Welcome To New Members - 2551/2008

Tywais

Been in LOS for 12 years and gotta admit that I've cruised this forum in the past but didn't pay that much attention to it because the title is a little misleading - gave me the impression it all about passorts, visas, visa runs, immigration issues, etc. After 12 years living here, I pretty much know the ins & out of immigration matters. But I found myself just recently on your forum and had a good look at it. I was truly amazed at the scope of the forum. I find the moderation a tad harsh but I'm sure you have your reasons for that. I want to jump aboard - I think I can be a good contibutor. This is one heck of a forum. Congratulations.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi all, I'm lisa.

i have been in thailand for just 7 months but a friend told me about this site.

i am married, sometimes happily.

no children yet.

based in chiang mai.

feel a bit homesick sometimes.

i am from swanage, dorset originally, but am starting to get a handle on the place.

i'm sure i'll have aq milliuon questions for you long timers.

for a start, how can i get an avatar?

Hi everybody I'm Andy

Just moved to the Land of Smiles with my wife (Swedish) to teach for the first time abroad; 2 months and so far so good in Bangkok.

I look forward to using this site..looks great and very useful advertising.

Hope we can all get along for some healthy discussions in the future.

Regards,

Andy

Hi,

Sorry to bother all of you folks but I'm having a bugger of a time a) trying to find out how to make a post in the first place & :o is anyone having problems with "Supernet' internet ISP. I've just paid a load of money to get a faster internet connection but it fails every day. Guy came yesterday & tried to give me some BS about me setting up my PC incorrectly. I'm now having to use my original True ISP via dial up... slooowwwwww... sleep sleep - Maprachan lake area

Any coments or help please

Thanks

sawadee ka y'all

goshh i just found this topic :S my bad

i'm a thai kiddo here. i have been readin some interesting news and some useful info. in here nearly 2 months.

i like reading and replying in the Thai language forum and also others. I like helping ppl for their thai then i can improve my English as well haaa!

เล่นให้สนุกนะคะ ทุกคน :o

Sawat dii khap everybody,

EvilDrDSomkid here. Wanted to use just Somkid, but it was taken.

Will be relocating to LOS next month sometime and I have already found a lot of good tips and interesting reading here.

I especially enjoyed the GOM thread. :o

I am in the age demogr 35-40, scando, and engaged to a lovely Thai woman.

Can't wait to move out there. I have the luck that my company is sending me!

Chohk dee khap.

Hi folks,

I'm moving to Pattaya pretty soon (as soon as sell my bikes anyway). Finished with 'Her in doors' recently, put our house on the market and it's time for something completely different as monty Python would say.

About me, well, I am 37 going on 18, Scottish, live in Sweden (not for long), work overseas in the oil pipeline game and like to spend my time off in bars getting drunk. I'm not an alcoholic though...never been to a meeting yet! :o

Hi folks,

I'm moving to Pattaya pretty soon (as soon as sell my bikes anyway). Finished with 'Her in doors' recently, put our house on the market and it's time for something completely different as monty Python would say.

About me, well, I am 37 going on 18, Scottish, live in Sweden (not for long), work overseas in the oil pipeline game and like to spend my time off in bars getting drunk. I'm not an alcoholic though...never been to a meeting yet! :o

37 gonna one 18 ?? .... where another 20 years ?

heheheh

Hello folks, Another newbie from "The land Down Under"! Yes, you can crack a tinnie and throw a prawn on the barbie now! Been lurking for a while and thought it was time to come out. Hope I can add something of valuable to a few posts here and there! How's that prawn cummin? :o

Hello All,

I'm not really a newbie here but never post anything to greet anyone here. So, i'll take this time to say hi to you all and i found this website is quite useful for my work as i have to find out something about visa for my coworkers. Also, it was kinda shock to know what happened to my long lost kinda friend who passed away in Hua Hin sometimes ago.

Happy Sunday!

Hi there! I just found out about your forum this year due to the fact that I bought a laptop. I live in Koh Phangan since 2000 and enjoy your very iformativ an very amusing threads!!! Hopefully not getting banned, because I don't like rules, but try not to upset anybody. Because that is not what I have in mind. Keep on the good work!!! Thank you. :o

Hi all. New to here. Explorative hol in Thailand from mid June with intention of a move over in Oct (It will take me that long to finalise things in UK - or it would be sooner.)

