Problems With Cat Internet The Past Few Days?

edwardandtubs

My CAT connection has been playing up for a couple of days. It was fine for over 2 months but now while I remain connected the connection is going up and down (if you see what I mean) so I can't use anything that requires a constant connection. Any other CAT users having problems?

My CAT connection has been playing up for a couple of days. It was fine for over 2 months but now while I remain connected the connection is going up and down (if you see what I mean) so I can't use anything that requires a constant connection. Any other CAT users having problems?

I have serious lags in download speed fairly consistently. When all is well, I get about 1700 kbps, or better. But it drops, all too often, to under 300! I've complained about it. They claim that the BKK office gives them inferior equipment to work with here in the Pattaya area. I, in turn, suggested that should dam_n well charge far less than 2700 baht per month for such inconsistent delivery of the promissed speeds!

I suggest that you file a formal complaint, at the office, about it. They have a form for doing so. Demand a refund of part of your monthly fee for their failures. This is the only way to get their attention. If enough people do this, perhaps they will take some action. Perhaps being the key word there! :-(

I also have had problems over the last week when my connection speed which is usually 1000 kbps will suddenly drop to 3.5 and maybe then continue but usually will just stop. I have been trying to download a program upgrade for several days but no success due to the line dropping speed but maintaining the connection. Like your experience, until a week ago the service to me was very reliable.

Will go to the CAT office in Pattaya and fill in a complaint form as suggested by patsfangr

They have had a few problems over the last couple of days, up and down like a whores drawers, but seems fine now. I have been with them for nearly 2 years, and find they are the most reliable/ consistent in Pattaya, after having tried Maxnet (TT&T), JI net, TOT and Loxinfo.

If you are having regular problems, ask to speak to Gig at the Pattaya Thai office. She speaks good English and seems to get things done.

The fact they are not getting full support from Bkk is probably true!

I too have spoken with Gig, and they have requests outstanding for expansion of their service areas where there is a lot demand/inquiries, but no approvals are forthcoming from headoffice...

I’m afraid this situation is just normal , if you look at the continuous

Daily postings from people who are so fed up with the poor quality

of the internet service , we have to remember here in Thailand

what you pay for and have been promised means absolutely nothing

Customer service is as bad as it could get , guarantees and assurances are

Just words to fob you off, pay your money and then they couldn't care less

what a sad state of affairs ....

VP

Problems With Cat Internet The Past Few Days Years?

Yes, always problems, it's just a matter of degree. When you've been using them for awhile what used to be big problems start to feel smaller.

Crossing your fingers and hoping for the best is all you can really do. :o

Edited by tropo

Seems more or less back to normal now. If 2 or 3 days of unusable internet every 2 or 3 months is the norm then that's not good but it could be worse. If CAT is the best option in Pattaya I hate to think what the worse options are like.

Don't even think about it. CAT is best Pattaya has to offer by far.

Same here. Yesterday I got my bill for December, due by the 25th December! They haven't cut me off yet so I might see how long I can get away with it.

Since I was having trouble connecting to the Forum, I ran a speed test while waiting. Speakeasy read 81 KBPS DOWNLOAD!

As for the billing, I confess to total bewilderment on what the he*ll they are doing! My bills for both November and December arrived days after the 25th due date, and both were dated the 14th! ????? <deleted>??!!!

(Just ran another speed test before posting this. Apparently, they've FIXED the problem. I've FLICKING SOARED TO 104 NOW!!)

Well I am idling for weeks on 56k speed with my Maxnet Indy 1 Mbps package. It just sucks. All was good before the doubled the line speed for free.

Is CAT really an alternative. What is their English website, what are their options, and where is their office?

Thanks.

Well I am idling for weeks on 56k speed with my Maxnet Indy 1 Mbps package. It just sucks. All was good before the doubled the line speed for free.

Is CAT really an alternative. What is their English website, what are their options, and where is their office?

Thanks.

Yeah, it's never recovered since they gave me double speed. I keep Maxnet as a back up to my CAT HiNet service.

CAT Telecom's head office is in a dedicated building on Pattaya Tai on the left side just after 3rd Road heading East, before you get to the Shell Station.

CAT Telecom

Edited by tropo

The one plus point with CAT (at least in Pattaya) is in the fact that they have a local office with reasonable knowledgeable staff, and quite friendly to boot.

Compared to the TOT office in Pattaya Klang CAT is an example at friendliness, weird considering the fact they also are a state enterprise.

The manager (the bloke with the nice tie and the glasses) is always friendly and has been in that office as long as I've been coming there (15 years!), and Gig, the women responsible for the internet/Hinet thing knows pretty good what's going on.

It seems a bit like they have problems getting things (expansions etc) approved by Bangkok, where they obviously don't think very highly of Pattaya...

Thanks.

if you want to solve your Maxnet problem then change your package to Premier from Indy, its 90 bath a month extra for less published speed than Indy but its on a different server and undersubscribed. its always fast, nearly achieves its advertised speed and never presents any problems, you will be one of 10 on premier rather than one of 20 on indy. trust me , sounds daft i know but it works, if it doesn't i will pay your 90 baht upgrade!

And the CRAP they have the nerve to call "ADSL" continues! EVERY SINGLE DAY, at some point or another, my speed drops BELOW 200 kbps!!

It is frustrating beyond words to be in my situation. I can NOT get a TT&T connection at my location, because their LOUSY FLICKING equipment has transmit range of 3- 5 kms, and I'm 7 kms away from the nearest transmitter!

So I go with CAT, at an OUTRAGEOUS FLICKING PRICE of 2700 baht/month, and I get THIS!!

It REALLY SUCKS to live in a 3rd World country that's a WANNABEE modern country!!

And the CRAP they have the nerve to call "ADSL" continues! EVERY SINGLE DAY, at some point or another, my speed drops BELOW 200 kbps!!

It is frustrating beyond words to be in my situation. I can NOT get a TT&T connection at my location, because their LOUSY FLICKING equipment has transmit range of 3- 5 kms, and I'm 7 kms away from the nearest transmitter!

So I go with CAT, at an OUTRAGEOUS FLICKING PRICE of 2700 baht/month, and I get THIS!!

It REALLY SUCKS to live in a 3rd World country that's a WANNABEE modern country!!

Welcome to Thailand

I actually moved home mid contract because of the ADSL failure (paid for 4 months but no consistent service). My new home despite TOT assurances also seems to have unresolvable problems...only 1 month so far since I purchased, no connection as yet but assure me they are dealing with hit.hahahahahha we'll see!

Welcome to Thailand

I actually moved home mid contract because of the ADSL failure (paid for 4 months but no consistent service). My new home despite TOT assurances also seems to have unresolvable problems...only 1 month so far since I purchased, no connection as yet but assure me they are dealing with hit.hahahahahha we'll see!

It's those "assurances" that elevate frustration to outright anger! If service is going to SUCK, TELL ME that it's going to suck, and CHARGE ME ACCORDINGLY! What pisses me off about CAT is that they promise a 2K speed, and charge 2700 baht/month for it. I ran a "Speakeasy" test just before starting this note. Result? 138 kbps!! That is UP from my last test, about 30 minutes ago, which got me a whopping 82 kbps ... FOR 2700 FLICKING BAHT PER MONTH!!

I would seriously advise anyone who is installing a new ADSL service to AVOID CAT, if you have any access to any other service. CAT is simply NOT worth the extra money!!