Accompanying Paperwork For Spouse/dependent

I am heading to Suan Phlu on Tuesday, 15 Jan.

I have my TM 7 and supporting documents prepared and ready.

My wife who is both a Thai and American citizen came here with me on her American passport. I am preparing her supporting documents and what I have so far is an additional TM 7 with her identifying information on it (reason for extension: to stay with retired spouse in Thailand), our Thai marriage certificate (no need for translation I would assume), and copies of appropriate pages of her American passport w/90-day reporting slips. Would this be all she needs to get her Retired dependent Thai visa?

I am using the 65,000 baht per month scenario. Didn't plan on getting a bank letter since the verification of income from the American Embassy and pages from my bank passbook showing a steady monthly influx of pretty near 70,000 baht for the last 12 months would seem to suffice.

On the Thai Visa web site it shows a sample of a completed TM 7. It doesn't show the second page. Does the second page get filled in or is it left blank and filled in later at Immigration?

I dread this coming Tuesday, but I'm going to suck it up and press on. :o

There is only one page, two sides. And yes the back has to be filled out too. Why is your wife using a US passport? She will have to do the extra paperwork and make address reports for no real reason. But if she is Thai and has an ID card there is no reason to extend as your dependent as she is always free to obtain one year extensions of stay as a Thai citizen. One of the supporting documents is your passport with a one year extension of stay stamped in it if she needs to use the dependent thing. What visas do you have? She would have to have a non immigrant visa entry to use dependent.

Thanks Lopburi for your help.

"Why is your wife using a US passport? She will have to do the extra paperwork and make address reports for no real reason."

It was a year ago and it seemed all too easy to send our passports off to Los Angeles, pay the fee, and get our passports stamped with the Non-Immigrant O-A visa.

"But if she is Thai and has an ID card there is no reason to extend as your dependent as she is always free to obtain one year extensions of stay as a Thai citizen."

She has a Thai ID card. How does she do this 'one year extensions of stay as a Thai citizen' route?

"One of the supporting documents is your passport with a one year extension of stay stamped in it if she needs to use the dependent thing. What visas do you have? She would have to have a non immigrant visa entry to use dependent."

She has a Non-Immigrant O-A visa stamped in her passport.

Thanks for your patience and helpful advice.

Muang Nok

Ban Tak Daet

Donyaihom

Nakhon Pathom

...She has a Thai ID card. How does she do this 'one year extensions of stay as a Thai citizen' route?

Same TM.7 application form, photos, US passport and Thai ID original and copy. This type of extension, is based on paragraph 7.22 of Royal Thai Police Order No. 606/2549. In the field "Reason for extension" she can write something like "Thai national returning to Thailand"

--

Maestro

Thanks Maestro for that advice.

I'm thinking of going that route. But was a little concerned about maintaining her eligibility for US Social Security when she turns 62 in three years if it should still exist then. But that concern is probably not related to the topic on hand.

Thanks again,

Muang Nok

Ban Tak Daet

Donyaihom

Nakhon Pathom

Thanks Maestro for that advice.

I'm thinking of going that route. But was a little concerned about maintaining her eligibility for US Social Security when she turns 62 in three years if it should still exist then. But that concern is probably not related to the topic on hand.

Thanks again,

Muang Nok

Ban Tak Daet

Donyaihom

Nakhon Pathom

Thailand and the USA accept duality of nationality. There is no question of her losing her American citizenship.