Who Will Be The Next Thai Prime Minister?

Jingthing

Who will be the next Thai Prime Minister?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sad to say, Samak. I hope to be proved wrong.

He will probably need to hand out some juicy posts to whoever he allies with, but the big job? I really can't see him going quietly. Anyway, the official vote is not in yet, maybe easier if it was

I think it will probably be Samak, though it's too early to say for sure. Earlier today reports were saying PPP had 228 seats, now they're saying 232. A small number, but could make a huge difference when it comes to the PPP building their coalition. It will also depend on whether some candidates get disqualified. If the PPP requires one of the large minority parties such as Chart Thai to form a government, Banharn could end up PM. Abhisit is a long shot, but I suppose miracles are possible.

I voted Samak but I wouldn't call Abhisit making it a miracle. I just don't know what Abhisit can really offer the minority parties that would trump what Samak can.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by Jingthing

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The dollar is not the most significant thing in the world. Think THB even if it does not flow off the keyboard so easily.

He may offer some baht, but in the wider world, he is beaten, my guess, sadly

Jingers, note the following: You don't NEED to offer people '$$$' if you allow them in government; folk like Banharn are more than capable of gaining their own '$$$$$$$$$$' once in government, remember when he was PM? :o

So essentially what the Democrats or PPP are offering Banharn and Suwit is the same: A place at the trough.

I'm surprised so many people think Samak will be PM; the noises that everyone is making is JUST negotiation BS.. They all do it:

Banharn: "Well we could go either way" Read: "I'm sitting pretty and watch the deal get sweeter and sweeter.... hmmm... oh.. crap, I drooled all over myself again.. NURSE!!!"

Samak : "We have found enough parties to form a coalition" Read: "Actually we haven't but if I SAY I have then all the smaller parties will fall over themselves like piglets to the trough to join, and once they do then I WILL actually have enough piglets... oooh lovely piglets, I just love being the mother-Sow, here, Suwit, take a nipple and there's more where that came from!"

Abhisit : "The PPP can go ahead forming a coalition but if that doesn't happen then we're ready" Read: "Uncle Prem, uncle Prem, please make all the other kids play with meeeeeeeeee".

See? :D

Edited by Farangderthal

Jingers, note the following: You don't NEED to offer people '$$$' if you allow them in government; folk like Banharn are more than capable of gaining their own '$$$$$$$$$$' once in government, remember when he was PM? :o

So essentially what the Democrats or PPP are offering Banharn and Suwit is the same: A place at the trough.

I'm surprised so many people think Samak will be PM; the noises that everyone is making is JUST negotiation BS.. They all do it:

Banharn: "Well we could go either way" Read: "I'm sitting pretty and watch the deal get sweeter and sweeter.... hmmm... oh.. crap, I drooled all over myself again.. NURSE!!!"

Samak : "We have found enough parties to form a coalition" Read: "Actually we haven't but if I SAY I have then all the smaller parties will fall over themselves like piglets to the trough to join, and once they do then I WILL actually have enough piglets... oooh lovely piglets, I just love being the mother-Sow, here, Suwit, take a nipple and there's more where that came from!"

Abhisit : "The PPP can go ahead forming a coalition but if that doesn't happen then we're ready" Read: "Uncle Prem, uncle Prem, please make all the other kids play with meeeeeeeeee".

See? :D

And that, Jingthing is probably the most accurate analysis so far.

Samak until 14th February, when his hero returns, and after that what are the odds that Thaksin won't assume that he slides back into his old seat again, with PPP approval ? Then watch for the street-protests to begin - and the military to feel they need to step in again.

It is interesting that some PAD-leaders say to give the PPP a chance, since they were the largest single minority-party, and see what happens. We will be living in interesting times. :o

Well, if anything PPP will have learned not to call elections to get a fresh mandate in response to a couple thousand Bangkok yuppies shouting in a park. They don't have to cater to Bangkok yuppies, let them shout all they want, it's called freedom of speech. No need to call elections unless forced in *parliament* .

I bet they've learned that now.

I gave the 'Eel on Skates' a 60% chance of becoming PM even before the General Election got under way.

A super crafty move of his is to join the Peua Paendin.

He gets a meeting with the almighty Gen. Prem on the night of the election.

I still give the 'Eel' the best chance of becoming the next PM.

Banharn Silpa-archa.

The idea of Banharn has been floated around for some months but I can't see Samak or PPP allowing it; how can they explain to the Issan people they've given the top job to a vertically challenged slippery eel from another party and area that received far less seats and votes?

Samak wants the job and perhaps Thaksin will allow it for a while to show his gratitude, but I expect we'll be seeing far more of Surapong, the acceptable face of PPP, on the media.

