How To Change From Non-imm 'o' (retirement) To 'b'

I've been in Thailand 4 years now on a retirement visa (so easy and convenient). However, now I'm involved in starting a business with a Thai partner. I need to change my visa to 'B' and apply for a work permit (with the assorted foo-fa that goes with that).

Does anyone have experience with this procedure? Some of my Thai advisors have told me I can do it in Bangkok, but I've understood it's done at a Thai Embassy outside the country. Also, I'm not quite clear whether I have to have the registration docs and letter from my company (still coming into existence) bein order to make the change.

Greatly appreciate anyone's experiences or concrete knowledge about this. Cheers!

Edited by garyinthailand

Believe you are on one year extension of stay and you want to change the reason for your extension of stay. Believe you can probably do that with a visit to immigration with the paperwork for the new extension of stay but it does not seem you have such paperwork. Don't believe you can do anything, anywhere until you get some paperwork in order, but don't know the specifics.

Believe you are on one year extension of stay and you want to change the reason for your extension of stay. Believe you can probably do that with a visit to immigration with the paperwork for the new extension of stay but it does not seem you have such paperwork. Don't believe you can do anything, anywhere until you get some paperwork in order, but don't know the specifics.

Thanks, L3. I guess the paperwork would be the company's papers and invitation letter. Am I wrong?

Believe a work permit application receipt is generally required at local Consulates these days - along with the company information. I would use the services of Sunbelt or other experienced legal firm if company is not familiar with exact requirements or other poster can not provide them.