True Packages - Any Difference?

JJDinsay

Wondering if there is a difference between the 590b offering that TRUE provides to any of their other packages. Wondering if they all get thrown on the same network - obviously all behind CAT. But they can't possibly provide this level of speed & service to their corporate packages. I'm still on the original 50 hr package for 1800bpm that I have been using for almost 2 years now and no complaints yet regarding speed. After reading some nightmare stories here and I'm afraid to move it - if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

You don't say what speed you get or what your package is so how can anyone answer you?

But will try. :o

The basic 590 baht plus VAT gets you a 24 hour ADSL circuit that you can use any time without need to worry about signing on and off or making telephone calls or tying up a phone line (if you using dial up).

The circuit speed for Thai sites seems to be pretty much as advertised. When used (as normal) for international sites it will top out at full speed but go down to dial up speeds for (normally short) periods.

If you are talking about a dial up package highly recommend the ADSL. But if you have a cooperate ADSL package that is always at full speed and need the speed you might not want to change even for the lower price.

Sorry for the lack of info and thanks for your answer.

Started out with 512/256 50hrs and then they upgraded me to 1024/512 for the same price to reward me for my "loyalty". But I've been hovering around 250/110 - 380-/190 speeds so it's been great. Only get really slow speeds when all of Thailand suffers when someone at CAT accidently trips on a power cord or something. I pretty much surf all international sites, sometimes I verify this using visualTrace Pro or something and these are the speeds I guess. I use PC PitStop at http://www.pcpitstop.com/internet/Bandwidth.asp for my bandwidth tests. I've tried McAfee (forgot the link - can someone paste it if they know?) but I tried to avoid it as they tend to be a bit generous with their readings (hovering between 300/180 - 450/190).