Now Im Married

Alright guys,

Just a quick question.

Now im married to a thai women, do i need a visa to travel to Thailand?

Its just I was told that now im married, I could live over there.

For example, if this is true, would I need to apply for a tourist visa, say if I was going over there for a couple of months.

Thanks.

Scotty.......

Its just I was told that now im married, I could live over there.

For example, if this is true, would I need to apply for a tourist visa, say if I was going over there for a couple of months.

Thanks.

Yes, now you could LIVE over here WITH another type of visa (O Visa). I'm surprised you didn't get any info from the embassy. Didn't you take your now wife to get paper done at your embassy?

Edited by legag

Being married to a Thai does not allow you any special entry privilidge. It will, however, allow you to apply for a non immigrant O visa at places that might not normally allow that visa to be issued to most applicants. That visa allows a 90 day stay (with no extension). It may also be obtained in a multi entry version that allows stays of up to 90 days for a one year period of time from issue. You should have marriage certificate and copy plus a signed/dated copy of spouse ID card if you wish to apply for this type of visa (although requirements can vary from Consulate to Consulate).

If a tourist visa is easier/cheaper you are free to continue to use them.