Cia Detainees Taken To Thailand For Interrogation

bulmercke

With all that was going on with Thailand war on drugs.... I don't think they would have a problem with interrogation of a non-thai terrorist.....

I just wish that the News Media would stop trying to isolate America by making like harder for those who help US. They didn't do it with Clinton in office and they hate Bush and they are willing to punish Thailand for their hate of Bush....

:o I read 3 times, trying to relate any of this to reality or the the thread topic.. I give up

A new one DID.. Drunk in Delaware??

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all that was going on with Thailand war on drugs.... I don't think they would have a problem with interrogation of a non-thai terrorist.....

I just wish that the News Media would stop trying to isolate America by making like harder for those who help US. They didn't do it with Clinton in office and they hate Bush and they are willing to punish Thailand for their hate of Bush....

:o I read 3 times, trying to relate any of this to reality or the the thread topic.. I give up

He is speaking in terms of 'fox news speak' I recognize some of the text from a GW speach.

'after all he tried to kill my daddy' - 'im gonna smoke him out - dead or alive'

Edited by pointofview

This is how I relate it. During the war on drugs, people who the police had an interest in were turning up dead.....

That told me something about Taksin.... So when an allie comes to him and asks if they can bring a suspected terrorist into Thailand to interrogate him secretly so that sleeper cells run buy him will not know that he has been compromised...... I can't see why the CIA would be refused.....

I am going to limit my replies to you.... I mean I am glad that you are enjoying your posts but I don't enjoy being called names or being insulted... I am sensative that way.... I want to enjoy my time here too just like you.

He is speaking in terms of 'fox news speak' I recognize some of the text from a JW speach.

'after all he tried to kill my daddy'

GW you mean? Ahh yes, the Muslims :D did it. Lets round 'em up and get with the cattle prods... they have the oil

Edited by yorkman

He is speaking in terms of 'fox news speak' I recognize some of the text from a JW speach.

You watch fox news? I love it! Tell me, what show do you watch the most to form your opinion on them?

I will wait for your answer :D

I like Fox news and watch it daily as well as CNN and BBC.

I regard Fox as entertainment and an accurate barometer of how much pablum and BS people will swallow here in the US.

You just have to be able to read between the lines. Or maybe easier to just not forget it's mostly been "spun."

By the way it's not the American people but the government that is the real culprit. Same as all the rest of the world governments.

It just goes to different varying degrees.

Let's face it it all real just dirty business... :o

He is speaking in terms of 'fox news speak' I recognize some of the text from a GW speach.

'after all he tried to kill my daddy' - 'im gonna smoke him out - dead or alive'

OK so so you guys win. I will return when the thread is back on topic.

You watch fox news? I love it! Tell me, what show do you watch the most to form your opinion on them?

I like fox news because it makes me laugh - but it also scares me to think that so many people think of it as the gospel! The BBC appeared to be a resonably unbiased news media at one time, although even they have dumbed down to near fox levels (fox being the bench mark for dumb).

It isnt the biased views that are worrysome - thats understanable, they have an agenda - it is the level to which they have dumbed down. 'Is there anybody out there!!'

I like Fox news and watch it daily as well as CNN and BBC.

I regard Fox as entertainment and an accurate barometer of how much pablum and BS people will swallow here in the US.

You just have to be able to read between the lines. Or maybe easier to just not forget it's mostly been "spun."

By the way it's not the American people but the government that is the real culprit. Same as all the rest of the world governments.

It just goes to different varying degrees.

Let's face it it all real just dirty business... :o

It's so. Sadly. I just regard PaulUSA302 as entertainment. Same Same as they say :D

'Is there anybody out there!!'

There is, don't worry...... :D

I moved to Thailand partially to get away from these nutters, don't tell my wife!!

That could be a mistake, she has an account here :o

I want to go back - i want to take the green pill (or is it the red - you know the one that lets you live in fantasy land). I was happy there - i cant cope knowing that so many of my fellow humans have been hypnoticaly lobotomized. I just want to watch fox and believe it - they seem happy!

Edited by pointofview

I want to go back - i want to take the green pill (or is it the red - you know the one that lets you live in fantasy land). I was happy there - i cant cope knowing that so many of my fellow humans have been hypnoticaly labotamised. I just want to watch fox and believe it - they seem happy!

Ahhh..they are happy, as long as they can sneer at fellow human beings, "observe" them, and are happy with the hypnotism.

Or, of course, believe all they see on the media, including the Thai in english media, who seem to go out of their way to belittle dissenting opinion. Strange that eh? :o

I want to go back - i want to take the green pill (or is it the red - you know the one that lets you live in fantasy land). I was happy there - i cant cope knowing that so many of my fellow humans have been hypnoticaly labotamised. I just want to watch fox and believe it - they seem happy!

