Question : Mae Sai 30 Day Stamp Visa Run

I have been in thailand so far on a 2 entry Tourist Visa obtained from New York which is expiring in Jan. I got my last 60 day Tourist visa entry stamp at Mae Sai. The immigration authorities at Mae Sai also stamped a "WALK" and "TR-60" on the 60 day date stamp.

I have choosen to extend my stay for a month by doing a run at Mae Sai again but this time to get my first 30 day stamp since I have used up my 2 entry Tourist Visa. I prefer to do the visa run instead of getting the 1900 bt one month extention at the immigration office.

I have the necessary cash in bath (20K) and a printed website itenary of my onward travel airline ticket.

I am a bit apprehensive since this is my first 30 day stamp visa run after 2 consequetive Tourist visas. Could there be problems? Would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

You are only allowed to stay in Thailand 90 days in a six month period using those 30 day stamps. If you had used the extensions they would not have been counted against that total.

You should not have any problem as you seem to meet the conditions of entry and have not used your 90 days (or any it would seem).

You are only allowed to stay in Thailand 90 days in a six month period using those 30 day stamps. If you had used the extensions they would not have been counted against that total.

You should not have any problem as you seem to meet the conditions of entry and have not used your 90 days (or any it would seem).

Thanks for your response.

Dont worry about it Sam. You shouldn't have any problems at Maesai, been there loads of times before. Never been asked to show either the 10/20K cash or an onward ticket but it seems you have both anyway.

Enjoy yourself shopping at the markets there, on both sides of the border.

Dont worry about it Sam. You shouldn't have any problems at Maesai, been there loads of times before. Never been asked to show either the 10/20K cash or an onward ticket but it seems you have both anyway.

Enjoy yourself shopping at the markets there, on both sides of the border.

Thanks Waveydavey

• 2 weeks later...