Telephoning U.k.

SARGEY

Is it possible to buy in Chiang Mai ,a pre paid sim card for an old Nokia mobile I have. Approximate cost, number of International minutes available, and where to buy would be great. Thanks for your help.

hi, you can buy pre paid sims from most of the 7-11's (as cheap as 49 thb) also top up there also, i use orange (true move) network which is good in chiang mai.

regarding calling home, the best price is to buy an Hatari international card (also 7-11) you get 300, 500 and 1000thb and its only 4thb per minute to call uk.

if you call from your sim card its usually around 15 thb per minute.

hope this helps

thai miller

Don't forget that calling on Skype is either free or 1.2p per minute to a normal land line in the UK.

Another useful tip: Your UK friends can call you on your mobile (with a Thai sim card) by using Savacall. If they call from any UK landline and dial

0844 707 0070 (wait for message) 0066 plus you mobile number omitting the leading zero it only costs them a bargain 4p per minute. More details and rates from the UK to other countries here

Wish I got commission on that service :o

PS That's how you discover who your true friends are. If they still don't call you after you give them this info........

Edited by Greenside

you can get a Voip device which allow you to call UK-- for about 3-5 baht per min ,

you need a internet connection and a Voip to phone socket device ,.

and top up like 1000 baht to start . the device cost about 3500 baht with 300 baht free credit i think .. if you interested let me know

i use it before and is as clear a 001 phone line compare to those online download program voip call and almost no buffer

you can get a Voip device which allow you to call UK-- for about 3-5 baht per min ,

you need a internet connection and a Voip to phone socket device ,.

and top up like 1000 baht to start . the device cost about 3500 baht with 300 baht free credit i think .. if you interested let me know

i use it before and is as clear a 001 phone line compare to those online download program voip call and almost no buffer

Ta-tootoo, I thought you were the Frugal One?

You can use www.jajah.com, which works similar to Skype in that calls to other Jahjah users are free. I find that the call quality is better and I like that I can set it up so that I can use either my landline or my mobile and not be tied to my computer. No need to purchase a headset and mike. Only cost is the $10 deposit for calls to non-Jajah users.

The one i am talking about is HArdware oversea Voipcall .. the Software cannot be as good ..

the different is a TT&T chip or is it texas insuturcment Chip inside .

which make a whole lot different , is the same that ToT and many country offer .

The advice to put an 8 0r a 9 after the two zeros is good advice. That's what I do and its not too bad. You get the convenience of calling from your Thai mobile and it is cheap - I think 8 or 9 Baht a minute.

For me to call the UK I dial 00944 followed by my friends UK number (minus the first zero of their dialing code, of course)