Riddle - "bananas"

A poor farmer has two bunch of bananas, each bunch containing 100 bananas. Where he stays, it's impossible to sell even one banana (I dunno why too... maybe they dun eat bananas at all... hahaha....). Left with no choice, he decides to go overseas to sell off these bananas to earn some money.

However, in order to reach the place where bananas are in high demand, and can fetch good money, he needs to cross 100 borders. But at each border, he will be taxed one banana for every bunch.

By the time he reach his destination, how many bananas have he left to sell?

Let's see, in mathematical terms,

2 bunches x 100ban/bunch = 200 bananas

Less:

Tax on banana bunches x #of bunches x #of borders = total tax

1 banana tax/bunch x 2bunches/border x 100 borders = 200 bananas?

100bananas per bunch x 2 = 200 bananas less 200 bananas tax =

= 0 bananas leftover?

But wait!

What if he pays all the tax from one bunch, versus if he pays one banana off of each bunch every time he crosses the border? ? ?

Then

Total tax = 2bunches/border x 1banana/bunch x 50 borders = 100 bananas, PLUS 1bunch/border x 1banana/bunch x 50 borders (=50 bananas) =Total Tax 150 bananas

Giving us 200 bananas - 150 bananas = 50 bananas.

So I suppose the answer is, "It depends". On how he pays the banana tax.

Thank you.

Rubbish! He can't take bananas through customs unless he has an export/import permit, so the logical answer is NONE.....oh and bananas go off after a few days too.

Are you hitting some lateral thinking website here AA?

Edited by Momo8

Rubbish! He can't take bananas through customs unless he has an export/import permit, so the logical answer is NONE.....oh and bananas go off after a few days too.

Ha! Ha! Ha!

I don't see myself standing in the excise or food & administration department friend, if I am not mistaken this is the jokes, riddles and puzzles department and I guess 'Anything Goes' in here.

Here's something my son asked me a few days back and it puzzled me, maybe someone in here could help.

He said, suppose there are three people standing in a cue waiting to buy a movie ticket. The person standing next to the counter says I have two people waiting behind me. The person standing last says I have two people standing infront of me. The middle person comes up with, I have two people ahead and two people behind me. How is that possible?

Ha! Ha! Ha!

I don't see myself standing in the excise or food & administration department friend, if I am not mistaken this is the jokes, riddles and puzzles department and I guess 'Anything Goes' in here.

Here's something my son asked me a few days back and it puzzled me, maybe someone in here could help.

He said, suppose there are three people standing in a cue waiting to buy a movie ticket. The person standing next to the counter says I have two people waiting behind me. The person standing last says I have two people standing infront of me. The middle person comes up with, I have two people ahead and two people behind me. How is that possible?

maybe they're friends and they're standing kind of in a circle?

Obviously drunk unless he's counting the people behind the counter.
Maybe one of them is facing backwards too.
Which can't be good :o

Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!

That's the reaction my son had when I gave him all the different answers, but when he gave me the answer I gave him a big hug, don't you all give me a kick.

He said, the person in the middle is telling a lie.

:D

Obviously drunk unless he's counting the people behind the counter.
Maybe one of them is facing backwards too.
Which can't be good :D

Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!

That's the reaction my son had when I gave him all the different answers, but when he gave me the answer I gave him a big hug, don't you all give me a kick.

He said, the person in the middle is telling a lie.

:D

:o

I vote for that as the best answer, case closed!