Any Surfer, Music & Beer Types Out There?!

SurferBob

Hi all,

I've been in Phuket 9 months now and it's been a real ride so far - lots of ups and a few downs. Happily I can say it's all good right now, but I'd sure like to make a few more decent friends on the island.

I like to surf (when it's not flat!), am a DJ & dabbler in dance music production and love to drink beer on occasion!! :D

Will be going back to the UK for the New Year and return to Phuket end of January for another year or more.. anyone who would like to meet a fellow surfer, music lover or beer drinker give me a shout.

Have fun... and be safe! :o

Cheers...

//SurferBob

For dance music finally Phuket is starting to get some real DJ's and music.. Suggest club lime as the no 1 venue with fridays BYD lofts and Seduction (on special nights only) also worth checking out.. Dont know 100% but was also told Soundwave Sundays have started back up on Leam Sing beach for the Sunday afternoon / evening beach sessions now its high season but not been down to check it out yet. Of course its a short hop from here to Kho Phan Gan for a full moon (or dark moon even better often) party if you need a choonage fix.. Samui has a bit better music scene than here also.

As for Surfers.. Theres a small surf scene (much like the waves) my bro surfs whenever he can and I have been known to prat around on the body board.. Kata probably best, small break on Karon, Surin sometimes but gets closed out flat on the beach IMO, and I am told north edge of Bang tao can be worth checking out.. You really need to keep your eye on Magic Seaweed (website) for swell opportunities and be happy to make the most of a limited selection.. Could look at kite surfing for the off season as we have much better conditions for that.. Not really found anything much of a 'surf scene' for apres wave frosties but bars a plenty.

If your just looking to meet people, loads of places, happy to blow the froth off a couple when your back here.

Laem Sing is kicking on Sundays and Club Lime is vibing almost every night. Depending on what you DJ (to the original poster), you might be able to come and play with us at Lime. Seduction is OK and they are bringing tons of DJs -- some good, some so-so. Judge Jules next month and rumors of a BIG trance DJ to follow. Lime has Inland Knights end of the month and Gene Farris here some time soon. Big UK drum 'n' bass DJ should be passing through soon as well.

I'm not too fussed about BYD. White Box is open now I think and Indochine will be worth a look in the future apparently. To be honest, I spend most of my nights at Lime 'cos I like the people, the promoter, the DJs, etc.

I'd forget about Samui because all the promoters and DJs are starting to see Phuket as the place to be. Nakadia should be back some time in the New Year as well. We're playing drum 'n' bass Wednesday night at Lime if anyone is interested.

Don't forget Culture One in Bangkok on Jan 19 (dance-music festival).

For dance music finally Phuket is starting to get some real DJ's and music.. Suggest club lime as the no 1 venue with fridays BYD lofts and Seduction (on special nights only) also worth checking out.. Dont know 100% but was also told Soundwave Sundays have started back up on Leam Sing beach for the Sunday afternoon / evening beach sessions now its high season but not been down to check it out yet. Of course its a short hop from here to Kho Phan Gan for a full moon (or dark moon even better often) party if you need a choonage fix.. Samui has a bit better music scene than here also.

Thanks for the replies all... and the info, LivinLOS & vanalli, it's appreciated!

Good news that the dance music scene is starting to pick up here.. I'll definately check out Club Lime on my return, it's sounds pretty decent. I've been DJíng for quite a while now (on and off) - started in Hard House & Techno back in the 90's .. moved through to purer Techno & Trance sounds... stayed there for a few years and then started getting into Drum & Bass and Breaks from around 2001. I'm now buying mostly Breaks and some Drum & Bass on occasion. I'll basically listen to anything I think is good regardless of genre.

I'll check it all out in January when I return. Will hopefully meet up with you down at Club Lime sometime!

Have a good New Year, cheers!

//SurferBob