It will be interesting to see what the small parties will demand from PPP in exchange for joining forces. If, as predicted, they have joined hands to increase bargaining power, they will be in a strong position, but they've all stabbed each other in the back so many times in the past that trust must be minimal.

It was good to see The Democrats do so well on the proportional vote. As Kraisak said, to penetrate Issan they need local figures and Suthep's refusal to even canvass there is foolish in my view. Or is it that some senior southern figures in the Democrats are afraid of a dilution of power?

Samak=puppet of Thaksin.

At least he's totally honest about being a proxy puppet.

He even stated it in a press conference.

Abhisit=puppet of military.

He won't own up to his military alliance, yet was recently seen at Army headquarters thanking his constituents for their votes.

(Photo in Bangkok Post today, Dec. 25, 2007)

The majority of the Thai people made their choice and it seems Thaksin is winning the chess match........so far.

Samak=puppet of Thaksin.

At least he's totally honest about being a proxy puppet.

He even stated it in a press conference.

Abhisit=puppet of military.

He won't own up to his military alliance, yet was recently seen at Army headquarters thanking his constituents for their votes.

(Photo in Bangkok Post today, Dec. 25, 2007)

The majority of the Thai people made their choice and it seems Thaksin is winning the chess match........so far.

It's interesting that you have pointed that out, as I noticed that in the paper today. It only goes to reinforce my belief that Abhisit got in bed with the wrong guys at the start, and not all of the electorate is as daft as people think. I had a long conversation with a Thai friend the other evening, who would certainly not be classed demographically as a typical PPP voter, however, their very reasoned argument was that they could not bring themselves to vote for a party that supported a military coup.

I think Samak will be PM, but the slippery "walking ATM" Sipla-Archa, will manovoure himself into a strong position where he can get his snout in the money trough once again.

Outside bet, Sipla - Archa, but only if Samak has a complete melt down. Long term, Toxin will be back.

Outside bet, Sipla - Archa, but only if Samak has a complete melt down. Long term, Toxin will be back.

Here lies Thaksin's absolute brilliance. Even if either of these men, Slippery-ArchEel or Samak get to sit in the chair, both of them are so universally unpopular in Thailand that he will have it easy resettling himself when the time comes. Abhisit was a tool who got tooled.

Abhisit was a tool who got tooled.

Who may still be PM.

In fact, if there enough red cards issued, doesn't that mean there will need to be a totally new election?

Not sure, just asking.

What is this, a football match? :o Anyway, it's irrelevant because the same party would win again under a different name: first it was TRT, then PPP; how about TIT? Get the point?

Edited by mbkudu

What is this, a football match? Anyway, it's irrelevant because the same party would win again under a different name: first it was TRT, then PPP; how about TIT? Get the point?

I don't think you get it. I wasn't talking about PPP being disbanded as a party. If enough of the seats are red carded, there won't be enough to elect anybody PM, from how I understand it, which is why I am asking someone who actually knows something about it ...

Edited by Jingthing

<br />Hi there. We represent the TIT party. We advocate free nipple sucking sessions at NEP. We have them available in all shapes, sizes and shades. We, however, don't advocate plastic, only natural will do for our party policies.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I would only vote for the BIG TIT Party!!

What is this, a football match? Anyway, it's irrelevant because the same party would win again under a different name: first it was TRT, then PPP; how about TIT? Get the point?

I don't think you get it. I wasn't talking about PPP being disbanded as a party. If enough of the seats are red carded, there won't be enough to elect anybody PM, from how I understand it, which is why I am asking someone who actually knows something about it ...

No, I do get it. Even if it was all called a wash and they started again 'Thaksin' would win; in whatever guise you would like to see him in. I apologize if I appeared arrogant, but that's the way I see it.

<br />Hi there. We represent the TIT party. We advocate free nipple sucking sessions at NEP. We have them available in all shapes, sizes and shades. We, however, don't advocate plastic, only natural will do for our party policies.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I would only vote for the BIG TIT Party!!

The Itty Bitty Titty Committy would have my vote.

I say Samak followed by a coup 6 to 18 months later.

This, incidentally, is what I think will happen, not what I would like to happen. Abhisit, was born in the UK, educated at Eton and Oxford, has a nice tidy hair style, wears nicely cut clothes and speaks impeccable English. Gentlemen I think the contest is over.

Abhisit, was born in the UK, educated at Eton and Oxford, has a nice tidy hair style, wears nicely cut clothes and speaks impeccable English. Gentlemen I think the contest is over.

Abhisit is alot more like he who cannot be mentioned in personal traits than Samak, so I don't take your point.

Edited by Jingthing