24th Of Dec. A Public Holiday?

The 24th is a government holiday. Govt universities, schools (some private also), etc., will be closed for business. This new holiday was proclaimed by the Cabinet several weeks ago. Other holidays are 12/30 12/31 1/1 and 1/2 (choy chuk, or in lieu of).

Correct. December 24th is a National Public Holiday. Declared by the government a while back. This is to allow Thais time to return to their places of work if they have travelled far to the home province to vote.

Why some posters such as TEFLMike and Ignis make statements that are clearly incorrect is beyond me.

Correct. December 24th is a National Public Holiday. Declared by the government a while back. This is to allow Thais time to return to their places of work if they have travelled far to the home province to vote.

Yep, our university (CMU) certainly is closed (government university).

Yep, our university (CMU) certainly is closed (government university).

It is actually an "optional" holiday business is encouraged to to give the holiday to employees but not forced as the Department of Labor did not issue any written notice to private business.....means all government and government affliate offices will be closed and most office buildings

The 24th is a government holiday. Govt universities, schools (some private also), etc., will be closed for business. This new holiday was proclaimed by the Cabinet several weeks ago. Other holidays are 12/30 12/31 1/1 and 1/2 (choy chuk, or in lieu of).

@ least somebody knows what their talking about. :o

Why some posters such as TEFLMike and Ignis make statements that are clearly incorrect is beyond me.

I was ansewring the question as to what was occuring in my school as regards holidays. Obviously now, I learn that some schools are closed.