What I Saw Today In Pattaya

piker

The good news is that the warm weather has returned. Not to sound like a whiner but I like Hot Thailand all the time. Cool is fine but cold is not happening. The good news was my morning shag, the bad news was I had a dental appointment. D'oh!

I stop in at my favorite restaurant on soi Buakow which has no name but it's across the street from Stereo Bar. The atmosphere is horrible & hot but the food is cheap & outstanding. Some of the best Thai food I've ever had was here. Most dishes cost 55 baht & they're open 24 hours. I had my usual breakfast of Tom Yum Seafood Soup with coconut milk. I toss my rice into the soup which always raises eyebrows. Another good element by sharing tables, you get to meet some lookers occasionally. I've found my dinner and post dinner dessert there numerous times.

de804ed1.jpg

a2d2bced.jpg

1327e76f.jpg

This woman is a culinary genius.

23e2f87d.jpg

0fefa44d.jpg

d14807e8.jpg

eab8faa6.jpg

I am fascinated by police paraphernalia. I always visit the sales table whenever it's on. Amazingly handcuffs, tazer, pepper spray, current badges & patches, cop eye glasses, & most of the uniform can be purchased at the station. Now would be the appropriate time to say: "This is Thailand!"

1eee5fb3.jpg

86b83cb9.jpg

b980e0f1.jpg

9299d880.jpg

cb4dabe1.jpg

928e1057.jpg

c622ac6a.jpg

b8e192b5.jpg

"Ma'am, I'm going to have to subject you to another cavity search."

38291845.jpg

I visited the fine dentists at Pattaya International Hospital on soi 4. With a little pain comes pleasure if you can count the nurses' uniforms as eye candy (I do!).

7851107f.jpg

80edac1d.jpg

9630bf6e.jpg

684d8f14.jpg

I am fascinated by police paraphernalia. I always visit the sales table whenever it's on. Amazingly handcuffs, tazer, pepper spray, current badges & patches, cop eye glasses, & most of the uniform can be purchased at the station. Now would be the appropriate time to say: "This is Thailand!"

c622ac6a.jpg

[/b]

They sell these things to Joe Public? I though it was for sale to cops only...

I like the fact that it is done in a way that tells a little story. . . I mean if it belongs elsewhere fine, but not everyone has the same degree of experience -- it might seem completely brand new to them just as it must have to all of us at some point.

:o

Well I was a Pattaya resident for twelve years and still visit 3 or four times a year (leave cycle permitting) and I quite enjoy your tours and observations. Jaw dropping they may not be but they are snapshots of day to day life in Pattaya showing that a near normal life is possible in the city of sleaze.

To those who don't like piker's threads, don't open them. Is that too difficult a concept to grasp?

Well I was a Pattaya resident for twelve years and still visit 3 or four times a year (leave cycle permitting) and I quite enjoy your tours and observations. Jaw dropping they may not be but they are snapshots of day to day life in Pattaya showing that a near normal life is possible in the city of sleaze.

To those who don't like piker's threads, don't open them. Is that too difficult a concept to grasp?

I concur Phil. As you were, Piker :o

Yep, more interesting than half the crap that is posted by some folks, myself included. To all you 'been there and done that' people, did you post it on here? If you had, then Piker wouldn't have to do it now would he?

Piker - hows about just keeping it all on one thread instead of multiple ones? Cheers.

Piker - hows about just keeping it all on one thread instead of multiple ones? Cheers.

I will try if TV permits it. There seems to be allowances to the # of pics posted in 1 post. I might have to break it up but will do that for tomorrow.

I will try if TV permits it. There seems to be allowances to the # of pics posted in 1 post. I might have to break it up but will do that for tomorrow.

Just put them into another post.

Maybe pm Pattaya Fox and ask him if he can clean it up for you. i.e. merge all the threads into one. That way, tomorrow you just carry on with the same thread and post more piccies. :o

Fill your limit and post, wait 1 minute to avoid the flood control, and post the second lot in the same thread as a reply to the thread not to the post (the tab at the bottom of the thread) that way you won't "quote" the first part in the second part. That should keep you in one thread.

Not sure of a single on going thread, but one every couple of days being updated and a new thread every week should not be a problem.

Let those not interested not open the threads and stop whining, keep it up the reportage is interesting to see.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Today has been productive but not in the photographic sense. Went down to the pool bar which is run by my surrogate mom, Oy. She’s such a fantastic cook. She ensures I never lose my baby fat whilst in Thailand.

2008-01-10_00006.jpg

2008-01-10_00004.jpg

In my opinion the house special is the Chicken Vindaloo. It’s so popular that she ran out of the Vindaloo sauce today.

2008-01-10_00005.jpg

2008-01-10_00009.jpg

Woke up lazy and hairy today so I went down to soi Buakow across from the new R Con condo complex to get a proper shave with a straight edge razor for 50 baht. As they charge by space, I paid 100 baht for face & head.

2008-01-10_00001.jpg

2008-01-10_00018.jpg

2008-01-10_00029.jpg

Getting my money’s worth as they also throw in a 5 minute massage!

2008-01-10_00025.jpg

My neighbor who is a board member on some Pattaya boards: SteveBC (posted with permission).

2008-01-10_00007.jpg

My mate got to use my cam while I was getting clipped and did the typical: self portraits.

2008-01-10_00022.jpg

2008-01-10_00021.jpg

Soi Watermelon

2008-01-10_00019.jpg

THAI LOVES THAI?

We had lunch at Carrefour where I bought a neck massager I had been dreaming about for awhile. The model retails for 2500 baht. I sent my Thai mate to the sales table alone with instructions: “Thai love Thai. Go get me a good price.” She came back to my hiding spot around the corner and said “3000.” She slid the 2000 baht I had given her as the “praying for” price wasn’t happening so I went over and used my newly shaven smile to good use and got it for 2400 baht. Loving the massager and have had a good nap most of the afternoon.