"indefintately" Renewble One-year Visa

Is this right?

This is (an excerpt) a letter to the editor of today's Bangkok Post

(married to thai) ..."he would would qualify automatically for a renewal one year visa" (if he had a thai kid - even if the Thai wife rejected him)

This goes for anyone? Thai visa types is this right??? Wife dumps you - but you can still say you're here to look after the kid?

Edited by thaigene2

I just talked to my reliable source (another visa company, not Thai Visa)about this and he assured me that married to a Thai does not require that the married man be over 50 years old.

They are talking about getting a yearly extension if you have a Thai Child. You have to be over 50 years old.

I just talked to my reliable source (another visa company, not Thai Visa)about this and he assured me that married to a Thai does not require that the married man be over 50 years old.

They are talking about getting a yearly extension if you have a Thai Child. You have to be over 50 years old.

OK - but the Post Mailbag writer said he would "qualify automatically" - but judging by your responses, it's not automatic - just possible. I wonder why they placed the age caveate? Anyone knhow why the father has to be at least 50+?

OK - but the Post Mailbag writer said he would "qualify automatically" - but judging by your responses, it's not automatic - just possible. I wonder why they placed the age caveate? Anyone knhow why the father has to be at least 50+?

It is so that the child has the right to take care of his/her elderly parent, as is the Thai custom.

Under age 50 they qualify to apply for non immigrant O visa visits. This may be issued in single entry or multi (one year validity) version. But stays are limited to 90 days. They could also apply for 60 day extension of stay once under provision 7.23 to visit child.

I am going to Suan Phlu in about a week to get a new visa for living with my Thai child.

My other visa to support my Thai wife expired in September while I was working offshore so I had to get another 3 month Non-Imm "O" visa and start again.

As far as I can tell you need to be over 50 and have a Thai child. It seems as though there is no need to prove income (though I can) BUT your child and wife (legal or defacto) MUST be present at every renewal of the visa along with all the relevant paperwork. I am following Badbankers advice from last year on the documnets required as well as some from Sunbelt. Also it seems as though you need photos as well since the last couple of months.

I will update the forum on my luck with my visa as and when it happens.

:o:D

Under age 50 they qualify to apply for non immigrant O visa visits.

Ah, yes, that’s right; the quoted letter to the Bangkok post talked about one-year visas (obtainable from a Thai consulate), not about one-year extensions (obtainable from local immigration office)

--

Maestro

I am going to Suan Phlu in about a week to get a new visa for living with my Thai child....

For a new visa, go to a Thai consulate. For an extension of stay, go to and immigration office such as Suan Phlu.

--

Maestro

I am going to Suan Phlu in about a week to get a new visa for living with my Thai child.

My other visa to support my Thai wife expired in September while I was working offshore so I had to get another 3 month Non-Imm "O" visa and start again.

As far as I can tell you need to be over 50 and have a Thai child. It seems as though there is no need to prove income (though I can) BUT your child and wife (legal or defacto) MUST be present at every renewal of the visa along with all the relevant paperwork. I am following Badbankers advice from last year on the documnets required as well as some from Sunbelt. Also it seems as though you need photos as well since the last couple of months.

I will update the forum on my luck with my visa as and when it happens.

:o:D

Good luck Bill.

I am going to Suan Phlu in about a week to get a new visa for living with my Thai child....

For a new visa, go to a Thai consulate. For an extension of stay, go to and immigration office such as Suan Phlu.

--

Maestro

Sorry Maestro.

I am falling into my usual mistake of mixing up a visa and an extension of stay AGAIN.

I got the Non-Imm "O" in Penang at the end of October and I am going for the extension of stay based on being over 50 and living with my Thai child.

My wife keeps telling me that my memory is going and I think she may be right as it is a combination of age 63 and SangSom with soda. Maybe I should take coke instaed of the soda.

Quote dr_Pat_Pong

Good luck Bill.

Thanks Doc I may need it.

My wife keeps telling me that my memory is going and I think she may be right as it is a combination of age 63 and SangSom with soda. Maybe I should take coke instaed of the soda.

Do it!I'm the same age,since new year drink it with coffein-free coke.I'm sure it works :o

--

Maestro

Sorry Maestro.

I am falling into my usual mistake of mixing up a visa and an extension of stay AGAIN.

I got the Non-Imm "O" in Penang at the end of October and I am going for the extension of stay based on being over 50 and living with my Thai child.

Quote dr_Pat_Pong

Good luck Bill.

Thanks Doc I may need it.

Nam Soda dee gwar na. :o