Restaurant Recommendations

sweetchariot

Issan food - Soh Larb Pbet

Try the bull's penis soup.....

Why am i not surprised that Wilko would choose a dish like that.

I keep seeing your input on many topics. Most of it seems to come from the same end of the bull as your favorite meal. Why do you spend so much time whining and criticizing? Hardly anybody really gives a @@@@ what you think. Maybe you should try to add some quality input instead of complaining.

If you read what I have said about many Pattaya restaurant, you will see that I am trying inform people as to what they might expect and perhaps make a different choice. Maybe that's too complicated for your comprehension. Maybe you could even add something useful to this topic. Well, maybe not.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some personal and flaming comments have been deleted.

We are talking about restaurants here. If you have any personal issues please keep them to yourselves.

It is the season of friendship and goodwill but suspensions will be made if the forum rules are broken.

Now back on topic.... restaurant recommendations.

additional thoughts on places in Pattaya

La Cuisine au Beaurre (near side entrance to Tukom IT) large portion specials, not expensive, includes a dessert. Average tasting food but some items can be pretty good. It is OK for the low priced place. Popular with many local farang.

Surf Kitchen (Jomtien Beach Road) wide variety of Thai and Farang food. The Thai seafood served in a coconut is tasty. Some dishes are pretty good while others are average. Not expensive and ok place. A place for less adventureous farang to try some Thai style dishes without getting them too spicy or hot. Located across the road from the beach. Be sure to order your level of spiciness. Popular with tourist and locals.

MK The roast duck is really good and perhaps worth the trip. Suki is boring for me, but popular with many people. I would rather have a nice soup prepared in the kitchen. Lots of different items are available to drop in your suki. Not to expensive and popular.

Flamingo Hotel - main restaurant on the right of the entrance. No point in going there. Luxor is across the street and is better.

Vientienne on Pattaya South Road near Sukhumvit. Food is ok but not always very authentic for the various Asian styles. Rather expensive and nothing exceptional. Why pay Beach Road and Walking Street prices and to a location in the middle of nowhere

Surf kitchen is also a nice place indeed! The goulash soup there is great.

The problem is, is that there menu is so big i cant make a choice.

I know Wilko will get angry at me know but i really don't care.

Try Mantra!! Beautiful tasting/looking dishes.

I think this is my absolute favorite in Pattaya together with the restaurant in Royal cliff.

Surf kitchen is also a nice place indeed! The goulash soup there is great.

The problem is, is that there menu is so big i cant make a choice.

I know Wilko will get angry at me know but i really don't care.

Try Mantra!! Beautiful tasting/looking dishes.

I think this is my absolute favorite in Pattaya together with the restaurant in Royal cliff.

Where is Mantra? It's been mentioned before but I don't know where it is.

Issan food - Soh Larb Pbet

Try the bull's penis soup.....

Why am i not surprised that Wilko would choose a dish like that.

I keep seeing your input on many topics. Most of it seems to come from the same end of the bull as your favorite meal. Why do you spend so much time whining and criticizing? Hardly anybody really gives a @@@@ what you think. Maybe you should try to add some quality input instead of complaining.

If you read what I have said about many Pattaya restaurant, you will see that I am trying inform people as to what they might expect and perhaps make a different choice. Maybe that's too complicated for your comprehension. Maybe you could even add something useful to this topic. Well, maybe not.

Unfortunately your opinions are so badly thought through they're worthless.....If you don't like being critised ...I'm sorry....for you....but if you gave the impression of even a little knowledge about what you're talking about I'd have some respect for your opinion but your subject matter gives you away.....but really I shouldn't be wasting my time evn bothering to reply.......only a fool talks to a fool...

Indeed Aguy30.. How dare you talk to the dictator of this Forum like this!!

Shame on you!!! :o

Yesterday Mantra again with 10 people to celebrate a birthday.

Once again.. Great food, great service and tasted some good wines.

Some recommendations:

- Satay (mix from beef, pork, chicken)

- Beef salad

- Chicken teriyaki Salad

- Sashimi

- All the soups.

- Oven roasted duck!!!!!!!

- Calzone(enough for the whole family)

-Chicken tikka Massala. With all the naans.

the nice thing here is that they have 4-5 diffrent styles of international kitchens.

