Superstition or pulling my leg?

Nat

Hi all

Curious if any of you have heard the following superstition or belief. I was walking in thailand one day and encounterd a snake. It sat up, stuck it's tongue out at me and expanded it's head - as you can imagine I was petrified! Nothing serious happened to me, I just screamed and ran away (like a typical girl  :o ). Anyway told my boyfriend's friend my encounter and he gave me a mischievous smile and said that in thailand it is good luck if a snake smiles at you. Personally I didn't see the good luck in it, but he explained that it meant that you'll recieve a kiss or have 'someone in your bed'. I found it very amusing and it did come true for me. I can't say that I believe him and was very sus that he was just pulling my leg, but think it's a cute superstition if it is true - anyone else heard of it or something similar?

Nat

Well... according to Thai superstition, if you see a snake in your dream, it means that you will soon meet your soulmate/boyfriend/future husband etc etc.

Your friend probably adapt the belief to suit the story a bit.   ::o:   Not far off though!!   B)

Do let us know if there's any truth in this at all!  hehehehe   B)   :D

Don't be a silly fool. When a snake expanded its head..... it is getting ready to defend.... and to strike/bite you. Luckily you ran away....in harms way. If it is a king cobra...it will challenge you.... you have to back off, so to speak. Unless you are a professional snake catcher.... then it is a different story. Sorry to say that your story gave me and my friends a very good laugh. By the way, if I may ask... how old are you and where are you from? Just curious.

Regards,

charlie :o

Hey all

Lets just say I encountered the one eyed monster that night B)   :D

Thetyim - does your snake bite?   ::o:   B)

Charlie, don't you know it's rude to ask a lady her age? However, after all I've revealed I can't be much of a lady! I'm 26 and currently live in oz and have an eastern european background.

Nat

I once had a dream about an elephant that put it's bum through my window & took a big poo & then in the same dream a woman turned into a goat, also a crocodile or aligator, i'm not sure which, came into my bedroom & looked at me for about 5 minutes before turning & walking away (yes, all the same dream & no I hadn't been drinking or taking any drugs). when I told my thai freinds they all freaked out, claiming that my house(i had only been living there for a couple of weeks) must be haunted but lucky ghosts (or something along those lines). Apparently, elephants are good luck in dreams & although my freinds couldn't give me an exact explaination, the goat & reptile are good signs too!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone care to decifer that one?

:o  :D

My dear Boo, don't let your colourful dreams bother you.

We all have dreams one way or another, its part of human nature. Sometimes we have problems.... thinking too much, worrying too much, and so on and on.

To your second question.... is it haunted? Not likely, because if is so, it will really haunt you when you are awake and not in your dreams. You will feel it when you are awake. My advice is don't worry too much. If the same dream keeps on coming all the time..... then see a doctor.

Keep smiling and have a good day.

Regards,

charlie :o

Boo,

To dream of goats wandering around a farm, is significant of seasonable weather and a fine yield of crops. To see them otherwise, denotes cautious dealings and a steady increase of wealth. If a billy goat butts you, beware that enemies do not get possession of your secrets or business plans. For a woman to dream of riding a billy goat, denotes that she will be held in disrepute because of her coarse and ill-bred conduct. If a woman dreams that she drinks goat's milk, she will marry for money and will not be disappointed.

Alligator...

To dream of an alligator, unless you kill it, is unfavorable to all persons connected with the dream. It is a dream of caution.

Elephant...

To dream of riding an elephant, denotes that you will possess wealth of the most solid character, and honors which you will wear with dignity. You will rule absolutely in all lines of your business affairs, and your word will be law in the home. To see many elephants, denotes tremendous prosperity. One lone elephant, signifies that you will live in a small but solid way. To dream of feeding one, denotes that you will elevate yourself 'in your community by your kindness to those occupying places below you.

I didn't write this stuff, I just copied it for you, however I do have a prophecy to make.

The sale of goats milk is about to rocket in Thailand

Hi Thetyim, That is a really interesting analysis, can you tell me where you got the information from pls? I think my b/f & some thai friends would be really interested in the source.

Charlie, I don't actually beleive in dream psycology or am a superstitious person,  although, living in Thailand, I have become slightly more tolerant of the superstition & folklaw that surround our daily lives there. My house is a 65+ year old wooden, chinese thai house that has a shrine set up with photgraphs of the original builders & owners, who lived, raised children & died in my house, (hence the belief of haunting) on chinese new year the grandaughter of these people comes & makes offerings to them & when we moved in she made a big show of telling them that we would live there now & to make our lives happy & prosperous, my b/f was very solomn & respectful during this procedure while i looked on slightly dumbfounded but respectful to her wishes. I don't actually dream very much but when I do they are usually very entertaining :laugh: sometimes scary :o  & usually forgotten, I tell the more interesting ones to a female thai friend of mine who likes to try to decifer them & tell me what the future holds, if i should take care or if it is a good time to do the lottery!!! :D

Choke Dee