Pattaya To Bangkok Roundtrip

PattayaDavid

I don't travel to Bangkok very much these days, but I know that there are those who make this trip frequently.  I generally take Sukcumvit north to highway 36 then eastward over to the expressway.  A friend of mine told me last night that he drives nort

h on highway 3 to the Chonburi bypass then exits to join

highway 7 expressway avoiding the major construction.  He couldn't remember exactly which exits he used to avoid the highway 7 construction either going to or coming from Bangkok.  I would like to hear your recommendations as to the most efficient or best way to transit, under the present road construction effort, to and from Bangkok from Pattaya.

Thanks,

PattayaDave

I don't travel to Bangkok very much these days, but I know that there are those who make this trip frequently.  I generally take Sukcumvit north to highway 36 then eastward over to the expressway.  A friend of mine told me last night that he drives nort

h on highway 3 to the Chonburi bypass then exits to join

highway 7 expressway avoiding the major construction.  He couldn't remember exactly which exits he used to avoid the highway 7 construction either going to or coming from Bangkok.  I would like to hear your recommendations as to the most efficient or best way to transit, under the present road construction effort, to and from Bangkok from Pattaya.

Thanks,

PattayaDave

I do the same as above. Highway 3 to Chonburi then bomb down 7 . :o

exit in banbueng (in sukhumvit road, turn right at the traffic light if you are coming from pattaya) and go directly to the motorway but it has to be at night when traffic in chonburi is less.

I have a hospital appointment in Bangkok next Thursday and will have to leave Pattaya between 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM to make my appointment.  I should finish up around mid afternoon.  I guess I will probably take my usual routing going to Bangkok, but I may try the banbueng exit coming back.  How is this exit marked when driving south out of Bangkok?  Does it have a road number?

Thanks

One of the new flyovers has now been opened and some parts of the additional lanes on the way to Bangkok making the journey less tiresome.

On the way back there's no diversion and u-turn at Ping Thong any more.

It's less hassle than going along the 3 with all the traffic lights and the congestion at Sri Racha and that market before Bang Saen.

One of the new flyovers has now been opened and some parts of the additional lanes on the way to Bangkok making the journey less tiresome.

On the way back there's no diversion and u-turn at Ping Thong any more.

It's less hassle than going along the 3 with all the traffic lights and the congestion at Sri Racha and that market before Bang Saen.

Thanks, I believe I will go ahead and take Motorway 7.  I'm glad to see that there has been some improvement since I last travelled this road back in August or early September.  A friend of mine left Pattaya for Bangkok this past Friday driving up Highway 3 then taking Highway 315 over to the motorway.  He said that he saved 20 to 30 minutes over taking the motorway.  I'm not sure what time he left Pattaya; maybe early morning or at night would carry lighter traffic and save some time.  Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and take the motorway, thanks for your input.

PattayaDavid