Live Traffic Maps

Crossy

Try this http://traffic.thai.net/ for live traffic maps of Bangkok and surrounding areas, feeds from some traffic cameras too.

Click 'Map in English' bottom right to get English map, unfortunately all the actual detail for delays etc. remains in Thai.

This system is supposed to control the 'intelligent' traffic signs, unfortunately the police apparently have an over-ride for the signs like they do for the traffic lights and can therefore totally negate any positive effects :o

Try this http://traffic.thai.net/ for live traffic maps of Bangkok and surrounding areas, feeds from some traffic cameras too.

Click 'Map in English' bottom right to get English map, unfortunately all the actual detail for delays etc. remains in Thai.

This system is supposed to control the 'intelligent' traffic signs, unfortunately the police apparently have an over-ride for the signs like they do for the traffic lights and can therefore totally negate any positive effects :o

Thanks, Crossy. That is pretty cool.

I wish Bangkok had a map of potholes. Today, on Rama IV I hit a pothole and killed two left tires. But, I guess if there was such a map it would be unreadable due to the amount of data.

Well yeah, great in theory but as soon as I saw your apostrophes around intelligent, I had a sneaking feeling that I knew what was coming. Unfortunately, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link...

BTW, are any other parts on LOS covered, do you know?

Corky, I just love your idea re the pothole map! But, like you said, it just wouldn't be feasible. I mean, to read it the scale would have to be 1:1. It would take all day to fold it and imagine it on a windy day!

BTW, are any other parts on LOS covered, do you know?

Looks like it only covers BKK in any detail, although the highways are apparently covered for some distance outside.

There's a version for your mobile device here http://map.longdo.com/m/pc/

There is an excellent zoomable map of all Thailand here http://map.longdo.com/ the map is switchable to English unfortunately 'search' appears to only work in Thai :o

EDIT clicking on 'English' top right gives English search, brilliant :D

Edited by Crossy

Corky, I just love your idea re the pothole map! But, like you said, it just wouldn't be feasible. I mean, to read it the scale would have to be 1:1. It would take all day to fold it and imagine it on a windy day!

I should have known better. To assume that a major Bangkok road would not have a hole in it...well, that was just plain foolish of me. This will set me back two tires and at least one rim.

Edited by corkscrew

I should have known better. To assume that a major Bangkok road would not have a hole in it...well, that was just plain foolish of me. This will set me back two tires and at least one rim.

Ouch! And isn't it always the way that a couple of days after you fit a new tyre, you get a puncture on that same bloody tyre? :o

Cheers for the link Crossy.

I'm pretty sure I read in the BKK Post technology section a week or two ago that a company is planning to incorporate traffic data in a format that in-car GPS systems can use, similar to how it has been done in the west for a few years. Will be a boon when/if it happens. In the meantime, that site is sweet!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Corky. It's one of the reasons that I keep my Jag in HK and drive a Fortuner out here. Whilst it wouldn't survive the worst of the potholes, it gets away with (comparatively) a lot.