I run a few web sites, so will have many questions regarding all sorts of things relating to business, banking, insurance, etc etc. Look forward to the feed back, and hope one day to repay the help you may give.

Regards

D

Edited by Data

Hi all. New to here. Explorative hol in Thailand from mid June with intention of a move over in Oct (It will take me that long to finalise things in UK - or it would be sooner.)

I run a few web sites, so will have many questions regarding all sorts of things relating to business, banking, insurance, etc etc. Look forward to the feed back, and hope one day to repay the help you may give.

Regards

D

Welcome aboard. :o:D

I'm SOOO excited!

I am yer basic jerk approaching My middle age crisis.Love drewling

on the high street eyeing things I could never "Git" back home(and Buyin Um Cheap!).Swillin cheap beer on the beach.

Pretending I have a Legit Business on a tourist Visa and watching "Battlestar Galactica" reruns in the AM!

Oh and, Missunderstanding everything while pretending I am a genius and "Know it All"!

I feel I am REALLY going to fit in well here and have alot og good Pals!Yeehawww!

And "Splash,thump,womp,,Thud"!

Hi!

Hello

I am new here as a member but, have been reading in interest for over two yrs. I have travel to LOS many times and have had a couple of girl friends. But THAI VISA, has keep my interest in the email that I have receive. I find myself confused about Thai ladys and have posted my first topic. I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks

Sunlover

Hi There,

I have been a member of TV since 2005 but only for live updates...So I thought it time I should post!!

I have lived here since '96, mainly BKK and Surin but in the last 4 years re married and now happily reside just South of Kamphaengphet..

I am currently working away with the missus in East Africa and this seems to be the best way to keep upto date with the goings on in LOS.. :o

Hi folks

Backwards and forwards to Thailand like a yo-yo!!! Getting more like a commute now!!

Who am i kidding. Still love that feeling of boarding the aircraft for the flight to BKK. Fantastic :D

Got to now decide on my future and not if, but when to make it full-time in the Land of Smiles :o

Decisions decisions!!!!!

Laters

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

welcome-sm.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2551/2008, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :o

I am not a new member but I have (I think) a new question. My Thai partner (Isaan) has lerned by herself to speak enough for her to live with me for 3 years without either killing each other lol. I have learned the same or lesser amount of Thai (Plimsleur CD). "Put Thai Nit Noy Krap!"

Su Nan is now at the stage where she would like to learn more English and to read and write English. Knowing the poor state of the English teaching standards in Bangkok (We live in Bangna) and not wanting to go to Universiity level English, where on the Forums can I fiand a discussion of other peoples experiences of their Thai parnter's learning English. Good and bad?

Love & peace in Thailand,

Targaman :D

On behalf of the moderators, admin, and members of ThaiVisa, we wish to welcome all new members to the forum... and hope that you find our forum informative and enjoyable.

welcome-sm.jpg

This is the Welcome thread for 2551/2008, so post your introduction here.

Looking forward to hearing from our newest members. :o

Outstanding site. Been of great help.

Hi everyone,

I am a British guy and I'm about to move to Bangkok. I've been living in Hong Kong for the past 35 years.

Just over a year ago I was dating a Farang woman who lived in Ekkamai, so I was over quite often on weekends to see her, so I know parts of Bangkok relatively well.

I'll be working on Sukhumvit Soi 14 and living somewhere along the BTS although not sure where yet.

I'm really looking forward to coming over to live in Bangkok and hopefully meeting some of the members of this forum.

Thanks for all the advice I've read since finding the site.

Sean

Hi everyone,

I am a British guy and I'm about to move to Bangkok. I've been living in Hong Kong for the past 35 years.

Just over a year ago I was dating a Farang woman who lived in Ekkamai, so I was over quite often on weekends to see her, so I know parts of Bangkok relatively well.

I'll be working on Sukhumvit Soi 14 and living somewhere along the BTS although not sure where yet.

I'm really looking forward to coming over to live in Bangkok and hopefully meeting some of the members of this forum.

Thanks for all the advice I've read since finding the site.

Sean

:D:o

:o Sawatdi Kap

I've just joined the forum it does seem to have everything that I have been looking for and failing to find elsewhere.

While I'm here does anyone have the swift code for the TMB bank in Nongki, Burriram please?

there are also forums that are relevant to each particular region of Thailand. You will probably find quite a few people who share your interests and enjoy discussing the types of things that you mention. It is a good idea to read the forum rules

Edited by User2