Suing A Thai Lady

Eric1949

I had a divorce court case which we settled at the mediation stage. A meeting between both parties and the judge held before the actual trial.

I agreed to give her all assets, House, 20 rai of farming land, 5 motorbikes etc in exchange for custody for my two sons.

I am sorry to say that it proves the cliche that some Thai women would rather have money and assets than the joy of watching their children grow up and become good honest people.

She chose the money. I chose to take care and love my children.

Who won?

I did.

GFL

Somewhat sums up the average Thai woman. :o

No. I don't think that it does sum up the average Thai woman. But it is that bad 10 percent element you always hear about.

Sorry, I meant the average Thai woman as seen in a b^r. :D

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a divorce court case which we settled at the mediation stage. A meeting between both parties and the judge held before the actual trial.

I agreed to give her all assets, House, 20 rai of farming land, 5 motorbikes etc in exchange for custody for my two sons.

I am sorry to say that it proves the cliche that some Thai women would rather have money and assets than the joy of watching their children grow up and become good honest people.

Who won?

I did.

GFL

Somewhat sums up the average Thai woman. :o

No. I don't think that it does sum up the average Thai woman. But it is that bad 10 percent element you always hear about.

Sorry, I meant the average Thai woman as seen in a b^r. :D

I know perhaps 15 friends that have married bar girls. Only two out of those fifteen relationships are based on love and friendship. The rest just built on the practicalties - woman - has more money than working as she has one steady customer - Man - Can get a visa and stay in thailand. Simple as that.

i dont think courts were established to protect peeple from their own lack of judgement.if man wasnt defrauded or anything similiar, gun to head yadda yadda yadda, its too dam_n bad gurl took him to cleaners.

be a man and be happy she not eliminate you.

sirr you were guilty of being silly. which many times you end up paying for. stop rationalizing by saying you guilty of trust.

be a man and admit u were silly, cant say othetr word, not nice.......lol.

Hello there Greedy Thai Lady, "you not know we can see you?"

Here's the solution I apply guys. First, I didn't do anything but rent at first, won't BUY anything I can't put my name on, she can't pay half for, or otherwise have a binding contract for. It's business, not love. Fact is, my girl doesn't ask for anything, but when I do buy her a gift, it's something like flowers, dinner, a new cell phone, education, or a trip she accompanies me on. The education is relatively inexpensive, helps us both, and is hers forever, something to give those you truly care about. The cell phone she wants is never top of the line, in fact, it's only been once (as hers sometimes wouldn't charge right), and I wouldn't want it either. I like having her along on trips with me, when she can go, as she works long Thai hours. Another reason that if we ever buy a home "together", I want her to contribute equally and be able to enjoy the satisfaction of something you work hard for yourself, or she just won't have the same appreciation, or get the same satisfaction out of it. Until then, I can walk away from my rental place with my stuff, or she can leave with her suitcase, case closed. So far this has been the most successful formula that has ever worked. Arguments are never swayed by what headaches one can cause the other over financial issues.

Of course, all of this comes from years of learning from my own stupid "love" mistakes, but I continuing trying to adequately perfect my 'system' of doing things before I die and somebody else gets everything anyways.

From the flip side view of things, as long as you are getting what you want, as often as you want it, and it's costing you less than the accumulation of what "bar fines" would be, then you are doing okay even if you lose it all. Spending any more than that without protecting yourself is just stupid, not love, and just asking for trouble that you probably wouldn't get otherwise.

You guys keep saying "typical Thai lady", but what you really mean is "typical bar girl" type, not necessarily all bar girls are that way, and not necessarily has to be a bar girl to be that type. Tell yourself whatever you want, but there are so many wonderful Thai ladies out there, many who either have money or make a good living of their own, and many that have a good education, and just as many who would like to have more education. So if you choose to be with, or create your "typical bar girl type" by doing things that cause things to happen that way, then you deserve it, but I will still feel sorry for you. I recommend getting to know someone a) In time over the internet. :o someplace that you aren't smoking and drinking your way to oblivion at the same time. c) while getting some education of your own. d) all of the above. e) "insert your own better circumstance here"

To eric if you are still following this thread, you kind of should have seen the flags that her owning several other homes threw up for you. She should've contributed half to the house you both shared, as she clearly should have been able to. Maybe you should've pursued having half ownership of whatever she has as well. Seems only fair to me.

