The Yamaha Yzf-r15 150cc Roadbike

Richard-BKK

I expect Yamaha to introduce, or at least come with an introduction date at the 29th Bangkok Motorshow. First I was expecting, that Yamaha, would use the Bangkok Motorshow to introduce the new Nouvo Elegance (135cc), but as it seems they did not care to wait.

In Yamaha’s tradition they normally come with a surprise at the Bangkok Motor Show. At AP-Honda, some people got an official not talk to anybody about anything until the Bangkok Motor Show, so who knows what Honda has lining up…..

Back to the PR department of Yamaha, a few weeks ago we got a weird email that Yamaha Thailand was not planning to manufacture larger displacement motorcycle in Thailand and would select the import parts and final domestic assembly model (translated from Thai). With this email we could assume that Yamaha Thailand is going to sell and distribute there larger bikes in Thailand.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect Yamaha to introduce, or at least come with an introduction date at the 29th Bangkok Motorshow. First I was expecting, that Yamaha, would use the Bangkok Motorshow to introduce the new Nouvo Elegance (135cc), but as it seems they did not care to wait.

In Yamaha's tradition they normally come with a surprise at the Bangkok Motor Show. At AP-Honda, some people got an official not talk to anybody about anything until the Bangkok Motor Show, so who knows what Honda has lining up…..

Back to the PR department of Yamaha, a few weeks ago we got a weird email that Yamaha Thailand was not planning to manufacture larger displacement motorcycle in Thailand and would select the import parts and final domestic assembly model (translated from Thai). With this email we could assume that Yamaha Thailand is going to sell and distribute there larger bikes in Thailand.

Yes you are correct. The Yamaha shop next to Kad Suan Kaew has got a range of decent bikes (not too expensive) For example a naked 600cc is 440k Baht

Edited by helloall

Wait for the naked version due at the end of the year . . .

post-56770-1202828953_thumb.jpg

Do you know this for sure ?? Or is it just in the very likely category ??

What would people ballpark the pricing to be ?? 65 - 80 ??

At under 80 I am ready and waiting.. That looks superb..

Been searching all morning for more info.. Where did that pic source from ??

I can find info about a 150 gladiator in india, looks much lighter / smaller.. Also bears much more resemblance to a fazer 250 in india with a revised headlight..

I REALLY like that look tho, and for the roads and how I ride here thats kinda enough power.

Found on an indo forum..

Looks like an evolution of the v-ixion from what I can see.. Shame about the air cooled but I am really sold on the baby streetfighter look, just ideal for ease of use in the congestion as well as enough power for open road.

post-9246-1204863019_thumb.jpg

If Yamaha bring out anything like the bike linked from post 18 then I'll be the first in line to buy it.

The CBR150 ticks all the boxes except for one, it lacks style. Typical Honda really, I've owned a few and they have been outstanding in terms of reliability but I've never become attached to them like I have with Yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki bikes. Great when you are buying older bikes (I'm on the lookout for a decent VFR400) but on a brand new bike I'd always go Yamaha or Kawasaki.

If only they'd make the 250 Ninja available in Thailand - that would be the perfect compromise of size and power.

Reckon if it does come to market your second in line.. I am pitching a tent !!

Really it ticks so many boxes for Thailand.. Even has an 'out there' benefit of being road legal to import to ride around Vietnam.. Its under thier 175cc limit and it is listed in the infos I have found as being for Thailand, Malay, Indo, India And Vietnam.

I am watching news out of the BKK auto show closely. Emails to Yamaha Thailand and local yamaha centres in Thailand all been ignored of course.

Reckon if it does come to market your second in line.. I am pitching a tent !!

Really it ticks so many boxes for Thailand.. Even has an 'out there' benefit of being road legal to import to ride around Vietnam.. Its under thier 175cc limit and it is listed in the infos I have found as being for Thailand, Malay, Indo, India And Vietnam.

I am watching news out of the BKK auto show closely. Emails to Yamaha Thailand and local yamaha centres in Thailand all been ignored of course.

I don't know if you're American, but "I am pitching a tent !!" could have a very colorful slang meaning.

