Buyer Beware

mild7even

Take care buying from Amorn at Carrefour and Icon Plaza. It's a great shop but I've found them to be completely inflexible even just a few minutes after having bought the wrong size batteries.

The girl just pointed to the large [size="4"]"No Returns or Refunds"[/size] sign by the till and stonewalled me. It was only about 120 baht but I just wanted a different size, not a refund and given the small amount ended up keeping them for a rainy day.

Went somewhere else for the replacements on principle.

Wot would happen if the parachute that you bought from them didnt work......TIT :o

Because I know how things work in Thailand, I am quite content if a shop will give me a replacement that is worth the same price for something that turns out to not work with my equipment or to not be exactly what I was hoping for - instead of a refund.

I find most Thai shops are quite happy to let you trade something that you are not happy with for something that costs the same or more money even though they don't have to, so I consider most of them to be jai dee.

The ones that refuse to try to help in any way even they have nothing to lose make me sick. :o

• 1 month later...

Finally, a happy ending! I worked with my bank, USAA, to reverse the charge on my credit card. It took some time and lots of documentation but they finally reversed the charge and credited my account. Kudos to the bank, as they really weren't legally obligated to help me, but did so anyway.

They were going to require me to return to the store and get more documentation about the return, but I've temporarily moved back to the US and couldn't make it back. USAA understood and did it anyway.

So, do you think I'm going to remain a loyal customer of USAA? hel_l yes!

And IT City? No way. In fact, for larger purchases, I'd rather buy in the states, or even look into return experiences in Malaysia or Singapore. Obviously this won't work for everything--my recent washing machine purchase, for example.

I ended up purchasing a new laptop with a built in web camera--in the US.

I had an experience with ITcity a few years ago with an HP printer that crapped out on me several times during the first year under warantee and I can honestly say that they treated me right, three times fixing it until i learned by watching them how to fix it myself. it was a mechanical thing and had to get into the machine part of it to fix.

The da@$&*mn HP then finally bit the dust a week after the 1 yr warantee and I immediately fired off an 'irate customer' email direct to their Singapore customer realtions and after a few exchanges, the HP people sent me a partial credit to IT city that i used to buy a cannon printer.

So, I can say my experience was a 'happy ending' and I was satisfied with both HP and IT.

Maybe you should contact the maker of your webcam??