Finding An Architect/builder

markn

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be a very rare species these ‘Architect’s” . I have been looking around myself on various forums with very little luck.

What I have found out is that prices vary considerably. Depends on what you want.

Just to buy an off the shelve blue print to summit to the powers that be can cost 10k to 50k.

Custom design or modified off the shelve will cost more.

If you want them to supply list of building materials that’s extra.

If they are to follow up and monitor the actual construction add more.

Find out what they offer at what price. I have heard anywhere from 3-10% of the building cost.

What area and what type of house you plan to build will ultimately decide on the Architect

I am planning to build me 2 villa's of approx. 250 m2 interior space on 1 rai each.

Does anyone know or have experience with Patum Design?

http://www.pd.co.th/eng/model_eng/model_eng.php

Can anyone perhaps reflect on the prices they are asking?

All info and suggestions are more than welcome.

Regards

I am currently working with an excellent architect/builder...We have been revising the plan for several months and are getting close to what I want and he can build.

I hesitate to suggest him beccause you have never stated what part of Thailand you are in...My builder happens to be in Udon Thani, but if you are in BKK, it would do you no good...Maybe a little more info might bring some response..

Stoneman

I am planning to build me 2 villa's of approx. 250 m2 interior space on 1 rai each.

Regards

I am currently working with an excellent architect/builder...We have been revising the plan for several months and are getting close to what I want and he can build.

I hesitate to suggest him beccause you have never stated what part of Thailand you are in...My builder happens to be in Udon Thani, but if you are in BKK, it would do you no good...Maybe a little more info might bring some response..

Stoneman

Stoneman,

Off topic, sorry to the OP but....

Which architect/builder are you using in Udon?. We have finished building in Udon, but I know from hard and bitter experience a couple of the cowboys in Udon. They look great up front (good offices, can show you houses they say they have built, but....) PM me if you do not want to put it in the open. If it is one of a couple I can tell you a hair raising story! :o

Regards

If your looking for a builder in the Pattaya area i can help, pm me for more details, or you can see my banner in the Pattaya forum, pattaya news clippings

Rosegate Building Consultants

Regards

Stoneman

Stoneman,

Off topic, sorry to the OP but....

Which architect/builder are you using in Udon?. We have finished building in Udon, but I know from hard and bitter experience a couple of the cowboys in Udon. They look great up front (good offices, can show you houses they say they have built, but....) PM me if you do not want to put it in the open. If it is one of a couple I can tell you a hair raising story! :o

Yorkman..

The name of the builder is Samruay Wongwai ....He is currently building a house in Ban Nong Wor Sor and it is about 2 blocks from our location...We submitted drawings of our ideas and he has put them into architectural design drawings.. He has been very cooperative and professional...

Stoneman

I looked at the Web site for Patum Design after I posted yesterday. They seem to be a full service outfit from design to building. Looks interesting, let us know who you choice and how they work out. It will be at least 6 months before I get to the stage of sit down with designer, So I will keep on trolling the boards for more info

Yorkman..

The name of the builder is Samruay Wongwai ....He is currently building a house in Ban Nong Wor Sor and it is about 2 blocks from our location...We submitted drawings of our ideas and he has put them into architectural design drawings.. He has been very cooperative and professional...

Stoneman

Stoneman,

Ok thats not one of them :o

Yorkman..

Stoneman

Stoneman,

You could try smilehomes.com for designs and plans complete with BOQ

Please let me know how things go with the builder as I am planning on having a house built in udon later this year.

I would also like to know which builders not too use

Edited by terrythesparky

Thanks so far for your replies.

The area where I want to build is near Don Sak and Sura Thani. There is not a lot of building going on over there. I guess thats why I'm having problems finding me an architect and builders. I don't want to have builders or any other services over from Samui, since they are charging way too much.

The plan consists of two villa's, each about 300 sqm interior space both on one rai of land. Both on the beach.

Looking forward to hear from you. A Bangkok-based architect will do as well.

Thanks, I'll let you know.

I've had a look at smilehomes.com

Did i miss something or is it only in Thai?

Yorkman..

Stoneman

Stoneman,

You could try smilehomes.com for designs and plans complete with BOQ

Please let me know how things go with the builder as I am planning on having a house built in udon later this year.

I would also like to know which builders not too use

• 3 weeks later...