Useless Facts

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following are all anagrams of which famous idiot?

BEG WHOSE RUG

BUGGERS HOWE

BEGS HUGE ROW

BEGS WE HUG OR (be hugged...)

He bugs Gore

G. W. Bush?

Sorry, was that a rhetorical question? Nid noi mao, tonight....

And our Grand Prize this evening has been won by none other than RDN!!! (cheers, crowd goes wild)...

Debbie, why don´t you show our winning contestant what he´s won...

(intro X-files music, blend into Dire Straits... "It`s a mystery to me...")

• 2 weeks later...

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

----------------------------

it's the result of typing =rand(100,99) in MS-WORD and then press ENTRE.

Spliced 'n diced from my Inbox:

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

(Hardly seems worth it.)

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.

(Now that's more like it!)

The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.

(O.M.G.!)

A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.

(In my next life, I want to be a pig.)

A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy.)

(I'm still not over the pig.)

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

(Do not try this at home...... maybe at work.)

The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off.

("Honey, I'm home. What the....?!")

The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field.

(30 minutes... lucky pig... can you imagine??)

The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds.

(What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?)

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.

(I still want to be a pig in my next life...quality over quantity)

Butterflies taste with their feet.

(Something I always wanted to know.)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

(Hmmmmmm........)

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer

than left-handed people.

(If you're ambidextrous, do you split the difference?)

Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump.

(OK, so that would be a good thing....)

A cat's urine glows under a black light.

(I wonder who was paid to figure that out?)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

(I know some people like that.)

Starfish have no brains.

(I know some people like that too.)

Polar bears are left-handed.

(If they switch, they'll live a lot longer.)

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for

pleasure.

(What about that pig??)

.....it's the result of typing  =rand(100,99) in MS-WORD and then press ENTRE.

Blimey! She's right! :D

This is an example of an "Easter Egg" - a hidden sequence or procedure that does something unexpected.

(Unlike a "time bomb" which some companies put in their code so that the program stops working if they do not get paid. I think that's now illegal). :o

In the old days (in the UK me thinks), many poor people did not have any sort of flooring in their houses, just dirt.. Hence the expression "dirt Poor".

The slightly wealthier ones may have had slate flooring, which they would often cover in ´Thresh´ a sort of sawdusty type stuff. As the days wore on and people entered and exited the home, the thresh would start tumbling out the door, and so a wooden block was placed at the bottom of the doorway to keep the thresh in.. Hence the name "Thresh hold"...

Ever had the graveyard shift?

In the old days, during the days of the great plagues, sometimes people would be ill, but perhaps not dead. People didn´t always know for sure whether their loved ones were dead when burying them, so at one point in became standard practice to run a piece of string from the deceased´s finger through the coffin, through 6 feet of earth up to a bell.

And someone would be nominated to sit at the graveyard through the night listening in case a bell goes...

And my favorite;

During that same time period, due to the risk of proliferation of the diseases, Fornication could only be done under the consent of the King.

A document would be provided to the lusty individuals who´d applied. The document was entitled, F.ornication U.nder C.onsent of the K.ing.

Hence a very royal background to a mistakenly rude word.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My <deleted> itch. :D

If I scratch them, they itch. :D

If I don't scratch them, they itch. :D

If I wash them, they itch. :wub:

If I don't wash them :D , they itch. -_-

In my life it's a universal constant, though not like Planck's. Probably more like Wanck's but the local physics association will neither confirm nor deny its existence (though someone did say it sounded like <deleted>).

An old tale is that if your palms itch you're coming into money. I'm keeping a wary lookout for people wearing boots with toecaps made of gold. :o

My <deleted> itch. :D

If I scratch them, they itch. :D

If I don't scratch them, they itch. :D

If I wash them, they itch. :wub:

If I don't wash them :D , they itch. -_-

In my life it's a universal constant, though not like Planck's. Probably more like Wanck's but the local physics association will neither confirm nor deny its existence (though someone did say it sounded like <deleted>).

An old tale is that if your palms itch you're coming into money. I'm keeping a wary lookout for people wearing boots with toecaps made of gold. :o

You should invest in medicated Crabs shampoo. I'm itch free and loving it.

If all the mass in your body was pressed into the minimum amount of space, you'd be the size of a few normal atoms- but you'd still have the same mass/weight. However, electrical forces would probably blow you apart at near the speed of light.

Imagine yourself standing in the middle of a football field. Your thumbtip is the nucleus of an atom, and the edge of the field is where the electrons (which are much smaller) begin whizzing around. That's how much empty space there is in atoms compared to the little bit of matter.

If this information isn't useless, I don't know what is!

"Steven"

If all the mass in your body was pressed into the minimum amount of space, you'd be the size of a few normal atoms- but you'd still have the same mass/weight.  However, electrical forces would probably blow you apart at near the speed of light.

Imagine yourself standing in the middle of a football field.  Your thumbtip is the nucleus of an atom, and the edge of the field is where the electrons (which are much smaller) begin whizzing around.  That's how much empty space there is in atoms compared to the little bit of matter.

"Steven"

Sorry, too interesting. You're disqualified :o

Man dies in home-made electric chair

Posted Tue, 23 Nov 2004

Police in Lithuania's second largest city Kaunas has found the body of a 74-year-old man, who committed suicide in an electric chair he made himself, the daily Respublika reported on Tuesday.

The man worked as an engineer in a Kaunas company, which went bankrupt.

He was found on Monday by the police sitting in the chair, which according to Respublika, was a "state-of-the-art" product.

The man left no letter, but police ruled out foul play.

According to Respublika, the man who lived alone suffered from depression.

Lithuania is one of the leading countries in the world by suicides.

In 2003, 1500 people committed suicide in the former Soviet republic, which has a population of 3.4 million. The suicide rate reached 42 people per 100 000 last year, compared to 26 people per 100 000 in 1990

http://www.iafrica.com/news/worldnews/392799.htm

And you thought it was bad in those Pattaya high-rises! :o

If all the mass in your body was pressed into the minimum amount of space, you'd be the size of a few normal atoms- but you'd still have the same mass/weight.  However, electrical forces would probably blow you apart at near the speed of light.

Imagine yourself standing in the middle of a football field.  Your thumbtip is the nucleus of an atom, and the edge of the field is where the electrons (which are much smaller) begin whizzing around.  That's how much empty space there is in atoms compared to the little bit of matter.

"Steven"

On the contrary it's essential in understanding the creation of a black hole.

There is no sunlight at the bottom of the bottom of the ocean.

Oh yes there is :o

ps did I ever tell you I know how to make a time travel machine :D

OK, I'll bite: No RC, you never did tell me that you know how to make a time travel machine. How doooo you do it?

PS Did you notice that Rav agrees with me whether he knows it or not?

"Steven"

OK, I'll bite: Dickie, I didn't know that Steven's post was needed in understanding the creation of a black hole. How is that?

OK, I'll bite: Dickie, I didn't know that Steven's post was needed in understanding the creation of a black hole. How is that?

A black hole is a massive star that's collapsed under it's own weight, crushing even the atoms down into impossibly small sizes. This is quite informative if you're really interested. The amount of space in an atom is how things can go from the size of a star to smaller than a pin-head without losing any mass.