Bts To Airport

barlok1976

Don't knock it. King Power are the only thing paying for the new airport and the new rail link.
I think I'll knock it anyway, heh. I'm thrilled to have the new airport and rail link and if KP is responsible for that then great, but that monstrosity of a shopping complex they've built is hilariously tacky.

Don't knock it. King Power are the only thing paying for the new airport and the new rail link.
I think I'll knock it anyway, heh. I'm thrilled to have the new airport and rail link and if KP is responsible for that then great, but that monstrosity of a shopping complex they've built is hilariously tacky.

I presume you are commenting on the new, well at least 3 years old complex in Bangers itself.

I totally agree with you, the prices made me choke laffing, poor girls trying to sell me sumfin.

If he IS coffing big bucks for the rail, (hard to believe), lucky us travellers.

I presume you are commenting on the new, well at least 3 years old complex in Bangers itself.

I totally agree with you, the prices made me choke laffing, poor girls trying to sell me sumfin.

If he IS coffing big bucks for the rail, (hard to believe), lucky us travellers.

yes, but what you don't know is during the whole train trip to the airport, you will be bombarded with commercial messages from KP and will have girls pushing duty free carts up and down the train. :o

• 11 months later...

Hey Crossy. I got aq good look at the tracks today. Remind me again the difference between the third rail system of the BTS & these ugly ass overhead lines of this new SRT line. Either one better for the toorential rain we get here?

I know the overhead lines carry more current but sheesh they are ugly.

Is the new plan that the Express train will pass the city line by the use of laybys? That ought to be fun. We can have a pool as to when the first big crash will happen.

"I know the overhead lines carry more current but sheesh they are ugly."

This has been covered many times, and I guess once more won't hurt. The overhead lines are required for a high speed train. The "3rd rail" system used by the BTS and MRT is not sufficient for a fast train.

Is the new plan that the Express train will pass the city line by the use of laybys? That ought to be fun. We can have a pool as to when the first big crash will happen.

Saw the trains being tested again yesterday, first the City Train went by followed a couple of minutes later by the Express, guess they were just playing chicken.

• 1 month later...
"I know the overhead lines carry more current but sheesh they are ugly."

This has been covered many times, and I guess once more won't hurt. The overhead lines are required for a high speed train. The "3rd rail" system used by the BTS and MRT is not sufficient for a fast train.

Really, those maglev systems in use elsewhere have overhead lines? :)