So something for everyone.

-

I have no problem being critised. I do have have a problem with your domineering attitude and useless comments. Please inform us to who put you in charge.

I can assure you that I am one of the people that does not give a @@@@ what you think or have to say. You spewing of fecal matter is a waste of everyone's time. I thought you were properly chastised by the super moderator and told to change your ways. Now go back to the corner and stand there under you are given permission to leave.

Wilko, you keep making references to fools and fooling a fool. I am sure we can learn from you. Please feel free to inform us of your more mentionable experiences in being fooled. This is your chance to provide something useful to Thai Visa Forums.

Edited by aguy30

Just another drama queen looking for the next performance opportunity. Hardly anybody really gives a @@@@ what you think. I certainly do not.

What don't you understand about that?

Relax, it will keep the mascara from running! Back in the corner.

I think I will do something more exciting than exchanging comments with you, like ahhh, take a nap. Yawn!

Edited by aguy30

Christmas eve tidings of great joy and good will toward men seems to ring a bell to me. However not in this topic apparently....so after previous warnings to cool it doesn`t seem to have stopped the flaming then it looks like I am going to have to take further action.

One member has gone on holiday....so please continue with your restaurant recommendations as this thread is providing some very useful information.

Thanks.

Had the pork nachos (115 baht) and a beef burrito (145 baht) at Bob's Texas BBQ. They were tex-mex style and that's ok. Nachos were pretty good, especially for Pattaya. Burrito was better than Mike's Mexican. Portion size was good. No unusual fillers were used, like cabbage or carrots. The down side was they were too salty.

Edited by aguy30

I went to Mulligans last week.

We were planning to eat there with 7 people.

The staff wasnt friendly at all. No hello, no goodbye nothing.

Had to wait about 15 minutes before they came to ask if we wanted a drink.

While we were the only ones there.

Half of the drinks we orderd were wrong.

We said about 4 times we wanted to eat as well but somehow they didnt seem happy about it so they never brought the menu.

The English manager said it was new staff so they needed to be trained.

But how can a manager train it's staff when he only has eye for the Manchester game on tv.

Nice kick-off!!

One place i can recommend is Flannigans in Jomtiem plaza!

Great food!

Manneke Pis on Siam country road also serves some really good food.

Nice guy Phillip and a real chef too!

I don't know why I am defending Mulligan's as I have never eaten there, but own brief experiences are that the service was OK, and there were people eating at the bar who didn't seem to have any problems in ordering.

The food looked nice. :o

Your experience sounds bad, and there is no real excuse. However, they have just opened, and clearly haven't got their act together yet.

I will give them a chance to get up to speed before I write them off.

As already posted, I agree whole heartedly about Manneke Pis, and Phillip and Jun are excellent hosts. (They know the right way to run a pub /restaurant - always be there to control the staff and keep the customers happy)

Looks like I have to eat a lot of my words.

I went out with a party of around 10 to Manneke Pis for a few drinks and some food.

"Sorry - no food tonight, because we're doing our Christmas Eve special and you have to book in advance".

I will add that the group I was with are very regular patrons of this place and between us, we must contribute considerably to their daily take.

So off to Mulligans, who I defended stoutly earlier in this thread.

They were having a bit of a party there - even had live music. Well it is Christmas Eve. We ordered our drinks and asked for some menus. The menus arrived, and we were about to order when the owner came over and said: "Sorry, folk, no food tonight, we're too busy organising the Christmas lunch tomorrow!"

Well I don't know about you, but where I come from, no one turns down business on Christmas Eve because they are too busy organising the next day's lunch.

I think those two establishments pissed off a number of very good, regular, local customers tonight.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? :D

Yeah i knew about the dinner at Manneke pis.

He made an special christmas menu with a lot of expensive imported products, so you needed to make an reservation in advance.

Must admt the christmas menu looked very good.

I went to Flannigans this evening.. had good food. Nothing special but no complaints at all.

• 2 years later...
L'olivier's quality will disappoint most food lovers, unless a large quantity of the over-salted "soup" and salad buffet is your thing.

This is two years ago and a lot can have happened in the meantime. This weeks Pattaya Today has a very good review of it. Is it just the usual newspaper rah rah or has it indeed improved?

Anyone been there recently?