Looking For A Pizza Oven

FarangCravings

left of the entrance to Makro thereis a store selling a lot of machines for cooking and baking. Seems to be a branch of a Bkk business. Just ask them!

Also go for Yok-Bakery (YOK-Intertrade), I bought a nice gas oven there two years ago.

One good place. Easy to find. I've talked about it in other posts. You go down the CHiang Mai Lamphun Rd, south of the Super Hwy. That is, at the Nong Hoy Intersection- the one with the big clam and snail shells, where CM Lamphun rd meets the Super Hwy, or Om Muang or Mahidol, however you want to call it, make sure you're heading south towards Lamphun, away from the city. ON the Left about 4 blocks up is a Caltex Gas station with a big star symbol. Just after it is a big restaurant supply place with all kind of great appliances and cooking supplies. Some at discount prices, some at premium prices. They've got dough mixers and pizza ovens. Go in n take a look. Ask for Bass or Art, the two brothers who run the place. Very friendly, a little shy, but always happy to practice their English and help you out. Ooops... forgot to say it's called Pheuan Kruwa - Kitchen Friend - and the sign is only in Thai. But it's right after Caltex and the parking lot is high up, you turn up a good couple feet to park in front of the place.

Yep, Pheuan Kruwa has quite a few ovens both gas and electric in stock at the moment. At various quality/size/price points too.

The new Makro branch at Hang Dong just across the intersection from Big C has a few too in the upstairs section. 'Champ' brand. I think these are the same ones as sold outside the store at the other branch, but probably a better selection at Hang Dong.

The commercial kitchen ware shop just a little down Chang Moi Road from the moat corner and on the left side has several too (look in the back of the store).

These things start at surprisingly cheap prices and go up depending on size, level of sophistication and build quality. An 80 - 90cm wide, basic gas sells for under 8000 Baht.

I'm looking for a24" oven for home use, if you see one in your travels. please post here or PM me if you find. the recomendations above do carry pizza/comercial bread ovens, but no compact home use ovens. The best i can find in CM is an electrolux at home pro for 30kbaht.

Thanks in advance.....