Disertation almost over.

What it comes down to is; if you create a circumstance they don't appreciate and/or can benefit greatly from, you know that when the inevitable human feelings of anger, jealousy, etc., come along (for either of you), this is how they will play out. On the other hand, if losing a home they contributed half for (probably had to work harder for), appreciate as much as anyone, and don't benefit greatly by following the negative/destructive path, then things are much more likely to be resolved positively and amicably, and not necessarily ending. So if you really do want it to last, then plan to do it in a way that makes it likely. Leave the "bar girls" in the bar. That's the nicest way I can respond to "blizzard",....boy does that screen name give some away??

that is why, you buy in your house name, you use her to BORROW from the bank and pay monthly

1) good for credit if you never leave her

2) cheaper than renting

3) things go sour? leave her with the bills and tell yourself you've been renting.

Sorry 'notasexpat', I fail to see what this has to do with the topic?? :o

To Gertrude; well Gertrude, I can tell you what it has to do with it, it's good sound advice for those involved in this post, and those reading it. I fail to see why you can't see what it has to do with the topic, or why you would bother saying that either way?

To Eric; I've read most of this post, as many have, good luck to you, I'm sure you will be fine however it turns out.

To Everyone; see what it takes just to try to get back half of what you paid for? (refer to above post from 'notasexpat', as well as others)

Who won?

I did.

GFL

Nice story :o

i dont think courts were established to protect peeple from their own lack of judgement.if man wasnt defrauded or anything similiar, gun to head yadda yadda yadda, its too dam_n bad gurl took him to cleaners.

sirr you were guilty of being silly. which many times you end up paying for. stop rationalizing by saying you guilty of trust.

Here's the solution I apply guys. First, I didn't do anything but rent at first, won't BUY anything I can't put my name on, she can't pay half for, or otherwise have a binding contract for. It's business, not love. Fact is, my girl doesn't ask for anything, but when I do buy her a gift, it's something like flowers, dinner, a new cell phone, education, or a trip she accompanies me on. The education is relatively inexpensive, helps us both, and is hers forever, something to give those you truly care about. The cell phone she wants is never top of the line, in fact, it's only been once (as hers sometimes wouldn't charge right), and I wouldn't want it either. I like having her along on trips with me, when she can go, as she works long Thai hours. Another reason that if we ever buy a home "together", I want her to contribute equally and be able to enjoy the satisfaction of something you work hard for yourself, or she just won't have the same appreciation, or get the same satisfaction out of it. Until then, I can walk away from my rental place with my stuff, or she can leave with her suitcase, case closed. So far this has been the most successful formula that has ever worked. Arguments are never swayed by what headaches one can cause the other over financial issues.

Of course, all of this comes from years of learning from my own stupid "love" mistakes, but I continuing trying to adequately perfect my 'system' of doing things before I die and somebody else gets everything anyways.

From the flip side view of things, as long as you are getting what you want, as often as you want it, and it's costing you less than the accumulation of what "bar fines" would be, then you are doing okay even if you lose it all. Spending any more than that without protecting yourself is just stupid, not love, and just asking for trouble that you probably wouldn't get otherwise.

You guys keep saying "typical Thai lady", but what you really mean is "typical bar girl" type, not necessarily all bar girls are that way, and not necessarily has to be a bar girl to be that type. Tell yourself whatever you want, but there are so many wonderful Thai ladies out there, many who either have money or make a good living of their own, and many that have a good education, and just as many who would like to have more education. So if you choose to be with, or create your "typical bar girl type" by doing things that cause things to happen that way, then you deserve it, but I will still feel sorry for you. I recommend getting to know someone a) In time over the internet. :D someplace that you aren't smoking and drinking your way to oblivion at the same time. c) while getting some education of your own. d) all of the above. e) "insert your own better circumstance here"

To eric if you are still following this thread, you kind of should have seen the flags that her owning several other homes threw up for you. She should've contributed half to the house you both shared, as she clearly should have been able to. Maybe you should've pursued having half ownership of whatever she has as well. Seems only fair to me.

Disertation almost over.

