Don Muang Airport Immigration Office

Looks like I need to get a re-entry permit on a pending non-B visa for an unexpected trip. I have heard that this can be done at the Immigration office at Don Muang, but does anyone here know their hours, specifically, how early they open?

Thanks

They are open 24 hours just like the airport but understand they may have to find officer if in dead periods. You can only obtain after check-in so leave plenty of time.

If you have a chance I would get prior to travel from local immigration office as this would leave one less thing to go wrong.

I needed a re-entry 2 months ago at the airport. I was late, really late! It was 11pm and a lonely officer was sitting in his "box". It told him about my time problem. "Don't worry" was his answer, "in less than 5 minutes you can have your stamp." And he really delivered. Great service!

More than 20 times already I used this service at the airport. Never had any problems, yes and it's open (of course) 24 hours.

WC

The duty clerk actually sleeps on a cot inside that little cubicle (with cublicle darkened) - if you have a really early morning flight, you actually have to wake him up. The one time I did this, the guy proceeded to saunter through a nearby "airport staff" door, and disappear for about 20 mintes (shit, shower, shave, and a cup of coffee?) before coming back to grudgingly process my re-entry permit.

Cheers!

Indo-Siam

"Thanks for the quick replies and advice. I had not known that a boarding pass was necessary first, so glad I asked here! "

yes, of course. you are not allowed to plan ahead and use your brain in thailand. once , i flew to austraulia on a 16:30 flight. I had to pick up my ticket at the Qantas office. which didn't open until 14:30. i got to the airport early and decided to get my re-entry permit first ot avoid being rushed later. what a fool I was!!!

at suan plu you don't need anything, but at the airport you do. is there some logic to this?

"Thanks for the quick replies and advice. I had not known that a boarding pass was necessary first, so glad I asked here! "

yes, of course. you are not allowed to plan ahead and use your brain in thailand. once , i flew to austraulia on a 16:30 flight. I had to pick up my ticket at the Qantas office. which didn't open until 14:30. i got to the airport early and decided to get my re-entry permit first ot avoid being rushed later. what a fool I was!!!

at suan plu you don't need anything, but at the airport you do. is there some logic to this?

I daresay, the office at the airport is for 'emergency', only, resp. for bona fide travellers. Hence the demand to show a baording pass.

Anyway, repeat if you need it:

After check in bring:

1. Passport

2. Boarding pass

3. Picture

Time: 30 minutes

at building 1, 3rd floor

don't forget to fill in the form and have the cash.