Can't Find A Decent Moisturising Lotion

edwardandtubs

I need a facial moisturising lotion with 1) no perfume/parfum/fragrance 2) no petrolatum/mineral oil and ideally 3) no whitening ingredients.

I tried Boots and the supermarkets but couldn't find anything suitable. The only thing that comes close is Cetaphil cream available in Fascino but I really need a lotion. Also there's some Eucerin stuff that costs 1500 baht but contains either whitening ingredients or an anti-ageing serum, neither of which I really need.

Could anyone recommend anything available in Thailand? I might order from the internet but I'm worried about massive Thai customs charges.

I tried Boots and the supermarkets but couldn't find anything suitable. The only thing that comes close is Cetaphil cream available in Fascino but I really need a lotion. Also there's some Eucerin stuff that costs 1500 baht but contains either whitening ingredients or an anti-ageing serum, neither of which I really need.

that's terrible! you have my sympathy.

Actually, my dad is allergic to dyes and perfumes so any moisturizing lotion, soap and laundry detergent must be dye and fragrance free. You do have my sympathies, not easy to find here. Eucerin does make a very good lotion --perhaps you can ask at some other stores if they have non-whitening kinds.

Fragrance and petrolatum irritate my skin. Eucerin do make good products but their normal facial moisturiser is not available in Thailand and 1500 baht seems a lot of money to test out their anti-ageing and whitening products.

Edited by edwardandtubs

You could go upscale and buy something from Clinique. They sell it at Robinsons.

I've always liked Nivea CoQ10. You're supposed to be able to use it anywhere on your body, but I used it as a hand lotion. Not oily at all.

I've seen it in Carrefour.

Edited by expatwannabe

Edward; you will have a hard time to find truely natural/chemical/alcohol free stuff here. Even Bodyshop/Boots "Natural" series Etc. are full of parabens/alcohols(wood)/colors/perfumes Etc. I simply use natural virgin coconut oil being sold many places here - initially I feared that it would be too oily - but the shine dissappears quickly as the oil penetrates. Google for the benefits.

I added a few drops of essential oils, lemon, peppermint and lavender for smell/effect. Even use it for shaving occasionally too if not too bearded (use more water on blade/face than usual if do so).

Cheers!