Omani Airlines Known By Someone?

asanee

Since very shortly there seems to be yet another gulf airline offering cheap flights BKK-(in this case via Muscat/Oman)-onto to LGW=London. 3 or 4 days /week, daytime flight, transit time TO LGW just 2,5 hrs or so. Lately they are advertising daily in the BKKpost. This besides Etihad/GF/EK/KU/RJ etc.

Ive seen prices quoted as 23.000 THB, but not told if that was single/return or if it incl. taxes etc.

Its mainly out of curiosity and to try out something as yet unknown. It also seems their long-dist.flights are quite new, as hiterto they only flew short-distance to connect Oman with nearby. The site airlinequality has not any review on these new services.

(and this also leads me to suggest creating a new branch; travel TO/FROM Thailand!

1.is there some early bird between the readers who has some experience?

2.What worries me most is what also happened in the very early years of Etihad: many cancellations/retimings, due to insufficient demand due to its newness.

3.Do they have a GSA (general sales agent) somewhere in BKK? Their website says that they cannot yet do e-tickets out of BKK, nd hence also no final price to show!

I do know that they are using a 767-200 leased from MA (Hungarian) between MCT and LGW and a 737-800 between MCT and BKK so, on that basis, I'll certainly wait for them to get their new aircraft before I'll be using them (lack of in-flight entertainment).

If you live in the North, LGW's the wrong side of London anyway, although I would try them as Muscat is one of the more interesting stopovers. I wanted to do a stopover there the last time we flew with GF, but silly prices if doing a stopover, hopefully WY will have the same policy as EK with little, or no penalty for doing a stopover.

thanks for this info. som updates:

1.I am well aware where LGW is and have passed a few dozen times.

2.acc. to the webiste, they now use a new AB for MCT-BKK, but if demand is low, it may well be exchanged for smaller plane. anyway, better a smaller plane as cancelled due to no plane!

3.transit time differ markedly for east or westbound: WEST bd its like 2/2,5 hrs, but FROM LGW its far longer hance the rather unattractive times.

4.all these mid-east airls have very cheap fuel.(perhaps except RJ)

thanks for this info. som updates:

1.I am well aware where LGW is and have passed a few dozen times. I'm sure you're well aware of the loaction of LGW - I was referring to my circumstances.

2.acc. to the webiste, they now use a new AB for MCT-BKK, but if demand is low, it may well be exchanged for smaller plane. anyway, better a smaller plane as cancelled due to no plane! They haven't got any Airbus Aircraft - they signed for 3 A330-300 and 2 A330-200 last month and they wont see any of them before 2009. I've just looked at the schedules on their website and it clearly states they are using 73H (737-800) to Bangkok.

3.transit time differ markedly for east or westbound: WEST bd its like 2/2,5 hrs, but FROM LGW its far longer hance the rather unattractive times.

4.all these mid-east airls have very cheap fuel.(perhaps except RJ)

Their web site ....is ....?<?) :o
........here Oman Air with fleet information

You put in a departure point...ie Gatwick...to..... Bangers return with a date (if you can work the calendar)and push for a price.......and it sends you off in the direction of the nearest waddi.....

in comparison TG is easssssy.... :D