Bangkok Nightclubs

PattayaParent

Can anyone recommend a 'decent' nightclub in Bangkok where a 'young' couple in their late 40's can go for a dance in the evening. Or maybe places with a good band to dance to?

Spasso would be maybe too upmarket (and expensive?) and Angels definitely too down market.

What about CM2? Or is it TOO full of FLs? (and where is it).

Or any other recommendations (HippoDome and NASA were faves before but they're not there now.)

Spasso would be maybe too upmarket

hahahaha.thats a good one.

Anyway..what sort of dancing lights your fire ?

Line dancing , break dancing, hip hop dancing , samba dancing, waltz dancing, tango dancing, foxtrot dancing , pole dancing, expressionist dancing, techno dancing, drum n bass dancing, hard house dancing etc, etc.....

You probably won’t go due to preconceived notions about the area, but you should try the Muzac Café in Patpong. Of course, like most clubs it only gets going after about 11:00PM. There is also another one owned by the same people just down the street. Don’t know the name, we just call it the “new Place”, though it has been opened several years now. Both places have really good bands that get the crowd going.

TH

I kinda like the clubs on RCA if i'm up for a boogie.

A wide selection up there and you can usually here the music from outside... so you know if it's your cup of tea or not.

There is a new place opened on Thong Lo called RUXsanook, only been there once, not many people in, but they had 2 thai guys on the stage singing with 2 guitars. They were good. But only sang Thai songs.

Santika on Ekkamai is usually a good place too... although not been there for a while...

You probably won’t go due to preconceived notions about the area, but you should try the Muzac Café in Patpong. Of course, like most clubs it only gets going after about 11:00PM. There is also another one owned by the same people just down the street. Don’t know the name, we just call it the “new Place”, though it has been opened several years now. Both places have really good bands that get the crowd going.

TH

Yeah, its the same people that own Radio City, and a very similar format but with bands playing covers of modern stuff rather than the Elvis/Tom Jones impersonators. Can be a good night out but the last time I went there the band was very iffy ... they seem to change them quite often though so still worth a look.

Can always stroll over to watch Thai Elvis if all else is lost - never fails to amuse me :o

CC

You probably won't go due to preconceived notions about the area, but you should try the Muzac Café in Patpong. Of course, like most clubs it only gets going after about 11:00PM. There is also another one owned by the same people just down the street. Don't know the name, we just call it the "new Place", though it has been opened several years now. Both places have really good bands that get the crowd going.

TH

Yeah, its the same people that own Radio City, and a very similar format but with bands playing covers of modern stuff rather than the Elvis/Tom Jones impersonators. Can be a good night out but the last time I went there the band was very iffy ... they seem to change them quite often though so still worth a look.

Can always stroll over to watch Thai Elvis if all else is lost - never fails to amuse me :o

CC

Agreed CC :D . "The Green green grass of home" ahhh brings a feeling of nostalgia.....

Also, 87 at the Conrad Hotel on Wittayu - they had a great NZ Live band there but I think they left last week.. Not sure who the replacements are...

TH

CC

I didn’t mention Radio City as it did not seem to fit what the OP was looking for. The other 2 clubs are owned by the same people. Muzac Cafe is much smaller then the "New Place" and for me tends to be a bit more comfortable. Though to be honest I haven’t been to either in over a year, so things could have changed a lot.

In the past, there was a huge difference in the bands that played early, which did tend to change, to the same band over a couple of years that played 2 (sometimes 3) sets, starting about midnight.

TH

Can anyone recommend a 'decent' nightclub in Bangkok where a 'young' couple in their late 40's can go for a dance in the evening. Or maybe places with a good band to dance to?

Spasso would be maybe too upmarket (and expensive?) and Angels definitely too down market.

What about CM2? Or is it TOO full of FLs? (and where is it).

Or any other recommendations (HippoDome and NASA were faves before but they're not there now.)

WHAT ABOUT A WALTZ ! :o

You probably won't go due to preconceived notions about the area, but you should try the Muzac Café in Patpong. Of course, like most clubs it only gets going after about 11:00PM. There is also another one owned by the same people just down the street. Don't know the name, we just call it the "new Place", though it has been opened several years now. Both places have really good bands that get the crowd going.

TH

CC

Agreed CC :D . "The Green green grass of home" ahhh brings a feeling of nostalgia.....

Also, 87 at the Conrad Hotel on Wittayu - they had a great NZ Live band there but I think they left last week.. Not sure who the replacements are...

I second that, 87 in Conrad could be right on target. Not too upmarket or expensive, yet nice. Not full of FLs, and the age group would be suitable as well.

cheers

nm

Two things on this thread just made me LOL.

One chap recommending RCA for a couple in their 40s (Bangkok post...please attend and take photos)

and

87 NOT being full of freelancers!

Excellent stuff.

Couples in their 40s: go to bar Su at the Sheraton, Bed if you're feeling lively, otherwise it's the boat parties on the Chao Phraya.