Cia Detainees Taken To Thailand For Interrogation

bulmercke

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this topic is more interesting.

I like the quote because in some ways I believe it justifies interrogation.

Flame away ! :o

As far as I know, every country has a style of interrogation. In the USA we are having a debate on what form of interrogation is torture..... But we are also the same country that is banning Tag in school so no child will have hurt feelings... AND some sporting events are not allowed to keep score because it will make the kids that lost feel bad....

Interrogation.... It is a needed thing....

Well... that is what I think anyway.

This thread should have been closed two days ago. I've never read so much unadulterated bullshit in my life. Shame on all of you.

Can you give a reason please?

I would like to think that its a debate, different views on events........freedom of speech, lively discussion. DEMOCRACY in action.

But hey......close it down sure....because you don,t like it. No problem..........stop reading

I find Aljazeera English much more "fair and balanced" than Fox News.

Who could possibly not?? At least it's fair interviewing rather than snide remarks. Did you see the interview where Clinton absolutely crucified the right wing prat. It's on Youtube unless you can find it first

Edited by yorkman

I think many people dont really get the fact that if you invade othere countrys under false pretences - i.e. WMDs, and then you promote torture, then things arent going to improve!

Everyone looses here - 1 million Iraqis and thousands of allied troops dead - american costitution virtually destroyed. I thought this war was to protect and promote freedom!

Now this topic is more interesting.

I like the quote because in some ways I believe it justifies interogation.

Flame away ! :o

Interrogation ok - but torture and murder no. There seems to be a big debate in the US re. wether so called 'water boarding' is torture' or just plain old interrogation.

Yeah, its ok to torture them but not me!! Seems that many people have now been convinced that what happens to others can be justified - i dont believe you have to torture people to make them talk. Put me in a dark room for a few hours and take away my mobile phone and i will tell you what i know!

Yes. I read the reports on that. Seems one of the CIA guys says that on refelection....he now believes water boarding to be wrong.................but also stated that the information gleaned from that saved many lives from future operations that were being planned?

No.........its not the Geneva convention but I believe you fight fire with fire. Al-Queda give a <deleted> when they detonate bombs in market places? And people on here want us to treat these nutters with respect for their human dignaties?

I think many people dont really get the fact that if you invade othere countrys under false pretences - i.e. WMDs, and then you promote torture, then things arent going to improve!

Everyone looses here - 1 million Iraqis and thousands of allied troops dead - american costitution virtually destroyed. I thought this war was to protect and promote freedom!

I agree with you on this. I,m a Brit and served in the 1991/92 campaign. Yes...........we were lied to. And yes.........Brits and American soldiers would rather be back home. But we are stuck with it now and have to try to find the best soloution. Simply pulling out now is not an option.

I think though that most people would agree that Saddam Hussein was a despot. I know that the Kurds are greatful he was removed. Remember the poison gas attack on that village that killed thousands?

Oh...........and the American Constitution is nowhere near destroyed. Thats just wishful thinking on your part.

Okay, expert, please cite the parts of the American 'costitution' (what country are you from?) that have been "virtually destroyed." I'm waiting with bated breath for your reply.