Buying Fireworks ?

bri1guy

Where can I buy some good Fireworks to lite off on new years eve on the beaches of pattaya, & some with some good explosions?? Nothing says happy new

years more than 1000's of firecrackers !!!

I want to buy some fireworks as well, so if you hear something through another channel then TV please let me know.

I been looking everywhere and even my Thai Staff dont know where to buy fireworks...

Really strange in a city where everyone sells everything..

I sent out one off our staff and he came back with beautifull (and very cheap) fireworks.

After asking where he bought it I only understood the Nong Prue bit.

The Thai seem to be very secretive about fireworks (I understand it is illegal), so when I find out where exactly it is I will pm the interrested people and we all have nice fireworks next time.

Although fireworks are sort of illegal (like buying booze outside trading hours - not sure on the exact law regarding fireworks, those concerned should check this out first because it seems to be different from province to province) you can purchase all the really good ones from your standard dixie whistlers through to 6" mortar launched star balls near "bua kao torng" (golden mountain) in "wat srakaet" district in Bkk.

Be careful not to have more than 50kg of fireworks in your vehicle because that is the point at which, AFAIK, it turns into a major crime & the police will arrest you rather than just confiscating the dangerous ones.

Soundman.

PS. If anybody has come across the exact law with regards to the posession of small quantities of fireworks - I would love to hear about it - not just "the policeman told me it was illegal" line. Thanx.