Any Thoughts.

Mosha

My sister in law started with dark blue/brown blotches around her navel. This was several months back, now the only part unaffected is her face. The blotches are about the size of 5 and 10 baht coins. It looks really awful, well to be honest scary. Only other symptoms are itching.

She has been taking medicine, but I suspect she is mixing this with Chinese herbal medicines. I have told my wife to tell her to just stick to what the hospital tells her to take.

Any thoughts please as to what it might be.

My sister in law started with dark blue/brown blotches around her navel. This was several months back, now the only part unaffected is her face. The blotches are about the size of 5 and 10 baht coins. It looks really awful, well to be honest scary. Only other symptoms are itching.

She has been taking medicine, but I suspect she is mixing this with Chinese herbal medicines. I have told my wife to tell her to just stick to what the hospital tells her to take.

Well, didn't the doctor give some form of diagnosis? It would help then we could all do a bit of googling.

I have to say, Kaposi's is a possibility from the description. In which case it is nothing to mess around with and she needs to be treated in a good hospital, by which I mean not a district hospital or small private one but at least a provinical government hospital. And she needs an HIV test. Kaposi's is not unique to people with AIDS but it is more common among them.

Hopefully that is not what it is, but need to make sure. Kaposi's is a potentially fatal condition.

Ever since I read this thread I can't stop thinking about this poor woman. Did you find out what's wrong with her - I hope to God it's not what the other posters have suggested.