all the different lovely golden fries coming out of the hot oil, thinking how I wasn't supposed to eat them, I found myself craving them more than ever. I can easily go a few days or even weeks without a drink...but all this talk of the weekend clampdown is making me thirsty.

I just got back from my 90 visa run to Mae Sai and after 14 hours of traveling and freezing A/C temperatures on the VIP bus was really looking forward to a deep fried tubtim and a big beer. 7-11 and other shops all not selling. Panic city. Did hit my local mom and pop store and no problem buying beer. They were doing a bustling business serving up whiskey shots to the locals also.

Many of you will undoubtedly suffer the pains of detox which can be quite serious, even fatal. Seizures happen quite frequently and the DT's can be quite alarming. Best go to a local hospital for tranxene or tranquilizing seizure-preventing alternative. Good luck my drinking friends! This is a very difficult weekend indeed for many, many farang here in Thailand.

Many of you will undoubtedly suffer the pains of detox which can be quite serious, even fatal. Seizures happen quite frequently and the DT's can be quite alarming. Best go to a local hospital for tranxene or tranquilizing seizure-preventing alternative. Good luck my drinking friends! This is a very difficult weekend indeed for many, many farang here in Thailand.

I fear that it might be necessary, to go out into the back-garden, to dig up the emergency-(in case of global thermonuclear war)-supply. :D

On the other hand, my mate who works in Saudi flies in today for Christmas - boy is he ever going to feel at home here ! :o

Almost all of Loh Kroi is dead, the tourists are wandering up and down it like something off Land of the Dead not knowing where to go! :o

Cowboy bar (near Tuskers) is serving liquor on the quiet, the lights are down low but the booze still flows.:D

Cowboys maverick mentality is 'I'm fcking closed so they can fck off about any stupid drinking laws!'

Just before I left a bunch of coppers came in!

There leader glowered at me for a while (I had a glass of Sangsom with coke in it) probaby wondering if it was liquor or not. Then he ordered a bottle of 100 pipers for him and his buddies :D

Edited by JimsKnight

Are the bars closed in Chiang Mai this weekend or is it just a Bangkok thing

:D:o

This weekend (22-23) should be not as bad in some ways. Friday will be okay cos election is Sunday. I imagine that Saturday night will be no go, but Sunday evening, once the polls are over should be okay. Officially it is until midnight Sunday, but generally 6pm Sunday is okay, especially for restaurants. However, this year is a bit different so Sunday night may be enforced in the more high-profile areas. Back-soi and out of the way places will probably be selling Sunday evening. High profile Thai restaurants & bars will probably be closed Saturday and Sunday.