What it comes down to is; if you create a circumstance they don't appreciate and/or can benefit greatly from, you know that when the inevitable human feelings of anger, jealousy, etc., come along (for either of you), this is how they will play out. On the other hand, if losing a home they contributed half for (probably had to work harder for), appreciate as much as anyone, and don't benefit greatly by following the negative/destructive path, then things are much more likely to be resolved positively and amicably, and not necessarily ending. So if you really do want it to last, then plan to do it in a way that makes it likely. Leave the "bar girls" in the bar. That's the nicest way I can respond to "blizzard",....boy does that screen name give some away??

Hindsight is always easier!! :o

You guys keep saying "typical Thai lady", but what you really mean is "typical bar girl" type, not necessarily all bar girls are that way, and not necessarily has to be a bar girl to be that type. Tell yourself whatever you want, but there are so many wonderful Thai ladies out there, many who either have money or make a good living of their own, and many that have a good education, and just as many who would like to have more education. So if you choose to be with, or create your "typical bar girl type" by doing things that cause things to happen that way, then you deserve it, but I will still feel sorry for you. I recommend getting to know someone a) In time over the internet. :D someplace that you aren't smoking and drinking your way to oblivion at the same time. c) while getting some education of your own. d) all of the above. e) "insert your own better circumstance here"

Disertation almost over.

Too true. 'Private Dancer' & ' Confessions of a Bangkok Private Detective' should be compulsory reading for newbie guys, BEFORE you come hear.

Disertation almost over.

Too true. 'Private Dancer' & ' Confessions of a Bangkok Private Detective' should be compulsory reading for newbie guys, BEFORE you come hear.

Disertation almost over.

Too true. 'Private Dancer' & ' Confessions of a Bangkok Private Eye' should be compulsory reading for newbie guys, BEFORE you come here.

Edited by Gertrude

Yes I know about registering a company name to buy land and build a house...but I didn't.

So now I am looking forward, not back.

I put everything in my lady's name. Things have gone sour. I left the house in March 07, because of threats. We have been to court 3 times already. There is a good chance that I will win, and get back at least 50%. She has now delayed the next case hearing until Feb 09.

Has anyone been successful in suing a Thai lady in a similar situation?

please PM the op for more information

You say nothing regards how long you guys were together, are kids involved - both these points will have a big impact on your claim.

About 6 years together. No children from me, but as said, she has 2 daughters. One from a Thai man, she is now about 30 and one from a Greek Cypriot, and she is now 16. No mention of either in my last 10 visits to court.

A lot has happened since last May.

I successfully managed to get a block put on lands and house, but that ended up being in June.

At that same time, my lawyer said to the Judge that I was prepared to accept a 50/50 solution, the Judge asked the ex. She said she needed time to think about it (she had a year already) so the judge said to come back in 7 days. I returned to court the following week with my lawyer, she didn't. So the Judge said that I would have to wait until Feb '09, as he was interested to hear from her 'witnesses'.

After this, she spent increasing times away from the house, living in 1 of her properties in BKK.

In September '08, I got so frustrated as she had been away from the house for 11 weeks. Needless to say the house and gardens were looking a right mess. So, I went to the main Police station in Nathon wth my lawyer. I asked for the Police to give me permission to live in my own house, in order to save me paying rent, and to take care of the house. The Police gave me a report allowing this. When I got to the house I found both of my water pumps useless. A repair man managed to repair the 'well' pump on sight, but the house pump had been running for 11 weeks with no water, and was red hot. Once cooled, and primed I switched it back on. There were so many leaks, due to the seals having disintergrated, that the repair man had to take it away for repairs. A few days later, he brought it back and reinstalled it.

I had to go to Hua Hin for a couple of days. In the meantime, the coconut telephone had been buzzing.

When I got back from HH, it was too late to go to my house. The next morning my lawyer called to say the ex had come back to Samui and had been to the Police, originally saying that there had been 12 baht gold in the house. I think she was persuaded not to persue that angle, and to file a trespass suit aginst me. Well that's 6 months down the line now, and at last been dropped, after visits to the Police, finger prints taken etc, and visits to the Public Prosecutors office, the case has been dismissed.

I spent 3 days in court last month, the ex only managed to produce 2 witnesses, neither of which I believe, were on her original paperwork. For obvious reasons I cannot comment on what her witnesses said. Anyway after me being in the 'box', the Judge asked me if I wanted to stay in Thailand, to which I replied 'Yes'. We have to go back to the court Friday 27th, for the Judges decision......................