• 2 weeks later...
I think it is absolutely great looking (this is the 125 cc from Yamaha Europe Website).

post-30643-1200370225_thumb.jpg

Beautiful! I hope my CBR doesn't know I've been checking out these photos. I'll break it to her when the time is right.

The cbr 125 and the yamaha yzf 125 are made here in thailand and exported, they are a sleeved down 150 ,prices for the 125 in europe are over double of the 150 in thailand.

Have just received this completely useless response from Yamaha Japan - at least they didn't just ignore me!

In response to your inquiry of April 1, 2008, in which you requested to know our future planning on 150cc motorcycles in Thailand, we are afraid that we would like to refrain from making any comments on the information of our future product planning.

Looks like I'll be getting another CBR! :o

Have just received this completely useless response from Yamaha Japan - at least they didn't just ignore me!

In response to your inquiry of April 1, 2008, in which you requested to know our future planning on 150cc motorcycles in Thailand, we are afraid that we would like to refrain from making any comments on the information of our future product planning.

Looks like I'll be getting another CBR! :o

I was told by the Yamaha dealer on huay kaew rd (chiangmai) that this bike does exist but it is only for the INDIAN market (?!)

Edited by helloall

Multiple press releases do state, India Indo, Vietnam, Thailand, and maybe Malaysia ?? Basically for most of SE Asia.

But also be aware tho that what was shown in India was a 'prototype'.. More than a concept but perhaps less then the real vehicle. Speculation I read on some bike forums (yet I really did go hunting for info on this one :o ) said they expected skinnier back tyre, some other mods that one it down a little.

The reception its gained has been really positive, always makes a concept more likely to make the market.

http://www.bikervoodoo.com/2008/01/30/yama...ed-in-malaysia/

A much suckier (and probably more realistic) version being shown here... I have seen the old v-ixions on Bali and they are not looking like the FZ150 pictured at the indian motorshow. I am struggling to remember exactly but I think this pictured is what I saw in the flesh.

Oddly.. The v-ixion is made in indo (and they are talking about selling it in India) and the FZ 150 is made in india and they are talking about selling it in indo.. Surely thats a conflict. 2 models, very much similar in design queues, competing within same markets.. Seems overly complex to me. Heres hopeing the indian version is the upgrade on the older indo styled machine.

The indian one does get plenty of coverage on the indian yammy site in its present form.. Dont know if that means its likely to stay close to the prototype as the older v ixion doesnt have that x factor personally.

Some interesting press releases on the Yamaha India site. They say the YZF-R15 will be released into the India market mid year (although shown off at the Auto Expo 2008). Also an interesting article about DiASil cylinder technology (as used in the Spark135, the new Nouvo Elegance and the Indian YZF-R15). http://www.yamaha-motor-india.com/press_re...March1101.shtml

I bike around Bangkok and some of those auto scooters really go; with this DiASil type techology, increasing the power while reducing the weight, the power to weight ratio's increase and thus improvement in acceleration! I find it difficult keeping up with the autos using a traditional 6 speed gearbox on a 150cc sports bike; I mean the stop/start nature of Bangkok traffic!

Some interesting press releases on the Yamaha India site. They say the YZF-R15 will be released into the India market mid year (although shown off at the Auto Expo 2008). Also an interesting article about DiASil cylinder technology (as used in the Spark135, the new Nouvo Elegance and the Indian YZF-R15). http://www.yamaha-motor-india.com/press_re...March1101.shtml

I bike around Bangkok and some of those auto scooters really go; with this DiASil type techology, increasing the power while reducing the weight, the power to weight ratio's increase and thus improvement in acceleration! I find it difficult keeping up with the autos using a traditional 6 speed gearbox on a 150cc sports bike; I mean the stop/start nature of Bangkok traffic!

Are you sure the reason you find it difficult to keep isn't the fact that you value your life? :o

Are you sure the reason you find it difficult to keep isn't the fact that you value your life? :o

Agreeing with dave boo. I recently passed a Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 because he was not even trying. Then a kamikaze schoolboy on a Honda 125 blew past me, in a hurry to attend his own funeral. I never was a pro racer. If a little old lady on a Dream 100 and two children passes me, mai bpen rai. Surely some of the Thais I do overtake in a blur feel the same about me.

• 2 weeks later...