Ahhh..they are happy, as long as they can sneer at fellow human beings, "observe" them, and are happy with the hypnotism.

Or, of course, believe all they see on the media, including the Thai in english media, who seem to go out of their way to belittle dissenting opinion. Strange that eh? :o

Yeah, but as GW said: 'if your not with us then your against us' So to be a true patriot we must not question anything. A good patriot knows more about the 'Simpsons' than the 'First Amendment' - dont you see you fool we are bad machines!

I like fox news because it makes me laugh - but it also scares me to think that so many people think of it as the gospel! The BBC appeared to be a resonably unbiased news media at one time, although even they have dumbed down to near fox levels (fox being the bench mark for dumb).

It isnt the biased views that are worrysome - thats understanable, they have an agenda - it is the level to which they have dumbed down. 'Is there anybody out there!!'

There are only a small few that are news reporting segments on Fox news. Most of the programs on fox news are News Debate Forums. I enjoy them.

Is there any news service out there that does not have an agenda?

I find that the person who reports the news often has a point of view and reports from that angle.

I love to go from one Thai news website to another to read different reporters perspective on the same news event. I wish we had more of that here in the USA.

So... when you go up against a Thai Visa clique your labeled a Troll... LOL

Well I am hurt but I will carry on and continue to post my point of view and share information.

If those in the attack and insult clique choose to ignore me..... Well..... I will try to survive on here.... :o

I forgot what the original topic was about - its just there is nothing on the telly ( i would normally say TV - but this being TV i said telly)

Anyhow thanks Endure you have been patient :o

May i suggest that any interested parties move to the new dont bash americans thread :D

I forgot what the original topic was about - its just there is nothing on the telly ( i would normally say TV - but this being TV i said telly)

Anyhow thanks Endure you have been patient :o

May i suggest that any interested parties move to the new dont bash americans thread :D

I would very strongly suggest that you don't.

Slightly back on topic...................I don,t know who quoted this............maybe you can tell me?

" We sleep well at night because ROUGH men guard the gates" ?

EDIT !

I just found the quote.............but it does not say who said it. :o

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Edited by stevemiddie

Slightly back on topic...................I don,t know who quoted this............maybe you can tell me?

EDIT !

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

George Orwell, Rudyard Kipling, Winston Churchill or Jack Nicholson depending on which version you're talking about :D

I don't know who said those words.....

But I wonder what the average Thai has to say about Thailand working with the CIA on interrogating known terrorist?

Does anyone have a link to a Thai perspective written in English?

EDIT !

I

Take your pick:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

• Alternative: "We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."
  • In his 1945 "Notes on Nationalism", Orwell did state that, for the pacifist type of a nationalist, the notion that "Those who ‘abjure’ violence can only do so because others are committing violence on their behalf." is impossible to accept. "Notes on Nationalism"
  • Notes: allegedly said by George Orwell although there is no evidence that Orwell ever wrote or uttered either of these versions of this idea. They do bear some similarity to comments made in an essay that Orwell wrote on Rudyard Kipling, when quoting from one of his poems.
    • "Yes, making mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep" - Rudyard Kipling (Tommy)
    • "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it." - Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men)

[*]Alternative: "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - Winston Churchill

I don't know who said those words.....

But I wonder what the average Thai has to say about Thailand working with the CIA on interrogating known terrorist?

The average Thai wouldn,t know and would probably not care.

And the quote is by George Orwell. Thank goodness for Wikipedia. :D

The "average Thai" and here shows your level of misunderstanding, has absolutely nothing to say about this. But then this would be generalising again, would'nt it?

There is no such thing, unless you want to profile them, be superior or whatever rings your bell

This thread should have been closed two days ago. I've never read so much unadulterated bullshit in my life. Shame on all of you.

Can you give a reason please?

I would like to think that its a debate, different views on events........freedom of speech, lively discussion. DEMOCRACY in action. :D

But hey......close it down sure....because you don,t like it. No problem..........stop reading. :o

Edited by stevemiddie

Now this topic is more interesting.

I like the quote because in some ways I believe it justifies interogation.

Flame away ! :o

Interrogation ok - but torture and murder no. There seems to be a big debate in the US re. wether so called 'water boarding' is torture' or just plain old interrogation.

Yeah, its ok to torture them but not me!! Seems that many people have now been convinced that what happens to others can be justified - i dont believe you have to torture people to make them talk. Put me in a dark room for a few hours and take away my mobile phone and i will tell you what i know!

Edited by pointofview

I find Aljazeera English much more "fair and balanced" than Fox News. The USA under Bush wants her cake and to eat it too. She cannot claim to hold any moral superiority above "terrorists" if she does not hold herself to a higher moral standard, the Geneva convention would be a start, for things like torture.

Edited by Jingthing