Hi Eric.

I thought that I heard through the grapevine that you went to the court in January for arbitration, nothing came of it? :o

I successfully managed to get a block put on lands and house, but that ended up being in June.

At that same time, my lawyer said to the Judge that I was prepared to accept a 50/50 solution, the Judge asked the ex. She said she needed time to think about it (she had a year already) so the judge said to come back in 7 days. I returned to court the following week with my lawyer, she didn't. So the Judge said that I would have to wait until Feb '09, as he was interested to hear from her 'witnesses'.

After this, she spent increasing times away from the house, living in 1 of her properties in BKK.

In September '08, I got so frustrated as she had been away from the house for 11 weeks. Needless to say the house and gardens were looking a right mess. So, I went to the main Police station in Nathon wth my lawyer. I asked for the Police to give me permission to live in my own house, in order to save me paying rent, and to take care of the house. The Police gave me a report allowing this. When I got to the house I found both of my water pumps useless. A repair man managed to repair the 'well' pump on sight, but the house pump had been running for 11 weeks with no water, and was red hot. Once cooled, and primed I switched it back on. There were so many leaks, due to the seals having disintergrated, that the repair man had to take it away for repairs. A few days later, he brought it back and reinstalled it.

I had to go to Hua Hin for a couple of days. In the meantime, the coconut telephone had been buzzing.

When I got back from HH, it was too late to go to my house. The next morning my lawyer called to say the ex had come back to Samui and had been to the Police, originally saying that there had been 12 baht gold in the house. I think she was persuaded not to persue that angle, and to file a trespass suit aginst me. Well that's 6 months down the line now, and at last been dropped, after visits to the Police, finger prints taken etc, and visits to the Public Prosecutors office, the case has been dismissed.

I spent 3 days in court last month, the ex only managed to produce 2 witnesses, neither of which I believe, were on her original paperwork. For obvious reasons I cannot comment on what her witnesses said. Anyway after me being in the 'box', the Judge asked me if I wanted to stay in Thailand, to which I replied 'Yes'. We have to go back to the court Friday 27th, for the Judges decision......................

Hi Eric.

I thought that I heard through the grapevine that you went to the court in January for arbitration, nothing came of it? :o

Mistresserika.

I found out about this 3 days before the arbitration, my lawyer said no point in me going. Anyway I did go with some friends (I didn't want 'default of apperance' to go against me). There were 2 arbitrators, neither of which was approved by me. Anyway, I wanted the usual 50/50, but with the clause that I stay in the house to bring it back to sales standard. She refused. So that is why it went to the full hearing last month. There are reasons why I wanted it to go to the full hearing, but I cannot divulge them now as the judgement is only 2 days away.

Edited by Eric1949

Who won?

I did.

GFL

I see too many Thai women more interested in playing cards than playing with their kid's, you won.

Hi Eric.

I thought that I heard through the grapevine that you went to the court in January for arbitration, nothing came of it? :D

Mistresserika.

I found out about this 3 days before the arbitration, my lawyer said no point in me going. Anyway I did go with some friends (I didn't want 'default of apperance' to go against me). There were 2 arbitrators, neither of which was approved by me. Anyway, I wanted the usual 50/50, but with the clause that I stay in the house to bring it back to sales standard. She refused. So that is why it went to the full hearing last month. There are reasons why I wanted it to go to the full hearing, but I cannot divulge them now as the judgement is only 2 days away.

Understand, good luck tomorrow. :o

Hi Eric.

I thought that I heard through the grapevine that you went to the court in January for arbitration, nothing came of it? :D

Mistresserika.

Go for it, best of luck. :o

Hi Eric.

Mistresserika.

Way to go :o

Hi Eric.

Mistresserika.

Way to go :o

Yes, thumbs up for you today Eric :D

Wow, that's some story Eric, I'll certainly watch out when I come to Thailand. I've read the 'book', but hearing real problems means so much more. It's a shame there are so many idiots on this forum. Lots of good advice, but mostly in hind sight. Great, to all of you who have been supportive. :o

Who won?

I did.

Yes you did win. Good for you man.

It looks like you both got what you wanted (won)

You don't need to have worked in a bar to be a "Bar Girl Type" this prase has is just become synonomous with money hungery gold digging scammer...

Wish you luck...