Where Can I Buy Uk Food

tuktukmike

Hi All (again)

I have shopped in tesco, big c, foodland and others but where in thailand can you buy proper english foods.

I can find Heinz salad cream and the usual stuff but so far after 5 years still no Branston pickle and no good heinz soups only cambells which i hate.

I am sure someone on here knows where you can buy all the good stuff as i dont want another suitcase full of Branston pickle mixed with clothes in case again, takes ages to wash out.

Any ideas.

Hey

I know its a small thing and of course many of you out there will think if you live in Thailand then eat Thai food.

But i really do miss Branston and other simple things like OXO and Mint sauce and countless other little things you get in UK.

But someone must import these things,

mike.

Villa Market is good, check out the Garlic and Chive Sausages, but the English Pork ones are <deleted>. Who needs tops mashed potatoes, just buy potatoes, boil, mash, and add butter and milk, easy right? Same thing for the mint sauce, mint is cheap out here, just need sugar and vinegar and your sorted.

Check the link bruv

http://www.allfreecrafts.com/giftinajar/mint-sauce.shtml

######, Now I'm thinking about a nice Roast Lamb, mint sauce and roast spuds, crispy on the outside, peas and carrots and a nice oxo gravy, maybe even a bottle of white wine, the cheapest available with a cork to show the real class of my Dagenham upbringing. :D

Somebody tell me where is the best place to get the best Sunday roast out here? and please don't say the Bullshead or any of them places where they microwave it up for you, coz it tastes terrible. I'd attempt one myself, but no oven. :o

Hi All (again)

I have shopped in tesco, big c, foodland and others but where in thailand can you buy proper english foods.

I can find Heinz salad cream and the usual stuff but so far after 5 years still no Branston pickle and no good heinz soups only cambells which i hate.

I am sure someone on here knows where you can buy all the good stuff as i dont want another suitcase full of Branston pickle mixed with clothes in case again, takes ages to wash out.

Any ideas.

Don't leave the UK, do everyone a favour :o

FYI this week Cadbury's chocolate has started to appear!

First Lay's brought out their Salt & Vinegar crisps (ok but not as I remember them) and now this... just need them to bring out Vimto (remember that?) and my life will be complete :o

Oh and Bury black puddings too please

Hi All (again)

Any ideas.

You don't like Campbells tinned goods, but want Heinz.

Yet you say you want ENGLISH foods?

Heinz is US of A - Contender Kelly's wife is heiress to the Heinz family fortune.

Admittedly Tony O'Reilly (from Ireland) was CEO, but the only English connection I know is that the goods are sold there.

Crosse and Blackwell, now, is a different matter.

But Heinz make better beans and better ketchup :o

good shop in Krabi for Farang stuff. opposite main post office...

Mustards and heinz salad cream, relish, cheese and tin things that keep long period. Good selection of Bar spirits and wines.

As for lamb...Speak to a local Muslim for contact of purchase or good shop in

Au-Nang near Krabi, 250 a kilo...expensive

Best get muslim contact for about 150 a kilo...

Branstons no luck here so far...My mate comes here every three months with a goodies bag of unattainables...

Make sure your seals (not been opened) are intact when buying farang stuff....

Hi Dave,

I am based in Hua Hin and as anyone will know you cant get anything much here although we do have the ham and bacon company, dont think much of their pies or cheese and egg flan things.

Anyway thanks all , i now know it may be a good idea to import foodstuffs from the UK and maybe open a shop. Only problem is that laywer says that when i apply for license i have to list all comodity codes on application for every product i wish to import, otherwise if there is anything else i want and have missed off list i will have to apply for yet another import licence.

Nothing seems streightforward out here does it, Yet export is so easy. Me Thinks, We sell to you but we not like buy from you.

The strange thing is that under a trade agreement with the EU if you get a general preferance certificate proving that the goods you want to export are genuine thai made you get around 3-4% drop on import duty EU end. Yet we seem to have barriers put up when you try to ship the other way in the form of import tariffs.

Who says the thais are not switched on???

Mike.

Some years ago, a long time before the wife I got asked to bring M & S teabags, muffins, honey and a dibber to Thailand. The suitcase was very light and I got stopped by customs. I opened the case and “farang” followed by lots of laughter from the customs men. A few days later we went shopping and to Marks & Spencers. I asked why did you want M&S tea bags the reply was that it’s a long way for me to go. She lived on Soi 42 on Sukhumvit. Anyway, after about 6 weeks we got close I had to go to England for a few months and she decided to follow me, no warning she just turned up at my door step. I was amazed. The normal questions. How did you get the visa and pay for the ticket. The answer I’m already married and live in Canada but my husband is very old and I’m waiting for him to die.

The “dibber” is the thing that you use to get the honey out of the pot to the bread.

I met her in the Beer Garden in Soi 7.