Dual Sim Phone

monty

I recall several people interested in phones capable of running 2 sim cards simultaniously.

Most models were from slightly dubious Chinese manufacture, but now the reputable SAmsung brand has a dual sim model as well!

http://www.unwiredview.com/2007/10/02/sams...sim-card-phone/

Not sure about the price, but available in Thailand as I saw it advertised in the Bangkok Post today!

I recall several people interested in phones capable of running 2 sim cards simultaniously.

Most models were from slightly dubious Chinese manufacture, but now the reputable SAmsung brand has a dual sim model as well!

Not sure about the price, but available in Thailand as I saw it advertised in the Bangkok Post today!

I checked the link, this is expensive ($700 quoted) I have 2 phones with 1 diverted to my primary number, simple!

I checked the link, this is expensive ($700 quoted) I have 2 phones with 1 diverted to my primary number, simple!

Works only for incoming calls though, you can't make a call using the other number! Also you can't use the sms function unless you have the other phone with you!

700$ would indeed be expensive, but pricing in Thailand might be better...

I remember that were in the past some Nokia Phones with 2 Simcard holders in a special case. That was at MBK and they may still have them!

Monty:

question: the coporate account you use in Pattaya, could you please send me the details by PM or e-mail? Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Works only for incoming calls though, you can't make a call using the other number! Also you can't use the sms function unless you have the other phone with you!

700$ would indeed be expensive, but pricing in Thailand might be better...

Easy if you get a duo sim adapter.. Then you have both sims in the phone and can switch from one to the other either through the menus (with some phones) or by turning it off and then on again.

So you have inbound easily and outbound manually.. Quite handy.

What about the solution from www.dual-sim.eu? 14.50 Euros sounds like a much better deal.

Good if you don't need both numbers to be online simultaneously...

The Samsung is actually two phones in one housing, with one screen and one keyboard, so sms's to each number appear instantaneously and some other advantages.

Since it's not cheap, it's really a device for people really needing it, as posted above, there are much cheaper solutions available, although with restrictions...

But if you set up full redirects doesnt that all happen anyway with a duo-sim ??

I used to have a duo-sim so that I kept normal numbers in one phone.. Girls numbers stored on the secondary sim (with a pin lock) as number 2..

That way girls got the secondary outgoing number and not my primary number.. I could choose to receive female callers simply by clicking the divert setup and immediately send them to voicemail / cutoff if I was with one of them and didnt appreciate being called.. Mates and family got my always on number..

You do have to be mindful of switching over to make an outbound call to (in this case girls) who you didnt want to expose the general purpose number to, but then the same will apply with any 2 sim system you will have to careful in selecting your outbound line if your trying to keep your contacts separated. Most modern phones can do the switch in the phone menus.

I struggle to see what real advantage these expensive and not so feature rich phones have.. You can use a duosim for example in any fashion phone, walkman phone, cybershot phone, etc etc.

I struggle to see what real advantage these expensive and not so feature rich phones have.. You can use a duosim for example in any fashion phone, walkman phone, cybershot phone, etc etc.

You obviously don't use international roaming, do you? Your offline divert doesn't work so well in that environment. Also, how do you receive SMS's on the second SIM with an offline solution? Lot's of reasons for 2 active SIMs really.

You obviously don't need it for yourself. No problem. I wouldn't waste the money in that case either. I however, can think of dozens of applications for myself. Anyone actually use this phone? I'd love to hear a real user experience.

Years ago I had 2 lines on the one phone from orange. 2 numbers, one SIM. It was way ahead of its time but the throw away pay as you go mob (I am now one here !) have sucked all the capacity out of the network so I can see why it is not readily marketed.

Cheers for that link Monty. A bit pricy for me as I just use phone and SMS but I do need a new one and if this is the shape of things to come, the price will surely come down.

I have been very happy with my dubious Chinese manufactured phone... 4200 baht from Myanmar... when I did my visa run... duel sims in and out and can call from either... comes with a stylus like a pda but really not that much pda functionality. Touch screen, MP4, MP3, with a large screen for movie playback, mini sd slot with 256 card upgradeable to whatever.. I have 2 gig in there now... .duel cameras front and back.. great phone... they had the same model that someone had screened nokia n95 on to it.... but I am not trying to impress anyone .....but it does look a lot like it with a bigger screen.

Edited by swain