Immigration Fees

Hi all

just posting to get some of your opinions on the fees currently charged at immigration these days. Just paid 1900 baht yesterday to extend for only 7 days.............and thought thats nearly 60 us dollars. Considering the actual cost of a tourist visa is usually only about 1000 baht, thought that was a bit expensive.

After the crash of 97 i noticed fees and baht requirements were raised due to the weakness of the baht, but now the baht is rising against most currencies, i dont think these fees will come down.

With the baht heading for 25/dollar this is all going to get very expensive.

I am aware that most western nations fees are very expensive compared to here, but im trying to keep it in perspective, as this is still a developing nation.

Hi all

just posting to get some of your opinions on the fees currently charged at immigration these days. Just paid 1900 baht yesterday to extend for only 7 days.............and thought thats nearly 60 us dollars. Considering the actual cost of a tourist visa is usually only about 1000 baht, thought that was a bit expensive.

After the crash of 97 i noticed fees and baht requirements were raised due to the weakness of the baht, but now the baht is rising against most currencies, i dont think these fees will come down.

With the baht heading for 25/dollar this is all going to get very expensive.

I am aware that most western nations fees are very expensive compared to here, but im trying to keep it in perspective, as this is still a developing nation.

I suppose you have a crystal ball.

Seriously, if the dollar devalues to 25 baht the cost of visa runs/extensions/visas will be the least of your concerns.