Police Officers Urged To Avoid Temptation

fresnoboy

Anyone have any thoughts about this ?

http://' target="_blank">Police officers urged to avoid temptation

Theerarak Suthatiwong

Pattaya Police Station held its monthly meeting during the morning of January 9, during which superintendent of the station Pol Col Nopadol Wongnorn reminded officers that their integrity was of paramount importance.

n2-Police-meeting.jpg

Pol Col Nopadol Wongnorn reminds officers that their integrity is of paramount importance.

The meeting took place at the Grand Sole Hotel on Second Road, with Pol Lt Col Supachat Piemmanat, deputy superintendent of crime suppression leading the 214 police officers who attended.

Officers who were being promoted to new positions at Pattaya Police Station were introduced before the meeting was held. They were Pol Maj Wittaya Yuenyong (chief of crime suppression), Pol Maj Chalermsak Tientongsri (investigation), and Pol Maj Pasakorn Paijit (crime suppression).

Following the announcements, Pol Col Nopadol Wongnorn thanked all officers for their diligence during the elections, during the birthday celebrations of His Majesty the King, and over the New Year holiday period.

The superintendent urged every officer to exercise the utmost vigilance in his duties in the prevention of crime and in the providing of service to the people, saying that an efficient and courteous police force was essential for the wellbeing and future of Pattaya.

He stressed that every police officer should avoid the temptations of becoming involved with gambling houses, the publishing of lewd materials, pirating of intellectual property, illegal entertainment, narcotics, and the inducements of influential people within the area.

<a href="

http://" target="_blank"></a>Police officers urged to avoid temptation

Theerarak Suthatiwong

Pattaya Police Station held its monthly meeting during the morning of January 9, during which superintendent of the station Pol Col Nopadol Wongnorn reminded officers that their integrity was of paramount importance.

n2-Police-meeting.jpg

Pol Col Nopadol Wongnorn reminds officers that their integrity is of paramount importance.

The meeting took place at the Grand Sole Hotel on Second Road, with Pol Lt Col Supachat Piemmanat, deputy superintendent of crime suppression leading the 214 police officers who attended.

Officers who were being promoted to new positions at Pattaya Police Station were introduced before the meeting was held. They were Pol Maj Wittaya Yuenyong (chief of crime suppression), Pol Maj Chalermsak Tientongsri (investigation), and Pol Maj Pasakorn Paijit (crime suppression).

Following the announcements, Pol Col Nopadol Wongnorn thanked all officers for their diligence during the elections, during the birthday celebrations of His Majesty the King, and over the New Year holiday period.

The superintendent urged every officer to exercise the utmost vigilance in his duties in the prevention of crime and in the providing of service to the people, saying that an efficient and courteous police force was essential for the wellbeing and future of Pattaya.

He stressed that every police officer should avoid the temptations of becoming involved with gambling houses, the publishing of lewd materials, pirating of intellectual property, illegal entertainment, narcotics, and the inducements of influential people within the area.

Source of article Please??

gambling houses, the publishing of lewd materials, pirating of intellectual property, illegal entertainment, narcotics, and the inducements of influential people within the area.

Sounds like he's giving tips on where the most cash can be made.

I'm sure he's a squeaky clean honest guy who achieved his position through hard work and complete adherence to the law.

There is NOT ONE policeman in Thailand who is not guilty of corruption. I can make this sweeping generalization because of guilt by association, and even if their are no associates directly...every officer knows of someone on the take, and by not reporting/arresting said officer he is ignoring (breaking) the law and is guilty.

Bash away...I'm all ears.

Pumpuiman you got a point there... And I have a question...

The other day the police came by my office and wanted me to put a 3000THB announcement in their "law and order" police magazin (which is all in thai). After talking to them complaining about the increase in the amount of drug dealers on beach road and walking street, and why nothing was done to prevent that, they gave me names and addresses to the top of police in Pattaya and said I should write a formal complaint and give it there.

Now the question is... would it matter if I did write a complaint?

<a href="

http://" target="_blank"></a>Police officers urged to avoid temptation

Theerarak Suthatiwong

n2-Police-meeting.jpg

Source of article Please??

Pattaya Mail, this week !!

gambling houses, the publishing of lewd materials, pirating of intellectual property, illegal entertainment, narcotics, and the inducements of influential people within the area.

Sounds like he's giving tips on where the most cash can be made.

I'm sure he's a squeaky clean honest guy who achieved his position through hard work and complete adherence to the law.

There is NOT ONE policeman in Thailand who is not guilty of corruption. I can make this sweeping generalization because of guilt by association, and even if their are no associates directly...every officer knows of someone on the take, and by not reporting/arresting said officer he is ignoring (breaking) the law and is guilty.

Bash away...I'm all ears.

I'd agree with you. Even if you wanted to be an honest policeman, the guy above you paid for his position and has to keep passing money up to the guy above him who has to pass money to the guy above him and so on. So its not only a case that you won't be promoted unless you're willing to pay and also earn money to the guy who puts you forward for promotion, but even if you're happy to stay at the bottom and be honest you'll need to generate money because the guy above you needs money.

Its impossible for any policeman to be non-corrupt. The entire structure needs a constant flow of money and you can't decide not to be part of the structure

Pumpuiman you got a point there... And I have a question...

The other day the police came by my office and wanted me to put a 3000THB announcement in their "law and order" police magazin (which is all in thai). After talking to them complaining about the increase in the amount of drug dealers on beach road and walking street, and why nothing was done to prevent that, they gave me names and addresses to the top of police in Pattaya and said I should write a formal complaint and give it there.

Now the question is... would it matter if I did write a complaint?

Interesting...It makes one wonder...would you actually be doing the right thing? Or opening up a can of worms that feed on the contents of your wallet.

Personally, I'm a stick to the middle of the herd guy when it comes to making a stink in Thailand.There's far too many unknowns, and no back up.

Perhaps a letter written as a group of concerned businesses, signed by Thai and farang, would have more impact....and enable any one particular party to remain "in the herd" and not out in the open.

Tough call.

Does anyone else get the impression that they police are nothing but a bunch of children? You here this time and again..now, now children be good...

They: Do what they want, enforce what they want, take what they want...

I think not only is it impossible for police not to be corrupt but I would say in addition to whatever petty nonsense the cop can pull off there is clearly duplicity in the entire rank. Its venal, nothing more than a mafia.

Th entire nation is nothing more than cambodis 30 yrs in the future. From the parliament to the monkey on the moto, everyone can be bought for a pittance.

Don't believe me? Go file a report on a bar incident or some Thai that assaulted you. HAH!

Thailand -- half the women are pro's and half the men cons

I resent the negative comments about the police. I have a good friends who is a policeman and he doesn't do any of the other bad things that policemen do. He's doing busy taking care of his drug habit!

Most dangerous job in Thailand,"investigative journalist"!!!Setting up a sting operation here would be so easy ,and with all the tiny cameras available every moment could be captured.However it would probaly be a quick way to get yourself killed!!! I have been told if you want someone killed there are brown shirts who will do it for as little as 5000 baht!While living up country some years ago a policeman borrowed 1000 baht from my wife,I was the only farang around then,he left a brand new .38 revolver as security and said if I dont return the money in 3 days the gun is yours!He never came back and it ws sold for 5000 baht!I asked the question what did he want the money for,oh my wife said he want to buy drugs to sell!!!!