5 Killed In Bangkok Car Crash

george

5 killed in Bangkok car crash

post-128-1200108031_thumb.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Five were killed and another severely injured after a speeding car lost control and crashed into an auto showroom on Srinakharin Road early Saturday, police said.

The accident happened at about 2:30 am on the outbound Srinakharin Road in Suanluang district.

The car crashed into the CBU Auto Group showroom and damaged several of its cars.

Three men died at the scene and two others died at the Vibharam Hospital.

Police quoted a security officer of the showroom as saying that he saw two cars racing against each other and one of them lost control and become airborne and overturn when coming down a bridge.

Five men were hurled out of the car while it was overturning before crashing into the show room.

The driver, Piyapong Silapat, 24, died behind the wheel. His passengers were all hurled outside.

-- The Nation 2008-01-12

Driver got what he deserved for racing with 4 people on board with a heavy car and probably not even fit for racing, and, on a public road in the first place. SHould have stuck to his playstation.

my future wive is a new driver and she stay in Bkk, she drive good, but with fools like that on the road i say ... good they are killed they cant do more harm

Atleast no-one innocent died.

(And telling that all 4 passangers where hurled outside the car = no seatbelts. A relative of mine died in a violent crash (proffesional race driver) with a tree but his partner got away completely unharmed in the passanger seat. But they where wearing seatbelts...)

Driver got what he deserved...

Very well put and completely agree...better such fools are off the road for good :o

Would you make such a statement to the families of the deceased? For all we know, aside from this lapse in judgement, the deceased could have been very good kids. They often are.It is a common behaviour and one that they usually grow out of. Most often the idiot boys grow into contributing members of society.

Multiple adolescent males = sense of invincibility, group think & inability to process & comprehend inherent risk. The adolescent brain isn't fully developed to process risks in the same way as the adult brain.

Not an excuse for the stupidity, but adolescent males just don't think the same way as adult males.

Very well put and completely agree...better such fools are off the road for good :o

Would you make such a statement to the families of the deceased? For all we know, aside from this lapse in judgement, the deceased could have been very good kids. They often are.It is a common behaviour and one that they usually grow out of. Most often the idiot boys grow into contributing members of society.

Multiple adolescent males = sense of invincibility, group think & inability to process & comprehend inherent risk. The adolescent brain isn't fully developed to process risks in the same way as the adult brain.

Not an excuse for the stupidity, but adolescent males just don't think the same way as adult males.

The roads here let you encounter this kind of sense of invincibility, inability to process or comprehend inherent risk, at a rate of about every minute or so. Thai men, bus drivers, mini vans, taxis, are no better than the teenagers. Road viruses are the main reason we are leaving this country, education comes in second.

My condolences to the family and friends of the victims.

Having once been young and having done some stupid things, I have a feeling of regret for these lost lives. I cannot condone racing, especially in the city on crowded roads, but unfortunately in this "lesson" nothing has been learned. The students are now dead.

RIP

Driver got what he deserved for racing with 4 people on board with a heavy car and probably not even fit for racing, and, on a public road in the first place. SHould have stuck to his playstation.

my future wive is a new driver and she stay in Bkk, she drive good, but with fools like that on the road i say ... good they are killed they cant do more harm

If laws are vague and or not enforced then we can expect more lawlessness. I learned in a criminology class: No punishment/No Crime. And what I continue reading seems like few laws are taken seriously. Unfortunately the rest of society- mainly the poor- suffer. Are the police visible during "off hours"?

Then do not allow them to get behind the wheel of a deadly missile.

Very well put and completely agree...better such fools are off the road for good :D

The roads here let you encounter this kind of sense of invincibility, inability to process or comprehend inherent risk, at a rate of about every minute or so. Thai men, bus drivers, mini vans, taxis, are no better than the teenagers. Road viruses are the main reason we are leaving this country, education comes in second.

Please these people 20 years only drove Buffalo, what do you expect :o