British Brothel Madam Extradited From Thailand After Jumping Bail

sriracha john

i knew some of the girls that worked there. One is a regular down nana plaza, they knew full well what thet would be doing in the uk. They did pay 10,000 to get there but did make up to 1000 per day. They were not kept as slaves but lived in very nice houses that they paid for themselves.. any money they had was confiscated by the police and they were sent back penniless.

Im afraid a lot of the facts in this story are missing.The story has been sensationalised by the press beyond belief to make the girls appear as desperate victims. Most were hardcore bar girls before they chose to go the uk.Whatever your views on prostitution are, its a shame the press and police have really not got all sides of this story.

i knew some of the girls that worked there. One is a regular down nana plaza, they knew full well what thet would be doing in the uk. They did pay 10,000 to get there but did make up to 1000 per day. They were not kept as slaves but lived in very nice houses that they paid for themselves.. any money they had was confiscated by the police and they were sent back penniless.

Im afraid a lot of the facts in this story are missing.The story has been sensationalised by the press beyond belief to make the girls appear as desperate victims. Most were hardcore bar girls before they chose to go the uk.Whatever your views on prostitution are, its a shame the press and police have really not got all sides of this story.

OK, so ONE girl out of say 10 may have gone in with her eyes (and legs) wide open. The rest don't matter.

OK, and they lived in decent digs and were allowed to keep their bogus passports with dodgy visas. I see.

OK, so it's the UK police that are the bad guys.... now I understand. I think.

I would wager if the UK police, with the full cooperation of the Thai police, apprehended, charged, extradited and prosecuted this woman successfully, then the "other side of the story" may only be of use to those still trafficking and wishing to avoid the same mistakes.

OK, so ONE girl out of say 10 may have gone in with her eyes (and legs) wide open. The rest don't matter.

OK, and they lived in decent digs and were allowed to keep their bogus passports with dodgy visas. I see.

OK, so it's the UK police that are the bad guys.... now I understand. I think.

I would wager if the UK police, with the full cooperation of the Thai police, apprehended, charged, extradited and prosecuted this woman successfully, then the "other side of the story" may only be of use to those still trafficking and wishing to avoid the same mistakes.

of the five girls i knew that worked there, all knew what they were doing. Only 2 people were found to have false documents out of the entire staff which was more than five. some are back in the uk doing the same thing again, and they chose to.

Fairly common that it's their own people that trick them in scams.

Like the whole "go to Britain and work as a cleaner and put up your land as loan-safety'-scam that is going on, with so low salaries that it's impossible to pay back the inflated cost for 'VISA, work permit and flight' the 'agent' takes.

Edited by TAWP

Not all Thai girls are aware of "the deal".

I know a girl who thought she was going to stay in Denmark with her boyfriend but when she arrived her passport was taken and then made aware of the deal.

Luckily for her she knew another Thai women there married to a Dane who came over before anything happened and persuaded this gang to return her passport and let her return to Thailand. The gang involved the "boyfriend" and a thai women and I suspect other men who brought girls over as "girlfiends". Devious scum.

I felt particularly bad because the wife and I had helped the girl write emails to the scumbag "boyfriend" and translate incoming messages.

I know of a another girl who had exactly the same experience in Denmark. She managed to escape to a friends house.

i met a very nice thai working girl in the UK she worked in kent and essex areas. she is very well educated studied in chaing mai at university.

she new exactly what she was going to uk for... the money, as her father had died leaving her family in debt. i admired her guts, left university, first time out of thailand, and first time as a prostitute.

cost her 8000 pounds, was given a room free to stay at mama-sam house, was shown areas and addresses to work, how to get there etc, worked 7 days a week, somtimes 30 clients a day.

paid the money back, carried on working went up market, and worked central london.

she is now home in chaing mai, and back at university, paid all her fathers gambling debts, bought land and built a house, and bought a buisness for her mother to work, she also paid of a bank debt, and got a farm shop back they owned, and is also now buying a small terraced bungalow, from income from the shop.

a very honest hard working girl, and we remain good friends, and keep in touch....its not all same!

Another side to this whole thing you notice that the extradition and prosecution was handled by just two DC (Detective Constables) -- lowest rank, unlike Thailand where to get any thing done requires a 'General'.

I agree it's nice to see a straightforward, well considered prosecution done by 'working class' cops being upheld. Too many bang-up jobs result in the guilty walking free because the prosecution was flawed, willingly or otherwise.